how to get rid of the joker

#1 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

kill him, make him a black lantern, make him a villain of the green lantern corps comics, big story arc involving the human lanterns and batman to defeat a super powered joker, indigo tribe comes and takes him away to be one of them.

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Like this!!!

#3 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

Just use a bullet. The End.

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

or this!

#5 Edited by k4tzm4n (36414 posts) - - Show Bio

The bat-jail.  Batman has the space, resources and manpower to easily  incarcerate a handful of individuals he believes are beyond redemption.

Staff Online
#6 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

How to get rid of The Punisher.

Like this

#7 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5290 posts) - - Show Bio

Let Superman do what Sentry did to Ares.

Let Diana do what she did to Maxwell Lord.

Let that Bus Driver who uppercut that girl have a go with him.

Transport him to Ser Gregor's house.

Let him star in the last adaptation of Twilight, thus losing his credibility, and fan-base, thus, being killed off as per request of fans.

Let Loeb handle his career.

Force him to watch re-runs of The Real Housewives of Jersey and Jersey Shore repeatedly until he is driven sane.

Just a few ideas.

#8 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheJokerha:

This works!

#9 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Be rival criminal

2) Hire Deadshot

3) ???

4) Profit!

#10 Edited by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: Yep, it sure does. It works for Joker to bitch slap the little brat and teach him a lesson. Joker is a masochist so hitting him just makes him laugh. Joker was letting the little idiot hit him so he could bleed his toxic blood on him. Joker can escape being tied up as well as Batman. And my favorite part? Where Joker tells him "You even brought your own crowbar." Damion got a serious beating and continued the wonderful tradition of "Robin: The Boy Hostage"

#11 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to get rid of Joker...

#12 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: Me either! The entire DCU would be pointless with out him. Might as well shut down the company and stop publishing

#13 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

One way or the other!

#14 Edited by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: Two Face eventually lost that conflict. Joker got the last laugh.

Godzilla is Joker's friend and ally! Which makes Joker even more invincible! Joker can never be killed or gotten rid of. He always comes back. Like Solomon Grundy.

Because Joker's greatest super power is: MERCHANDISING! As long as he makes a fortune for DC, he is can not be killed..

As it says of The Joker in the end of Azzereloo's graphic novel Joker

"A disease. One that has been around longer than Gotham. The city infected.A disease older than any city. Hell, it probably built the first one.There will ALWAYS be a Joker. Because there is no cure. No cure at all. Just a Batman."

#15 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

that is why my idea works so well, it provides DC with a multi series event that can last for a few months. he isn't killed and isn't put in a prison that he can escape. it lets DC shelve the joker and bring him out for when its special.

#16 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunhawk: In theory, yes. There is nothing in your proposal that couldn't be made to work.

But I'd hate to see Joker treated like just one of the mindless thralls like that. During The White Angel's first appearance he said to Joker. "You're the exception." And Joker replied. "Yes, I always am."

And that's a truth that is persistent in many Joker stories. Especially when it comes to cosmic or magical/ spiritual aspects. I's almost like some higher power makes The Joker the way he is and keeps him going cause he serves some purpose. Perhaps Joker has to be so Batman can exist. To balance each other out.

I think Joker would be immune to the Indigo tribes power. Just like he was to The Specter's powers, Raven's powers, resistance and eventually immune to Martian Headhunter's mind powers, and that angel that was working with the JLA for a time. ( I forgot the angels name.)

Joker was noticeably absent during The Blackest Night story line. Possibly because he would end up with a green lantern ring if you think about it. His imagination and will power are second to none.

So yes, it could work, But it would take away a lot of what makes The Joker work, in my opinion. Unless he was faking it and planning on working against The Indigo tribe from with in. Working to restore all the lunatics to their true selves. THAT could be an interesting twist.

And as I said, I don't want to get rid of The Joker, and neither do a lot of other fans.

#17 Posted by TheCannon (17910 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

Like this!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.