Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4239 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

The Dark Knight's ending(s): SPOILERS.

Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Punchinello

Which 'version' of the film did you see?

The first time I saw it (opening day, 16th); The Joker's ending was vague/unfinished. He just laughed, and Batman disappeared.

When me and friends saw it again last Friday, the scene was 'extended': The Joker laughing, shots of Batman, Batman leaving as the SWAT team go up the stairs, the SWAT team explore and find Joker, The Joker laughs at them, the SWAT team look determined yet also puzzled, and then the film continues back to Batman.

I asked one of my few American friends who've also seen it, and they said they've seen the 'unfinished' ending!film. So what gives? Are there two endings? Is the extended version an Australian exclusive or what, for some reason...? (Aussie here!) Or somehow, very coincidently, two -very- crappy film reels in two different countries?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

I've seen the movie twice, same ending in both of them (your second option)

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I saw it twice but closer to when it came out. If it was a recent change (you said last friday, only a couple days ago) then I wouldn't have seen it. Strange.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Methos

i've seen it once now and it was the 'full ending'...

i haven't heard anything about a second one

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sparda

I saw the "unfinished" one. I wish I saw the extended one, though-despite the small difference, it sounds like a final laugh for Joker.

I live in Canada, also.

Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Punchinello

This is very odd! D=

The first time me and friends saw it was Wednesday, 16th, Australia-time.

The second time was a week later on that week's Friday.  Our American friend saw it once on Sunday night, and she saw the 'unfinished ending'. Another American friend has just seen it on last Thursday, but we have yet to ask her which version she's seen. =/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.