Injustice: Gods Among Us - Batgirl Confirmed + KILLING JOKE Joker Skin

• 73 results
Posted by G-Man (18891 posts) - - Show Bio

Last week an image was leaked and it showed Batgirl as a playable character. Of course there was the question of how legit the image was but it turns out she is going to be playable.

But that's not all.

The game will have Batgirl and already has Joker. They don't really get along considering Joker shot her back in THE KILLING JOKE and paralyzed her.

Check out the video:

What do you think? Are you going to get DLCs?

Source: YouTube

#1 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

why do all of the female characters have horrible costumes? joker's is ok but meh. just a costume.

#2 Posted by angus_lafroy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, she clearly doesn't play like Batman. She looks like she'll be a fun character!

#3 Edited by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker's skin is some nice fan service, but Batgirl doesn't look all that exciting to me. I wish they went with someone more unique, but whatever. That said, her ranged grappling hook attack looks like a delightful anti-spammer move.

Staff
#4 Posted by KRYPTON (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

Batgirl's voice is so familiar? Wait isn't that the actress that played Cassandra Cain from the Mystery of the Batwoman movie?

#5 Edited by dondasch (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing wrong with Batgirl's costume. Her playstyle looks very fun to me. May have to get the DLC

#6 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely appreciate the concept of this reveal. Ambivalent to the actual content, but it was nicely thought out.

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22976 posts) - - Show Bio

Watching Batgirl run over Joker with a motorcycle and Slingshoting him into the ground was so satisfying!

#8 Edited by traces8 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow we all know that batman is a huge part of the dc universe but he isn't the entire universe. There are a ton of dynamic characters that would be fun to fight with and would look awesome. Firestorm, Martian manhunter, dr fate, zatanna just to named a few off the top of my head. But we get another bat family acrobatic brawler. It's a superhero fighting game. I want to shoot laser beams and throw cars. Come one injustice guys I want to do that.

#9 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta admit while I am annoyed to see another Bat character in this game and all the rumors for the DLC characters coming true, I think Barbra looks good. I like the costume and fighting style.

#10 Posted by GothamRed (2553 posts) - - Show Bio

@krypton_: Well I'm pretty sure it's Kimberly Brooks, who played Kathy DeQuesne in Mystery of the Batwoman and Barbara in the Arkham Series. Cassandra Cain wasn't in Mystery of the Batwoman.

#11 Posted by Tev18 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome!!!!

#12 Posted by RoastedRay (45 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks like she plays well but her costume is to similar to Nightwing. I demand Red Hood, Martian manhunter and Zatana. I think Atom could be cool if done right.

#13 Posted by SupBatz (1851 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool. I think it's safe to say Batgirl doesn't play too much like Batman, Catwoman, or Nightwing. And the Joker skin was a really nice touch. I'd love Cass Cain and Steph Brown skins for Batgirl. But even without them this is pretty cool.

#14 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks like she plays well but her costume is to similar to Nightwing. I demand Red Hood, Martian manhunter and Zatana. I think Atom could be cool if done right.

Atom would be really interesting. It would be cool to see how they would create his move sets I do want Manhunter and Zatana too.

#15 Posted by nxt174 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

wear the fuck is reed hood?????

#16 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, she looks more fun then Batman. Wish she had a better costume though.

#17 Posted by kid Apollo (720 posts) - - Show Bio

she plays a lot better then i thought she would but i dont care for the costume. Batman's costumes are pretty cool (the second reminds me of DarkKnightReturns) and i like Nightwing's blue costume quite a bit, but Batgirls looks big and bulky. ill have to check it out in game but so far im not a fan

#18 Edited by ovidkid (11 posts) - - Show Bio

They should give batgirl three costume one for each of the different batgirls

#19 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Joker's skin is some nice fan service, but Batgirl doesn't look all that exciting to me. I wish they went with someone more unique, but whatever. That said, her ranged grappling hook attack looks like a delightful anti-spammer move.

Yeah,I'm not impressed, she's doing the Batma/Scorpion mix disappearing Ninja move from Mortal Kombat vs Dc! They've given her some speed, to hide the fact that's she plays similar to the Batman related characters iin the game. She's not a Bat Clone but she's not unique in play style overall. I guess it comes down to milking gamers for money, because this is a bad show in quality. As it stands I'm preparing myself to pay for the second season pass if there is one. Maybe there will be some characters with skillsets I might enjoy, if they release more characters.What a waste!

#20 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (531 posts) - - Show Bio

She is basically a better Batman. I loved Batman's smoke screen teleport he had in MKvDC, so im glad she got it, cause someone needed it. I was never really against Batgirl's inclusion...mostly just Barbara's inclusion, cause I prefer Stephanie Brown, but she looks pretty bad ass. I'm all for it. Which is nice, after the lame ass that was Lobo...

#21 Edited by Mrfuzzynutz (1142 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit, why did her outfit have to suck so much, she looks like she would be fun to play!

#22 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the killing Joke costume and while I don't want BatGirl in the game her special move is cool.

