Is Joker a Mutant?

#1 Posted by aslan10000 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just curious cause if he came out of that vad of chemicals chalk-white and with green hair and a big grin, does that make him genetically altered? Or what if he was already a mutant before?

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11735 posts) - - Show Bio

.........................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. .....I'm sorry......I don't quite know where that came from

#3 Posted by aslan10000 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he could be?

#4 Posted by Croaker (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it actually altered his DNA, but it did change his body in more ways than just making him look like a clown. In Salvation Run, he states the chemicals still burn his skin.

#5 Posted by Joygirl (15379 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep hearing something about him having acidic blood too. And he's more than just crazy too... his "super-sanity" or whatever is a borderline superhuman ability. I think I'd count him as genetically altered.

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

No, his appearance and mentality were simply altered.

#7 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker isn't a mutant, but because of his abnormal history of facing death countless time has recognized him possibly being something more than being human.

#8 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

The one from the batman animated series appeared so

#9 Posted by JonSmith (3830 posts) - - Show Bio

He's possibly mutated, but when most people think of the term 'mutant', they think of people like the X-Men, who were born with said mutation. Joker was not. He was not born with any genetic aberration of any kind. When he fell into that vat of chemicals, was he genetically altered? Possibly. He was certainly cosmetically altered, but it's been shown that his hair turning green, his skin turning white happened to anyone those chemicals fell onto. I imagine his insanity comes from ingesting it, the effects of which were not shown on another subject.

#10 Edited by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

He's possibly mutated, but when most people think of the term 'mutant', they think of people like the X-Men, who were born with said mutation. Joker was not. He was not born with any genetic aberration of any kind. When he fell into that vat of chemicals, was he genetically altered? Possibly. He was certainly cosmetically altered, but it's been shown that his hair turning green, his skin turning white happened to anyone those chemicals fell onto. I imagine his insanity comes from ingesting it, the effects of which were not shown on another subject.

I believe original poster is referring to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles terminology of "mutant", with the critters, humans, even some plant species, exposed to mutagen = mutant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.