has jokers name ever been said

#1 Posted by 098765432113579 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to know
#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

in canon no.

#3 Posted by Paranormal_Life (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. A few times, but ever since the newer movies they claimed that the name he used to use was an alias. His name was Joseph Kerr. Joe Kerr. They said in it the Knigthfall story arc when Joker was escaping from Arkham. And a few times before that. In a flash back issue where it shows what happened to the Joker's wife after he fell into the chemicals in the Red Hood costume (the chemicals that made him Joker) she calls him Joe. Then they started claiming that Jack Napier was his name. Then they claimed that they were all just aliases.

#4 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack White is an infamous alias of him, but why do you want to know his identity? I hope we never find out.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

jack napier was his real name in the tim burton movie and animated series

#6 Posted by Paranormal_Life (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I made a mistake. In the flashback his wife Jeannie calls him Jack. Issue 54 of Batman: Gotham Knights. 

#7 Posted by Edamame (27948 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. He is called Thomas Aquinas. 

#8 Posted by spider-pig23 (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I believe he is referred to as "The Joker"...

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@spider-pig23 said:
" Yes. I believe he is referred to as "The Joker"... "
Clever.
#10 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

he has given several aliases, non of which can be assumed as real.
Joe Kerr is a fake name
Jack Napier is non canon

so is the billions of others, his real name is still unknown, and should stay that way

#11 Posted by Edamame (27948 posts) - - Show Bio
@spider-pig23 said:
" Yes. I believe he is referred to as "The Joker"... "
lol
#12 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Moore says Jack Napier and that's his name

#13 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" in canon no. "
             I don't even think he has a real name other then Joker.
#14 Edited by likalaruku (759 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Napier is a for-real last name & it's a pun on jackanape, it would be as clever a name as Harley's, but he has no canon "every man" name, but damn if he doesn't have more nicknames than anyone. In Lovers & Madmen, they stuck with Jack, but gave him no last name. 

I guess if he somehow managed to destroy all records of his past (like he conviniently has no living friends, relatives, or acquaintances  who can identify him), then there wouldn't be any harm in giving him that name for good.

#15 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

don't want to ever find out his name.....it would ruin the character.

#16 Edited by xxSadisticSmilexx (61 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923 said:

" Alan Moore says Jack Napier and that's his name "

Ummm, when has Alan Moore ever said that?  The Killing Joke, which was written in 1988, excisted before Tim Burton's Batman, where the Joker first received the name Jack Napier.  As a matter of fact, the name Jack Napier is created through the use of the surname of actor Alan Napier, who had played Alfred in the 1960s series, and the first name of Jack Nicholson.
#17 Posted by Croaker (296 posts) - - Show Bio

They didn't even mention his name in Killing Joke..

#18 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

And if they did, the Joker's origin in the Killing Joke is deliberately ambiguous. 

"Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another. If I'm to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

#19 Posted by The_Jokes_On_You (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm totally cool with his first name being Jack. In fact, it kinda suits him. But I could give a rat's a** over what his last name is.

#20 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

His most used alias is Joe Kerr

#21 Posted by Edamame (27948 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker´s real name is Anonymous. 

#22 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

In some adaptations his real mane was Jack Napier.
#23 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone wrote the Justice League episode "Eclipsed" under the name "Joseph Kerr".  I wonder whose pseudonym that is?

#24 Posted by jdkornuta (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, in Batman The Animated Series in "Dreams in Darkness" they call The Joker Jack Napier.... And I thought that show was canon....

#25 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

His real name's either Jack Napier or Joseph Kerr.

#26 Edited by RozaTheKiller (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@video_martian: "Jack" was confirmed in Batman Confidential, but the Joker still has no last name. Napier was a clever faux name, borrowed by reversing Melvin Reipan's last name & as a pun on Jackanape.

#27 Posted by GustavoBurciaga1 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I know his real name. It all makes sense now. Joker hasn't been around for 75 years only roughly 74. in fact he only appeared in Batman Issue 1 not Detective Comics 27 yet they are still saying that he's been around for as long as the Dark Knight himself. So it's obvious who he really is. Let's go back to the Bat's first villain. Alfred Stryker. The man fell into a chemical, acidic tub and knowing Batman's no killing policy means he had to of survived. Know anyone else who fell into a chemical tub? The Red Hood leader who is thought of being the Joker. So would it make sense that Alfred Stryker is the Joker's real name?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.