No Joker in comics this year.....

Posted by likalaruku (759 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean in the current timeline. Confidential & Cacophony take place in the past.

Okey, the Joker is missing, he wasn't at Arkham during B4tC, he didn't try to sabotoge the Robin War for the Cowl, we KNOW he didn't drown in that ambulance he was driving when Damien ran him off the bridge (that would be too stupid & lame a death), & the Penguin is planning to move up in Power. Joker always claimed to be #1 & I can't recall the Penguin ever trying to one-up him. So....I think he's skipped town, gone looking for Batman like Red Robin. This means that even if the real Batman doesn't return to the cowl, the Joker will still seek him out. (Paul Dini said Bruce ain't dead & I'm going with that).

Is this wishful thinking, or might I have something here?

Buh, I never did like Dick Greyson, but if Jason becomes the new totaly villanous Red Hood like others have suggested, then that should be fun.

#1 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that it was total bs that Joker wasn't in BftC.

#2 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker should stay out of comics until Bruce comes back. The whole point of the character is that he only wants to fight Batman, not his less awesome replacement.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22457 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of him going even more crazy running around the world searching for Bruce but I also want to see his reaction when he realizes that the current Batman isn't "his" Batman

#4 Edited by likalaruku (759 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I like the idea of him going even more crazy running around the world searching for Bruce but I also want to see his reaction when he realizes that the current Batman isn't "his" Batman "
I've already seen that reaction in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (& loved it). I imagine it would be less ammusing than his reaction to Azrael because the Joker sure hates him some Robins. :p

@TheBug said:
" I thought that it was total bs that Joker wasn't in BftC. "
He probably would have stolen the spotlight.

@Truex said:
" The Joker should stay out of comics until Bruce comes back. The whole point of the character is that he only wants to fight Batman, not his less awesome replacement. "
But if for some akward reason Bruce should transfur to another comic series (someone said he could see Bruce returning as a member of Green Lantern <yeah right>) then the Joker should also transfur with him.
#5 Edited by HarryF25 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

didnt grant morrison say "I think we'd all love to see [Quitely's] take on the Joker, so yeah, I'd like to think I can make that happen in some way." so he could turn up at the end of his run on batman and robin in the last arc or somthing like that

#6 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be awesome if he somehow manages to unmask Dick.

#7 Posted by lolidude (112 posts) - - Show Bio
@Truex: What!? Isn't bruce Dead?
#8 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
@lolidude said:
"@Truex: What!? Isn't bruce Dead?"

It appears so sir... Im no follower of the Bat, but I'm curious to see if he's dead.. What with my current Obsession(Blackest Night) and his death being confirmed by the Black Lantern Battery... This confuses me... Since it sees the dead
#9 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rothschild said:
" @lolidude said:
"@Truex: What!? Isn't bruce Dead?"
It appears so sir... Im no follower of the Bat, but I'm curious to see if he's dead.. What with my current Obsession(Blackest Night) and his death being confirmed by the Black Lantern Battery... This confuses me... Since it sees the dead "
Bruce isn't dead, he was sent back in time by Darkseid in Final Crisis and he is stuck in the stone age. For some reason there was a body left over and that was what made everyone think that Bruce had been killed. They will probably use Blackest Night to reveal to the DCU that he isn't actually dead because he can't be resurrected.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.