Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4212 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

So the Joker status right now?

Slime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slime

So he has his new looks, facial scarring, bullet dent, discolored eye and cut tongue, but in other works (not including Brian Azarello's Joker or Kevin Smith's Cacophony because they ain't canon) he has a different, unaltered appearance. And I am confused ¿was it Gaggy the whole time in Sirens or just during the attack at Harley and Hush and the climax? I guess the still-running Batman and Robin with Dick and Damian will give us a bit more insight into Batman's greatest enemy's location and the way he rolls now.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Slime:
    Yep it was Gaggy the  whole time in Sirens. Joker hasn't been seen since Damian ran his ass off a bridge in RIP and I really think his next appearance will be in Batman and Robin. It is unfortunate that Joker is the same old same old in most other comics he appears in it is annoying that no one draws him with the severed lips and bullet wound I'm not one to complain about continuity errors because usually they are small things people mess up but overlooking the fact that he had reconstruction surgery is where I draw the line.
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By MysterioMaximus

And I for one am glad they ignore most this silly Joker extreme stuff people have been doing lately. Gore-like scars? Snake tongue? That just ain't comic book Joker...and odds are it'll keep being ignored. Classic Joker is classic for a reason. This sort of thing always happens. Someone comes along and visually changes a character up for a little while, then the appearance goes back to the default look that people know and recognize. It's happened with hundreds of characters.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By johnny_spam
    @MysterioMaximus:
    Gory Joker is more accurate to the original Joker who was a maniac who didn't tell funny jokes at all. I loved Batman the Animated Series but I feel that it dilluted Joker to much. 
    lozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lozer

I thought Joker had the power to "cheat death" and therefore "cheat scars". Though that's more of an writer added power like "comic-awareness".

Anyway, I like Joker that way.

MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MysterioMaximus

@johnny spam
    said:

"@MysterioMaximus: Gory Joker is more accurate to the original Joker who was a maniac who didn't tell funny jokes at all. I loved Batman the Animated Series but I feel that it dilluted Joker to much.  "

Um no...original Joker did not look anything like what's been done with him today. His lips were not gore-like scars. His tongue was not cut

down the middle. The Joker is not a slasher movie villain, and resorting him to nothing but a mere killing machine is about as shallow and one-dimensional you can make a character. I'm well aware of the Joker originally being pretty much nothing but some homicidal maniac, but by no means does the original Joker pictures look similar to the rediculous "Joker extreme" of today. Is it truly any wonder why most artists and writers ignore the crap they've done with him lately?
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By johnny_spam
    @MysterioMaximus:
    The original Joker had a permanant smile on his face  as well I also say that the scarred look matches up to the original Joker because of the homicidal nature and the fact that his face was said to be stuck in a smile.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mutant X
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

What comic is this from?
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @Mutant X said:
    " @MysterioMaximus said:
    "

What comic is this from? "

This is from Brian Azzarello's Joker graphic novel. It's good...but I wouldn't say anything to write home about either.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Zoom

@johnny spam said:

"@MysterioMaximus:
    The original Joker had a permanant smile on his face  as well I also say that the scarred look matches up to the original Joker because of the homicidal nature and the fact that his face was said to be stuck in a smile.

"

Joker's face wasn't stuck in a smile in that very issue.  How do you think he was able to impersonate the policeman if he was constantly grinning?  Hell, there are two panels of him in that very picture where he isn't smiling. 

I agree with Mysterio.  Joker's character has evolved beyond what he was in the 40s.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Zoom:
    There is actually a seen somewhere in those early issues where he had passed out and kept his smile I can't seem to find it.  But even recently the mouth doesn't stay the same always. 
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Last I heard of Joker he pwned Alexander Luthor for not letting him in his gang

Jerry Seinfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Jerry Seinfeld
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    "Last I heard of Joker he pwned Alexander Luthor for not letting him in his gang "

You mean like this?

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Son_of_Magnus:
    That was at least four years ago Joker was last seen in Batman RIP everything else was either a flashback or out of current continuity.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Jerry Seinfeld said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    "Last I heard of Joker he pwned Alexander Luthor for not letting him in his gang "

You mean like this?
    No Caption Provided
    "
    This is what happens when you don't let the Joker play.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @johnny spam said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus: That was at least four years ago Joker was last seen in Batman RIP everything else was either a flashback or out of current continuity. "
    I know but I like that better than his RIP and Cacophony appearances
    beef1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By beef1888
    @Slime:
    I'm very surprised that Joker hasn't shown up with a Black Lantern Ring yet. He died a couple of times in the past, even at the hands of Nightwing in Last Laugh. So Wonder Woman, Superman, Superboy, why not Joker?
    The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By The_Warlord

I thought the writers were trying to cash in on the succes of the film, by reffering to the facial scarring in the film.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Love said:
    "I thought the writers were trying to cash in on the succes of the film, by reffering to the facial scarring in the film. "

@Love:
    He got them before The Dark Knight.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I hope someone kills him.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " I hope someone kills him. "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Already happened in Last Laugh but Bruce had to be an idiot and bring him back to life
    Slime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Slime

Well, Sirens is still ongoing, so who knows, maybe later the real Joker will show up
    the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_fallen11

That is upsetting that in his appearances  since RIP he has not changed,  RIP was a very high-profile story and DC pretty much gave Grant Morrison the keys to the "Bat-universe" so it is vexing when other writers/artist don't follow canon. I guess for me I am just not going to consider his  appearances  since RIP canon. and just wait until he shows up in Batman & Robin.

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By likalaruku

RIP was the last story he was in in the current timeline. Absolutely everything the Joker has been in since has been a flashback, set in the past, an imposter, or part of a DCAU comic.

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheJokerha

Alex Ross and a few other at DC offered up a theory that I really like.
    The chemical bath Joker was immersed in made him almost a type of "undead". Not in a supernatural sense, but in a sense that he can't really be killed.  He has healing factor/ damage resistance powers. He recovers from any thing and eventually returns to how he looked when he originally emerged from the chemicals. His healing factor is no where near as advanced as Wolverine's of course. Maybe re genitive powers would be a better term. He can be hurt, blown up beat up,and suffer. But he always completely recovers. Hell, he keeps going through damage that would kill or cripple another man.
    When Paul/Batman broke his arm, busted him up and beat him unconscious, he popped up in the ambulance and escaped. He's been hit by a semi and knocked off a over pass into oncoming traffic. Shot in the knee but walks and runs just fine. He's been struck by lightening on a steel girder and plummeted into the ocean during a hurricane. He was even executed in the electric chair once, before he was declare legally insane. He crawled out of his grave with his henchman's help. Outside of Elseworld stories, he has never been permanently damaged after the chemical bath. I know Nightwing beat him to death, but I wonder if he would have even recovered from that if given enough time. I think, no matter what happens to him, he will eventually return to "normal."

Boneapart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Boneapart
    @TheJokerha:
    Do you have the pics of him being run over? Or any of the other stuff youve mentioned. I would love to see it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.