Is The Joker Gay??? (Serious Question)

• 72 results
#51 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Joker is not gay or straight...he just doesn't care.

@Loki9876 said:

no, he's asexual

This.

#52 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio
@Loki9876: I think you mean Bisexual.
#53 Posted by roboadmiral (544 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say that Joker thinks things like sexual desire are beneath him. It's far too common place and mundane. Its source is too human. If he does have sex with Harley I think its probably to keep her under his thumb rather than out of any desire on his part.

#54 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would it matter? I highly doubt he is. Joker isn't about sexual orientation but rather he cares about putting on a performance and entertaining Gotham City with his twisted jokes. As for why he may seem playful to Batman it's in a jokingly manner since the two are always doing the same old dance whenever they cross paths. But like it's been said before, when he is sexual it's not genuine at all. It's only for his gain to either manipulate Harley or mess with someone's mind.

#55 Posted by Inverno (13163 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, he probably got Harley Quinn knocked up in Arkham City so there is that...

#56 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

@HomasTardy said:

We've all seen how Harley Quinn shows her affection for him almost constantly. However, why does he never act on this?

This is complicated as we saw in "The Killing Joke" how he had a girlfriend who's death may have helped him turn from simply 'The Comedian' to 'The Joker'.

The Joker's facade naturally makes his sexuality ambiguous however, this makes it even more interesting. Thanks for reading, let's see some good posts!

It is stated that the Joker loves Batman, so I'm not sure

#57 Edited by lifeofvibe (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on the writer read joker by brian azzarello and youll see what i mean

#59 Posted by DeviousBastard (136 posts) - - Show Bio

@roboadmiral: I remember seeing a scan of Joker hitting on Cheetra and he seems to have a thing for Batgirl.

#60 Posted by PunyParker (9426 posts) - - Show Bio

We've all seen how Harley Quinn shows her affection for him almost constantly. However, why does he never act on this?

This is complicated as we saw in "The Killing Joke" how he had a girlfriend who's death may have helped him turn from simply 'The Comedian' to 'The Joker'.

The Joker's facade naturally makes his sexuality ambiguous however, this makes it even more interesting. Thanks for reading, let's see some good posts!

Dude.....snap out of it.

#61 Posted by Vivke (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's gay but I also won't say he has any kind of sexual orientation. That doesn't matter when we are talking about the Joker. And I think even he doesn't care about it either. Yes, he has Harley but I don't think he's too interested in her. I'm sure he slept with her but probably as others said out of boredom. I would say it all depends on his mood. But if I have to choose bi I guess.

His fixation on Batman does give me some thoughts though. I'm not saying it's surely a sexual fixation but I'm considering it. The first person he 'loves' except himself is Batman. Ofc it's his kind of 'love' but this is the only way he can express it. Everything he does is connected to Batman even the purpose of his life is connected to him. Well people also say he sees Batman as his only friend, the only one who can understand him. Maybe. But with all his funny rants and implied gay jokes and with that New 52 I started to see it quite differently.

He's Batsexual.

Hahaha. I like this.

#62 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17827 posts) - - Show Bio

he's not Gay but the idea of having a relationship is laughable to him

If Joker wasn't Mad he and Bruce would have been Good friends

In fact they should do a Mini Alt Universe series of that, i'd read it.

BROMANCE!

#63 Posted by BatmanReturns52 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Still asexual.

#64 Edited by ShrinkageNecrosis (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's asexual and even aromantic. In fact I believe he doesn't feel any feelings at all. Joker's Supersane, he can't be described as homo sapiens. Supersane people are programmed to survive in society at all costs, even if it means to take society down. Animals have their instincts to survive, they don't have much social life or emotions. Humans have many negative feelings and emotions that can destroy person or drive insane. So if someone wants to outlive society he shouldn't have any feelings or emotions. My point is Joker's sorta like a Guardian of The Galaxy, but more active and creative. But lol I'm sure that none of the writers thought of that, and let's just say that Joker's walking PIS, CIS device without real personality, the only personality Joker can have is the writer's that's writing him.

#65 Posted by Muffin_Sangria (546 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's literally gay. The best way to describe him might be as an asexual hedonist. I do think that the flamboyant side of the Joker hasn't been explored enough in his live action portrayals though. I'd like to see the next version of him to basically be a homological drag queen.

#66 Posted by George22 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

at one point in the comics he openly flirts with batman, when batman is his captive.

#67 Posted by Jokerpoker (2946 posts) - - Show Bio

Tis very possible.

#68 Posted by DeviousBastard (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Was the Joker ever stated to be asexual?

#69 Posted by Superguy1591 (3200 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not gay or straight, he's just a in love with Batman. Batman is his only driving force in life.

#70 Posted by Superguy1591 (3200 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't want to have sex with Batman or kiss him or do anything sexual with him, he just loves him.

#71 Edited by modernww2fare (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

69 LOL

#72 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11317 posts) - - Show Bio

People should not refer to Snyder's Joker in any context because he wrote a terrible Joker. Joker isn't gay, he just doesn't have time for relationships because they aren't funny. But if you've read No Mans Land (the story within this story is always what pops into my mind when it comes to Joker) you explicitly see that Joker is straight and has a sex drive, its just very rare.

#73 Posted by SilverPool (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.