How did the joker get his scars?

#1 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont mean in the dark knight, i mean in the comics. like the scars from Batman R.I.P.

#2 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Those he did himself. After He thought Batman shot him, It was a cop possing as Batman. Joker thought he had to be a more extreme Joker to Match this more extreme Batman. so he cut his lips and tounge like a snake.
 if you think of it like this and the Joker explains it like this too. The eraly Joker was The man who laughs Joker, Then there was the Killing Joke Joker, and now There is the Clown at Mid-night Joker. a more dangours Joker each time. 
hope that helps
#3 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio
@KenTheProfile:  
yes thank you so much! 

do you know why he doesnt have the scars anymore?
#4 Edited by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

my thought would be because it was before final criss that when superman wised for the world they way it was before he went back too.
#5 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

he still has them, at least he did in Action Comics this month, could be an artist thing

#6 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: What issue # of Action comics was that, please? I don't see any recent Action comics with Joker on the cover.
#7 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJokerha: he wasn't on the cover but it was #897
#8 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: Thank you, just ordered myself a copy.
I wish i could get a pull subscription service that would get all his appearances for me. I'm always playing catch up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.