The Joker will become Damien's archnemesis

#1 Posted by the_nightwalker (176 posts) - - Show Bio

based on the events in "batman and Robin" issue 13, I think the Joker's newest target and nemesis is going to be Damien. Not only is it another Robin to kill for him. It is also Bruce's son, which is hinted at that the Joker recognizes by the way he talks. He turns himself in the cops because as he says without the real batman it's just not the same. but i think seeing an extension of Bruce in Damien he will find a new purpose and be hellbent on killing him.
Not to mention, Damien beat the snot out of him with a crowbar... This one's for you, Jason.

#2 Posted by Trump Card (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that would be freakin sweet! I like this idea a lot! I'm interested to see how there relationship will play out in the future, and after reading this, I think the son of Wayne would be none better to be the rival of the Joker! But once Bruce returns, what is going to happen between them??

#3 Posted by the_nightwalker (176 posts) - - Show Bio

you gotta figure the son and father team is gonna happen for that very interesting dynamic. But the better question is what will become of Dick Grayson. I've grown to love him as the bat, as much as i feel bruce is the only bat, I really want DIck and Damian to kick around a little longer    

#4 Posted by Croaker (315 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bruce were to accept Damien as his Robin, I don't know..it would kinda ruin Bruce. He is his flesh and blood and he has issues with accepting new partners as it is.

#5 Posted by the_nightwalker (176 posts) - - Show Bio

but isn't that always part of his archetype? this would be a continuation of said struggle

#6 Posted by Croaker (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's different when it's about his biological son.

#7 Posted by Telcalipoca (985 posts) - - Show Bio
@the_nightwalker said:
" you gotta figure the son and father team is gonna happen for that very interesting dynamic.      "

that duo will be the end of "the dynamic duo" it will become the "brooding duo". look out evil doers here comes the brooding duo one is always on the brick of crossing the line and the other has already pass it!!

#8 Posted by Croaker (315 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a good point. Dynamic Duo is supposed to be a wisecracking swashbuckler with a brooding avenger, not two of a kind.

#9 Posted by the_nightwalker (176 posts) - - Show Bio

this might make bruce rethink his strategy for not wanting his son to fall down the same pits he has.

#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (8329 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant remember where i read it but the important people at DC already stated that when Bruce comes back he is going to globalize the idea of batman and although he will don the cape and cowl again Dick will also continue to be batman for an unforseen amount of the future (at least about a year). Bruce will take damien out as his robin but they stated Bruce will not approve of him as his side kick as much and that Bruce will ultimately agree that Dick should continue to work with Damien as a Dynamic duo. I think this will be great bc that will leave it like this 

Comics Focused on Bruce-
Batman 
Batman Inc.  
Detective Comics (most likely) 

Comics Focused on or featuring Dick- 
Batman and Robin 
JLA 

Comics Focused on or Featuring Damien- 
Batman and Robin 
Teen Titans 

Comics Focused on Tim- 
Red Robin (if he continues to use that identity once Bruce has returned which i think he will) 

Comics Focused on Stephanie- 
Batgirl 

Comics Focused on Gordon- 
Streets of Gothom
#11 Posted by NightFang (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

If that happen then Joker well finely have the Batman he's always wanted. 

#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (8329 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
"If that happen then Joker well finely have the Batman he's always wanted.  "

which is what? one that talks back and is willing to kill?
#13 Posted by Grubich (395 posts) - - Show Bio
@the_nightwalker said:

"based on the events in "batman and Robin" issue 13, I think the Joker's newest target and nemesis is going to be Damien. Not only is it another Robin to kill for him. It is also Bruce's son, which is hinted at that the Joker recognizes by the way he talks. He turns himself in the cops because as he says without the real batman it's just not the same. but i think seeing an extension of Bruce in Damien he will find a new purpose and be hellbent on killing him. Not to mention, Damien beat the snot out of him with a crowbar... This one's for you, Jason."

Actually, I believe Damien was quoting Jason from this situation here, which I think Joker remembered. 
So I think it hinted that Jason is using the same machine that Talia let Slade(Deathstroke) used to control Damien.    
Maybe if you look at the one page in issue 13 you'll see what I'm talking about. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.