Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4210 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

The Fate of Ledger's Joker after The Dark Knight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By End_Boss

I think this is the forum I remembering seeing the thread on... Anyway, for those curious, the fate of Ledger's Joker after The Dark Knight is revealed in the novelization of The Dark Knight Rises. Here's the excerpt:

“Now that the Dent Act had made it all but impossible for the city’s criminals to cop an insanity plea, it (Blackgate Prison) had replaced Arkham Asylum as the preferred location for imprisoning both convicted and suspected felons. The worst of the worst were sent here, except for the Joker, who, rumor had it, was locked away as Arkham’s sole remaining inmate. Or perhaps he had escaped. Nobody was really sure. Not even Selina.”

And the source.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By Black_Claw

If Joker really did escape, I'm willing to bet that he goes into a catatonic state once Batman "dies" in the explosion. That's usually what happens to Joker if Batman supposedly "dies" or disappears.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@end_boss:

I heard that he was executed, which is more than likely to happen to such a person.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's something I really like about the fact that the Joker's whereabouts are based in rumor and hearsay, even in the real world.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonsmith said:

There's something I really like about the fact that the Joker's whereabouts are based in rumor and hearsay, even in the real world.

yea, it's kind of fitting

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By End_Boss
    Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
    Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.