#24 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Her costume could be worse, this feels like an armored combination of both; New 52 Nightwing costume and her own New 52 version... gameplay on the other hand, good to know this Bat-family character is not just a batman like repeated way of fighting, they coulda gone with another character like a dakotaverse or wildstorm one but seeing that trailer, Batgirls seems quite good especially when you have both Batman and Nightwing already in the game

#25 Posted by millennium (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: will it is netherrealm studios after all their use to their female characters being almost naked so maybe having fulling dressed women is giving them a hard time

#26 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL YESSSSSZZZ Killing Joke comes to Injustice!!!!

This DLC looks awesome.

#27 Posted by EscGamer (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the dlc, I'm glad to have the Killing Joke uniform, one of Mr.J's most defining career moments costume and all. I approve of Batgirl but costume would've been better. I was hoping for more of Cassie or Steph instead but I knew that wasn't going to happen since Jason and Tim seem to not exist at all. That being said we do need more variety. Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, hell I want Black Canary, who doesn't wanna see that pretty bird. You know who would be good, Starfire I'd love to see her come out. Beastboy is also a great pick for a game because he can change to any animal imagine how epic performing combos will be to the player visually.

#28 Posted by Black_Claw (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to cripple Babs again.

#29 Posted by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow she looks fun to play. I hope the "Complete Edition" of this game is out by Christmas. I really don't want to drop the money for the game and then all the DLc as well if I can just wait until the GOTY is out.

#30 Edited by AWeekInGeekdom (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh... that narration. ANYway, a Joker skin pack? That sounds interesting. I don't really care for Lobo but I can't wait to try out my favorite Bat :D !!

Other characters that should/could show up:

Dr. Fate

Swampy

Animal Man

Poison Ivy

Darkseid

M. Manhunter

Superboy (I really want a Prime skin)

Brainiac

Heck you could also make a new story DLC, I'd love a Crisis story against the Anti-Monitor as the final villain.

#31 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1405 posts) - - Show Bio

Love jokers alt

#32 Edited by halovsmarvel (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@krypton_: It's Oracle's voice from the Arkham games and yes Kathy Duquesne from the Mystery of the Batwoman

#33 Posted by DarkWriter (31 posts) - - Show Bio

The DLC itself is pretty sweet. Killing Joke Joker is a nice skin, and Batgirl is well-executed in a way that she's not Batman with long red hair. That said, We already had more than enough Bat characters in the game. With each Gothamite that gets added, DC discredits the rest of its universe. You've got Martian Manhunter and Deadshot in the background of these levels, but they can't get into the action? No Bizarro? No Black Manta? No Black Canary? No Darkseid? Come on, team; I love Batman too, but sheesh!

#34 Posted by Black_Claw (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give credit where it's due, Batgirl does look cool to play as. Thank you for showing me that she's not a clone Netherealm, now I'm perfectly fine with Zod being in the game now that I know he's not gonna be a clone of Superman. But if Martian Manhunter isn't in the second set of DLC, there's gonna be trouble.

#35 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

Gotta admit while I am annoyed to see another Bat character in this game and all the rumors for the DLC characters coming true, I think Barbra looks good. I like the costume and fighting style.

this

#36 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm in!

#37 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

i'm in!

are you saying I can have Joker to re-enact TKJ how many times I want.

yeah that is a good reason to buy a DLC

#38 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

I'd love Cass Cain and Steph Brown skins for Batgirl.

I want to see an Oracle costume as well... wheelchair and all! :P

#39 Posted by cmaprice (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Batgirl and all, but someone like Zatanna or Martian Manhunter would have added more to the game.

Dr Manhattan, even.

#40 Edited by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool but I'm still extremely disappoint with this DLC run so far. Next had better be a cool character.

#41 Posted by SynCig (642 posts) - - Show Bio

People complain about too many Bat characters and then demand Red Hood... lol. Oh well. Batgirl looks like she will be fun to play but that costume is terrible.

#42 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad she has a different playstyle from Batman since that gives me hope for Zod but her costume and the way she plays seem awfully unappealing to me. The only thing that could redeem her would be a Cass Cain skin.

#43 Posted by cmaprice (817 posts) - - Show Bio

Skins for Batgirl should be:

Classic

N52

Cassie

Steph

Batwoman

#44 Posted by ThomasElliot (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmaprice said:

I like Batgirl and all, but someone like Zatanna or Martian Manhunter would have added more to the game.

Dr Manhattan, even.

*cough*CaptainAtom*cough*

#45 Edited by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have picked either blue or black for the costume. They really clash together.

#46 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@syncig said:

People complain about too many Bat characters and then demand Red Hood... lol. Oh well. Batgirl looks like she will be fun to play but that costume is terrible.

lol so true.

#47 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to anger management!

#48 Posted by BR_Havoc (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like she plays like Smoke from MK 9. Still not really a fan of the idea to add Batgirl but she could be fun to be......anyways I need to keep positive or I will be pissed that I bought the season pass.

#49 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

The hell is manhunter?

#50 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondasch said:

Nothing wrong with Batgirl's costume. Her playstyle looks very fun to me. May have to get the DLC

Agreed....Boon owned the haters lmao...she's NOTHING like Batman clearly...can't wait to play her and she looks boss!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.