Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4239 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Joker's reaction in B&R 13

sasarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sasarai

It is clear that the joker knows that Batman is not Bruce and I really thought that he was gonna have a really bad reaction, like going on a killing spree and crazy the instant that he realized that Bruce was death (or at least out of his reach to kill). It really stroke as a surprise. Maybe he is waiting to go crazy and he is gonna burn down the city.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DedmanWalkin

This is a common misconception about the Joker. He does not want to kill Batman, in fact he can't kill Batman even with unlimited cosmic power he can't do it. The Joker has likely known who Batman was in real life for years and yet he never directly attacked Bruce because Bruce is the Mask that Batman wears to the rest of the world. The Joker likely knows that Dick is now Batman but does not care because Batman just switched his Mask from Bruce to Dick. The Joker doesn't see the person, he sees the bat.  Whoever happens to be the Bat, so long as they fill the shoes nicely, he will vex.

sasarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sasarai

I know that he doesn't really wanna kill him but he likes fighting the other and definitely he is the one who wants to defeat him, even if that doesn't mean killing him.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

It's very simple. For the Joker it's Bruce Wayne or GTFO. 

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DedmanWalkin

No, the Joker doesn't see Bruce he sees the Bat. Bruce for the Joker was simply the Mask that Batman wore around people, as long as Dick can be as incorruptible as the Bat then the Joker will simply think the Bat has switched masks.

Avatar image for clayfacetheterror
    ClayfaceTheTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ClayfaceTheTerror

I think that Joker is kind of haveing the reaction that he had in The Dark Knight Returns. In that he kind of went into a non-responsive state. In this new issue it seems hes somewhat lost his insanity or whatever since Batman died. He acted very weird in this, almost bursting into tears at one point even, not really how I was expecting to see the Joker in his return...I do agree with sasarai on that point, I was expecting a really bad insane reaction from him.
    batarang614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batarang614
    @DedmanWalkin: have you read the book cause he says h  is batman  is gone and  is refusng to be evl essentally
    Avatar image for clayfacetheterror
    ClayfaceTheTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ClayfaceTheTerror

I re-read it earlier and he did say "No matter how many I killed, Batman, my Batman, was gone."

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By John Valentine
    @DedmanWalkin said:
    " This is a common misconception about the Joker. He does not want to kill Batman, in fact he can't kill Batman even with unlimited cosmic power he can't do it. The Joker has likely known who Batman was in real life for years and yet he never directly attacked Bruce because Bruce is the Mask that Batman wears to the rest of the world. The Joker likely knows that Dick is now Batman but does not care because Batman just switched his Mask from Bruce to Dick. The Joker doesn't see the person, he sees the bat.  Whoever happens to be the Bat, so long as they fill the shoes nicely, he will vex. "
    That's clearly false considering Joker's complete personality/ attitude change since we last saw him when Bruce was Batman...
    Avatar image for the_jokes_on_you
    The_Jokes_On_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By The_Jokes_On_You

I think it does matter which Batman it is to a point. Bruce will always be the best Batman ever. For the Joker, Dick might pose a challenge but never one a great as the original Batman.

But then agian in the next issue, he might change his personality again to fit the situation and be totally fine with Dick being the new Batman. You never know with him....

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By The Lobster

For Joker he probably thinks, "Why battle a second rate batman, it just doesn't compare to battling the best of the best." 

It's like eating the best food in world, food made only for gods, why eat anything else....it just doesn't compare. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.