Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4234 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

I think Heith Ledger got his Joker from the Crow!!!

TGalinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By TGalinsky

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Agent Buttons

Ok
    Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lyrad

I think that you didn't really put much thought in to this thread.... 

As you obviously believe that the late Heath Ledger was not only a quality actor, but also a qualified costume designer.    *sigh*
    skprgb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By skprgb

ridiculous!!!

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

maybe the makeup was a tad bit based on crow. but other than that nawwwwwww

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TazzMission

makeup wise yes charachter wise no
    Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lyrad

I don't understand..... Make up wise?  The joker wears white make up so does The Crow.  How is that a rip of of the Crow?   The Crow has long black lines running over his his..... The Joker has bright red lips and round make up around his eyes.  This thread is just stupid.
    TGalinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TGalinsky

They both have the same hair and the same smile painted on them

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

There are some minor similarities, but the Crow's face paint was copied from one half of the famous opera masks of "Comedy and Tragedy I believe."

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dementedtheclown

He "studied" Brandon Lee's Performance In The Crow, And Died Making This Movie, As Did Brandon In His.
     But I Didnt Like This Joker. I Call Him The Butt-F*** Mountain Joker. Jack Nicholson FTW!

You Know, Heath Ledger Pulled The Disappearing Pencil Trick In Brokeback Mountain, Too..... Or So I've Heard.
    May He Rest In Peace

Also Its Not Fair Comparing Him To Brandon Lee, Just Because He Died. At Least Brandon Lee Didn't O.D.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By G'bandit

-_____________________- 

Dude they just didn't want the whole "drop in a tub of acid" thing happening all over again. They figure the purpose of that is just to get the smile, so they made the scars instead. The paint is based on the Joker nothing else. They just wanted a clown, and what do clowns do??? Clown paint their faces. It doesn't take a genius to figure that. Not to mention that Heath was just the actor behind it he gave it life with his acting, the rest were the costume designers and make up artist.

Joker's paint is red black and white and the hair is green, if it was based on something it was on the comic's Joker nothing else, specially not  in the Crow which is a TOTAL different character.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By G'bandit
    @dementedtheclown said:

" He "studied" Brandon Lee's Performance In The Crow, And Died Making This Movie, As Did Brandon In His.  But I Didnt Like This Joker. I Call Him The Butt-F*** Mountain Joker. Jack Nicholson FTW!    You Know, Heath Ledger Pulled The Disappearing Pencil Trick In Brokeback Mountain, Too..... Or So I've Heard. May He Rest In Peace  Also Its Not Fair Comparing Him To Brandon Lee, Just Because He Died. At Least Brandon Lee Didn't O.D. "

I would like to know where does it says that he studied the Crow and in what exactly does a undead--goth-- martial artist (The Crow) is similar to a psychotic--trigger happy--killer clown (The Joker) 

By the way the dark knight was already done when Heath died and he was actually already making another movie. Heath had problems sleeping, he had too much energy and that is incredibly annoying not to be able to sleep. I suffer from insomnia myself. He was not just some junkie, he actually had problems.

Brandon Lee did not just die he was killed in the set by a live bullet.
    Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dementedtheclown

1) Read It Somewhere, Could've Just Been A Rumor. 

2) Autopsy Report "Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine." It states definitively: "We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications." 

3) Knew That, Who Has Heard Of The Lee Family Curse? lol Weather Its Real Or Not.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By G'bandit

1) It was a rumor, I read it also and is not true because Heath said that he was forming the character as a psychopath. Crow is just an avenger.

2) Heath's own words:

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night. ... I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." 

It was stress and Insomnia. Not that he liked to drug-up just for fun. I know insomnia and is not fun at all... It sucks..

