off my mind: heath ledger joker quote hidden meaning?

#1 Posted by enterthejoker (24 posts) - - Show Bio

in his final scene joker said "you didn't think i'd risk losing the battle for gotham in a fist fight with you? you need an ACE IN THE HOLE." 
note: in cards, an ace and a joker is known as a DEAD MANS HAND....
look what happend to Harvey...

#2 Posted by OneHappyIgloo (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if it's a "hidden" meaning but an ace in a hole is something that is sure to win, being that in poker when you have a facedown card, or a "hole", the most propitious card is an ace. I haven't heard of a dead man's hand, but it would certainly be clever if the meaning was intended.

#3 Posted by enterthejoker (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@onehappyigloo: i dont know if it was intentional or not, but it would be good if it was :)
#4 Posted by IKnowEverything (359 posts) - - Show Bio
@enterthejoker said:
@onehappyigloo: i dont know if it was intentional or not, but it would be good if it was :)
thats a badass deck of cards
#5 Posted by enterthejoker (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@IKnowEverything: lol, i know

#6 Posted by DeadJester (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@enterthejoker: what brand are those cards? im always on the lookout for cool sets so i might look em up and buy em if i can lol

#7 Posted by enterthejoker (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeadJester: sorry not sure, i found the image on google.

#8 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe

#9 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

No, just a coincidence.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.