Joker Redesign Debuts in Detective Comics with Terrifying Jock Cover

• 87 results
#51 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
@Babs: This isn't the Joker. It's Grant Morrison after he heard about the DC reboot.
HAHAHAHA 
Yep, that seems about right.
#52 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi said:
Wow, that's creepy as all hell.
#53 Posted by mhanson108 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Badass!

#54 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

wicked

#55 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker is THE villan, he's an icon. Don't need changes...

#56 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

be funny if Joker is a good guy for the reboot

#57 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:
Really................a smile that looks like smeared makeup?   Never saw that before. 
Who said it was makeup....
#58 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2301 posts) - - Show Bio
@maxicere said:
Joker is THE villan, he's an icon. Don't need changes...
Well we know DC doesn't care about changing icons XD
#59 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
whats supposed to be the big change here? 
Maybe its the stubble on the chin?
#60 Posted by nobodythere (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like I was wrong when I said "DC won't reboot their titles cos they're proud of their history." No one likes change, especially when its something that's been one way for a long time. Comics and characters are always evolving and I, for one, am interested to see what DC has planned, See it the same way I do whenever a character gets a film treatment. Also not the first time DC has made a major change or rebooted their franchise. Be a good idea this time to employ someone to sit at the top and oversee every story they tell, to make sure they don't have to do this again.

#61 Posted by Ultimate_MiracleMan (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring on the Synder/Jock goodness

#62 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks a little like Health Ledger Joker but with a sharper face. 

#63 Posted by The Impersonator (5555 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker always find a way to escape.

#64 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio

damn thats a sweet cover of the Joker

#65 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I breath of good news coming out of anything related to DC in the past few days...
#66 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

What a chilling cover!

#67 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@entropy_aegis:  I think you're forgetting Dave McKean :)
I hated Arkham,yeah i hated a Morrison story. lol.
#68 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@entropy_aegis:  I think you're forgetting Dave McKean :)
Hated Arkham.
#69 Posted by AlexRRR (18 posts) - - Show Bio

creepy...

#70 Posted by GBrutality (193 posts) - - Show Bio

first of all, why of all people does the joker need a redesign? if it looks idiotic i hope the creators burn.
second, 2 issue finale? that doesn't sound good. and it sounds like it ties in with my final point. 

i agree with several people on here, and the fact dc hasn't made a point to bring it up, is beyond annoying and not too promising, but this won't matter even a little come august if everything gets rebooted. no more damian as a violent robin who actually grows on you? no more tim being so good at what he does he can just be on his own and handle shit? and worst of all, after years of being robin and then nightwing, dick finally becomes batman and that gets flushed? bullshit.
also, i read somewhere recently bruce specifically told dick that he isn't allowed to deal with the joker because that's entirely his collar. 
so. much. pointlessness.

#71 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting cover. Curious to see how he'll be drawn in the interior artwork

#72 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArtisticNeedham: Snyder/JOCK're good about continuity so I'm hoping they'll keep the bullet hole and tongue. 
#73 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@GBrutality:  
I wouldn't call this a "redesign" I feel that's a poor choice of words. If this is considered one then every artist would be responsible for "redesigning" characters. This simply Snyder/JOCK's take on the Joker for their run on Detective. Now as far as all the stories we're reading now possibly not mattering come September, completely dig what you're saying man, but that's not gonna stop me from enjoying good comics in the meantime. I might hate the new direction in September, hell, I might even like it. But the only thing I know right now is I love Snyder's Detective Comics, so I'm going to keep on doing that until he drops the ball monstrously or it stops being printed. 
#74 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think nothing beats Morrison's/Daniel's Joker, but we'll see how this goes (in theory, I wont be reading it, ****ing reboots). Awesome cover all the same.

#75 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2274 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: With DC rebooting things soon, probably, they will most likely loose both.
#76 Posted by Telcalipoca (962 posts) - - Show Bio

why redesign things if the universe is about reset?any effort to change or improve characters seems useless right now  

#77 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Telcalipoca:  
When you get down to it reading/buying anything outside of Flashpoint is pointless. But I guess I want to see how the stories I care about end. I'm hoping that stuff that sits in it's own corner like T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents/Xombi will be left untouched and continue after the reboot. I also have numbering OCD so I gotta finish the runs on the comics I'm reading until september. 
#78 Posted by NightFang (10132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi said:
Wow, that's creepy as all hell.
The only true way to portray the Joker. 
#79 Posted by Migz13 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a concept that not done before.. but what the heck. You know the saying about the  
"not broken thingy" right?

#80 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks amazing
#81 Posted by -chapel- (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice....

#82 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

it perfect
#83 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I sure hope you are using terrifying as a description and not actually thinking people will be scared by this cover. To be perfectly honest it looks like someone just splattered paint on a wall and then added bats every where.

#84 Posted by AsMadAsAHatter (30 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks creepy as hell.  Frankly at the moment I'm not a big fan of it. :/
#85 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

And the nightmares begin.

#86 Posted by Ms. Omega (4501 posts) - - Show Bio

Creepy I Like It.

#87 Posted by johnnie619 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

so if they are rebooting the dcu can we finally see batman kill joker :) lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.