The Joker's real name

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Detective Vector (50 posts) - - Show Bio

While I was at the joker's page I noticed that his real name is unknown which and I googled up for the joker's real name and I was wondering if this is his real name  "Jack Napier"

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

No. His real name is Joker.

#3 Edited by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesnt have or need one. And its THE joker.
#4 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio
@Detective Vector: His real name has not  been said at all only Jack has been used and it may have been an alias none of the Joker pre transformation stories are reliable.
#5 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

For all intents and purposes, Joker is his legal name

#6 Posted by rlmay3 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

On his tax forms he writes "T. Joker"

#7 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2662 posts) - - Show Bio
@Detective Vector said:
" While I was at the joker's page I noticed that his real name is unknown which and I googled up for the joker's real name and I was wondering if this is his real name  "Jack Napier" "
The Jack Napier thing comes from Tim Burtons first Bat movie.
Not the comics.
#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147057 posts) - - Show Bio

In some incarnations the name "Jack Napier" was used. In the comics it was never revealed.
#9 Posted by G Bird (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

There's this idiot at work that argues to the death that Joker's real name is Jack Napier and it drives me nuts lol! He thinks I'm stupid because I don't believe him. He's the same moron that asked me if Harvey Birdman was on Marvel or DC!!! I tried telling him that nobody knows what Joker's real name is and they only used that for the movies but he doesn't listen.

#10 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12637 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird said:
"There's this idiot at work that argues to the death that Joker's real name is Jack Napier and it drives me nuts lol! He thinks I'm stupid because I don't believe him. He's the same moron that asked me if Harvey Birdman was on Marvel or DC!!! I tried telling him that nobody knows what Joker's real name is and they only used that for the movies but he doesn't listen. "

HAHAHAHA...., yeah some people say to me that Darth Vader was a Marvel, then i told him, that Marvel dont own Star Wars and they made some comics about Star Wars in the 70s and 80s. 
Until what i knoe the Joker have no name and there is nothing about what he was before The Joker, for all what we know hhis real name could be actually The Joker.
#11 Posted by Glasgow (134 posts) - - Show Bio

its Joseph Kehr... get it, Joe Kehr, hahahaha
anyways, no he doesn't have a real name, it's just The Joker

#12 Posted by G Bird (1277 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" @G Bird said:
"There's this idiot at work that argues to the death that Joker's real name is Jack Napier and it drives me nuts lol! He thinks I'm stupid because I don't believe him. He's the same moron that asked me if Harvey Birdman was on Marvel or DC!!! I tried telling him that nobody knows what Joker's real name is and they only used that for the movies but he doesn't listen. "
HAHAHAHA...., yeah some people say to me that Darth Vader was a Marvel, then i told him, that Marvel dont own Star Wars and they made some comics about Star Wars in the 70s and 80s. Until what i knoe the Joker have no name and there is nothing about what he was before The Joker, for all what we know hhis real name could be actually The Joker. "
Dude I actually own the very first two they put out, the big oversized ones that came out with the first two movies. I heard they're quite collectible but I'm not sure how much they're worth. My grandma gave them to me last month when she ran across them in her upstairs and she knew I collected comics.
#13 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker carries many aliases, but truth is, his true identity is tied up in disguises and permanent scarring. He likes to somewhat taunt people by making his aliases sound dangerously close to his real name, Jack, Joe Kerr, etc.

#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.