Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4198 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Has the name Jack Napier been used in any of the comics?

NetSpiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NetSpiker

Jack Napier was used as Joker's original name in the 1989 Batman movie and presumably in the movie adaptation comic. Has it ever been used in any other comics?

Joker's page lists other aliases including Jack White, Joe White, Melvin White and Joe Kerr. Which comics are they from?

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Sydpart2

Just random comics over the years. I remember Joseph Kerr was in going sane, but that's the only specific one I can recall. But Napier was only used in the movie and comic adp. it might have been used from time to time after batman 89 as a nod to the film. I know that he was called Jack in lovers and madmen...jack comes up a lot.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By nightwing91

It was also used in the animated series.And the return of hush mentioned his name was Jack but no mention being made of a last name.And the story  On a Beautiful Summers Day used the last name of Napier.

Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Misterwizz

I guess that means it has been used!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Misterwizz said:
    " I guess that means it has been used! "
    Really?  So far there's a lot of references to Jack without the Napier... but Jack could be a generic term like Bud or Guy.  Which are both also names.   

@nightwing91 said:
    "And the story 'On a Beautiful Summers Day' used the last name of Napier. "
    Don't suppose they used the name Jack as well, though?
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By nightwing91
    @xerox-kitty: No just the name Napier in one short story, and another used the name Jack,but not together.But the stories are from The Further Adventures of the Joker, that I'm pretty certain is not cannon, cause one of the story had the joker being Leslie Thompkins son or something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.