Heaths Joker design. Rip off from The Crow?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheManOfSteel456 (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone ELSE no one else noticed how they look so smiliar? Hair, makeup, the scars for Joker even look like The Crow villains!

#2 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Sort of, although the Crow might have been inspired by an older Joker design.

#3 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" Sort of, although the Crow might have been inspired by an older Joker design. "
Nope, he was inspired by the old harlequin masks. 
#4 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

It is like Beetlejuice and The Crow had a baby

#5 Posted by Ferro Vida (34676 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I did notice similarities. Even if they are linked, I would call it homage before I called it a rip off.

#6 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't call it a homage or a rip off....if you look for similarities in something then you're going to find them

#7 Posted by Undergroundgod (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by RiddlingGambit (204 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" Sort of, although the Crow might have been inspired by an older Joker design. "
Nope. The Crow is not at all inspired by Joker. The guy who made the Crow was inspired by 3 of his favorite musicians (Iggy Pop, Peter Murphy, Ian Curtis), some Gothic imagery from a poem, & old 'The Cure' lyrics ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crow citations are all there). Not to sound rude I'm a little sick of how people try to act like Joker inspired everything. It makes sense Heath's Joker would be compared to the Crow though as that Joker has a grunge-rock look.... with the uncharacteristic long hair & all. 
#9 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#10 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I think modern Joker has much more in common with classic Joker than with the Crow. That's pretty close to how comic Joker would look as a human.
#11 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheManOfSteel456: Everything I've seen you post on here has been ridiculous and wrong.
#12 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny thing: when The Crow came out, everyone said Crow stole his makeup from the wrestler, Sting.

Sting was cool with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.