3) Its BS because Shannon Lee (The daughter of Bruce and sister to Brandon) is an actress, singer and dancer. And she still alive. I've always say they were just jealous of him and they decided to kill him.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stormultt

i miss heath ledger, especially from brokeback mountain *tear*
    TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TazzMission
    @Lyrad said:
    "I don't understand..... Make up wise?  The joker wears white make up so does The Crow.  How is that a rip of of the Crow?   The Crow has long black lines running over his his..... The Joker has bright red lips and round make up around his eyes.  This thread is just stupid. "

what i mean is both have similar white make up but diffrent visuals like you stated. im not calling it a rip off im just saying theres a  simularitie to the joker charachter that looks like the crow. i think heaths joker is truley one of the best the op ( orginal poster) called it a rip off
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By johnny_spam

I'm not seeing it. I read  he based his performance on Sid Vicious and Alex De Large from A Clockwork Orange.

Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lyrad
    @TazzMission said:
    "@Lyrad said:
    "I don't understand..... Make up wise?  The joker wears white make up so does The Crow.  How is that a rip of of the Crow?   The Crow has long black lines running over his his..... The Joker has bright red lips and round make up around his eyes.  This thread is just stupid. "
    what i mean is both have similar white make up but diffrent visuals like you stated. im not calling it a rip off im just saying theres a  simularitie to the joker charachter that looks like the crow. i think heaths joker is truley one of the best the op ( orginal poster) called it a rip off "

I suppose.  
    But the only similarity I see is the white face and long hair. Thats it. 

@G'bandit
    said:
    "1) It was a rumor, I read it also and is not true because Heath said that he was forming the character as a psychopath. Crow is just an avenger.  2) Heath's own words: "Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night. ... I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."     It was stress and Insomnia. Not that he liked to drug-up just for fun. I know insomnia and is not fun at all... It sucks.. 3) Its BS because Shannon Lee (The daughter of Bruce and sister to Brandon) is an actress, singer and dancer. And she still alive. I've always say they were just jealous of him and they decided to kill him. "

And yes G'Bandit.  I totally agree with everything you have said. Good call.   I'm also an insomniac.  It's actually 2:55am right now in the UK as I'm typing this on my laptop. And I'm up for work at 6:30am. Top one!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm happy for you Brandon Lee and i'mma let you finish but Heath Ledger had the best death of all time.

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20  Edited By likalaruku

Once upon a time, there was a bad little boy named Ledgoker. He got his violent streek from his father; The Crow, & from his mother; Beetlejuice, came his sence of humor. Sadly, he did not inherit their voices or good looks, & so he turned to crime.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By VaizD

I'm going to be the first to point out that OP can't spell Heath, thereby rendering this topic stupid.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@Lyrad said:
    " I think that you didn't really put much thought in to this thread....  As you obviously believe that the late Heath Ledger was not only a quality actor, but also a qualified costume designer.    *sigh* "
    i think you mean makeup artist.... 

and i agree, if your going to make a thread like this put some real thought into it please
    BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BIackFlash
    @johnny spam said:
    "

I'm not seeing it. I read  he based his performance on Sid Vicious and Alex De Large from A Clockwork Orange.

"
    a mix of Alan Moore's Killing Joke and Frank Miller's work IMO
    Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lyrad
    @.Mistress Redhead. said:
    " @Lyrad said:
    " I think that you didn't really put much thought in to this thread....  As you obviously believe that the late Heath Ledger was not only a quality actor, but also a qualified costume designer.    *sigh* "
    i think you mean makeup artist....   and i agree, if your going to make a thread like this put some real thought into it please "

Haharr!     I stand corrected........   You got the idea though!
    TGalinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TGalinsky
    @dementedtheclown: i wasn't comparing them because he died. It has nothing to do with it, your the one who thinks that it's all about death
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By goldenkey

If anything, the Crow looks like the Joker, not the other way around. 
    grammygutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By grammygutter
    @TGalinsky: These crows make good jokes
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

A bit, but that's not what defines Heath Ledger's portrayal of the character (any more than Steve Borden wearing the outfit in WCW and TNA Wrestling).

TGalinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TGalinsky
    @Vance Astro: what about michael jackson lol
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By MysterioMaximus

If anything, they (visually) ripped off Beetlejuice for this Joker.
    TGalinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TGalinsky
    @MysterioMaximus: holy @#$%
    modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

If anything, they (visually) ripped off Beetlejuice for this Joker.

Beetlejuice and The Crow's child=The Joker

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.