Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4234 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

joker vs wonder woman's lasso

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cameron83

if joker is bound by the lasso,will he tell the truth? or can he resist it

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By moywar700

Yes he will tell the truth.The lasso also cures insanity.The joker isn't insane though, he just pretends so he can escape the death penalty.

tylertothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tylertothemax

@moywar700: this is old but i'm gonna bump it.

Joker is definitely insane. I don't see anyway around it.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Magic beats insanity. Just because the Joker's insane doesn't mean that he doesn't know the truth or is incapable of telling it.

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheJokerha

The whole "Joker is just faking insanity" was just a speculation mentioned in a few non canon event projects like Batman: Black and White and Justice. Martian Manhunter, Zauriel,, The Stranger, The Specter, Raven and other have all been in Joker's mind and soul and confirmed he is hopelessly insane. Not to mention his EKG scan in Joker: The Last Laugh. You can't fake your own brain physiology. Not if your human anyway. Maybe Batman could through force of will or post hypnotic suggestion or something but he would be the only one.

I think Joker would react the same way he did in The Demon Laughs , Rock of Ages, and Going Sane story lines when he went temporarily sane. In Going Sane he forgot about ever being the Joker, fell in love and became a kind, good man. Until Batman showed up alive. Even Batman wasn't sure if the man he was seeing used to be The Joker. ( His skin was made flesh tone by medication he had to take daily) In Rock of Ages Joker seemed very incoherent and confused and in shock. "What have I been doing with my life? I..I think I need help." In The Demon Laughs he even helped Batman stop Ras Al Ghul from committing global genocide, before his insanity returned.

So yes, Wonder Woman's lasso would restore his sanity, and he would be repentant and try to make amends. But it wouldn't have any lasting effects once the lasso came off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.