Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4240 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

The Joker's real name

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for detective_vector
    Detective Vector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Detective Vector

While I was at the joker's page I noticed that his real name is unknown which and I googled up for the joker's real name and I was wondering if this is his real name  "Jack Napier"

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

No. His real name is Joker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He doesnt have or need one. And its THE joker.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Detective Vector: His real name has not  been said at all only Jack has been used and it may have been an alias none of the Joker pre transformation stories are reliable.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

For all intents and purposes, Joker is his legal name

rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By rlmay3

On his tax forms he writes "T. Joker"

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @Detective Vector said:
    " While I was at the joker's page I noticed that his real name is unknown which and I googled up for the joker's real name and I was wondering if this is his real name  "Jack Napier" "
    The Jack Napier thing comes from Tim Burtons first Bat movie.
    Not the comics.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Magian

In some incarnations the name "Jack Napier" was used. In the comics it was never revealed.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By G Bird

There's this idiot at work that argues to the death that Joker's real name is Jack Napier and it drives me nuts lol! He thinks I'm stupid because I don't believe him. He's the same moron that asked me if Harvey Birdman was on Marvel or DC!!! I tried telling him that nobody knows what Joker's real name is and they only used that for the movies but he doesn't listen.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@G Bird said:
    "There's this idiot at work that argues to the death that Joker's real name is Jack Napier and it drives me nuts lol! He thinks I'm stupid because I don't believe him. He's the same moron that asked me if Harvey Birdman was on Marvel or DC!!! I tried telling him that nobody knows what Joker's real name is and they only used that for the movies but he doesn't listen. "

HAHAHAHA...., yeah some people say to me that Darth Vader was a Marvel, then i told him, that Marvel dont own Star Wars and they made some comics about Star Wars in the 70s and 80s. 
    Until what i knoe the Joker have no name and there is nothing about what he was before The Joker, for all what we know hhis real name could be actually The Joker.
    Glasgow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Glasgow

its Joseph Kehr... get it, Joe Kehr, hahahaha
    anyways, no he doesn't have a real name, it's just The Joker

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By G Bird
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @G Bird said:
    "There's this idiot at work that argues to the death that Joker's real name is Jack Napier and it drives me nuts lol! He thinks I'm stupid because I don't believe him. He's the same moron that asked me if Harvey Birdman was on Marvel or DC!!! I tried telling him that nobody knows what Joker's real name is and they only used that for the movies but he doesn't listen. "
    HAHAHAHA...., yeah some people say to me that Darth Vader was a Marvel, then i told him, that Marvel dont own Star Wars and they made some comics about Star Wars in the 70s and 80s. Until what i knoe the Joker have no name and there is nothing about what he was before The Joker, for all what we know hhis real name could be actually The Joker. "
    Dude I actually own the very first two they put out, the big oversized ones that came out with the first two movies. I heard they're quite collectible but I'm not sure how much they're worth. My grandma gave them to me last month when she ran across them in her upstairs and she knew I collected comics.
    Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CaptainCockblock

Joker carries many aliases, but truth is, his true identity is tied up in disguises and permanent scarring. He likes to somewhat taunt people by making his aliases sound dangerously close to his real name, Jack, Joe Kerr, etc.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.