Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4241 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

is Harley Quinn used or the Joker really love her?

• 115 results
    TheOwlCaptain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the Joker actually loves Harley but doesn't really understand that feeling so he tries to kill her...

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I think he really does love her, he's just so far gone that he's completely forgotten how to express positive emotions

Vivke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't see how he loves her. Or maybe like a convinient little pet.

And also people believing he is IN LOVE with her. How could he be in love with her when the 1# most important person in his whole life has been and always will be Batman? Joker loves Batman duh. He doesn't have time and capacity for Harley. Also he rarely thinks about her.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker try to kill her because he start to love her !!! He only can love Batman :P

PhycoLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@desiderina_redhead: PhycoPaths are not soulless. In fact quite emotionally sensitive. The fact of confusing and conflicting thoughts make Phycos "act out" In jokers case he has become so use to being an outsider. And the idea that someone would die for. Goes against everything he knew or thought he knew. He's instint is to kill Harley because she clashes with his thoughts on the world and that's the whole reason he is why he is. PhycoPaths can love. But generally find it contradicts what they thought. Phyopaths don't kill for the sake of kill. They have trouble processing their emotions(:

nkrinock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The joker actually does love Harley, and as a result tries to kill her because he hates feeling emotional for others, but he does use her for his dirty work. New 52 Harley Quinn is independent on the other hand and is no longer manipulated by joker.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phycolove: @nkrinock: He used her , you think a guys like him could LoVE somoene lol, read the comics see what he has done.And Joker unlike an other genicidal Maniac Batman faces he has no clear or motive he just does without reason or meaningless ness of life. You think he would care about some girl?

Yourprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Yourprincess

Okay, I'm not too good with these things. But I think he loves her in his own way. He may seem bat sh*t crazy, but remember that he is insane. He abuses her, yes, he cares for her in his own way, very. He may abuse her, but like I said he's crazy, so he tries to show his affection. He basically has lead her on, but throughout the years, he would've killed her by now. But what's stopping him is how close he is to her now. He truly loves her in the inside, but just can't show it. He's stuck in that one place of insanity and trying to kill his only ever worst victim, Batman.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No. She's just his favorite toy. He's not capable of love.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

The only person Joker really cares about is Batman. No sarcasm.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The only person Joker really cares about is Batman. No sarcasm.

I wouldn't say care. I would say obsessed. I know it might sound like semantics but there is a difference.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Armisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I think he couldn't care less about her. He throws her life around like its a toy, but I do think he needs her in the sense to stand in for him when it puts him in danger, or when he needs to be somewhere but he also has another part of his plan to sort

Avatar image for theharlequinofhavoc
    TheHarlequinofHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Joker is a psychopath meaning he doesn't feel empathy. So I doubt he really loves Harley. And he definitely does use her.

CaramelSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the writer

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.