Hamill/Nicholson/Ledger

#1 Posted by Jokerette (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the best Joker?

I love Mark Hamill, his voice is fantastic, and he does a wonderfully wicked laughter too. Jack Nicholson rocks! He was great, maybe a little chubby for the Joker. And short, too. I don't like Heath. Maybe he's Joker inside, huh? But... Mistah J is a sharp dressed killer, not a scarred freak. Appearance is all to him. And where is his legendary grin?

#2 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

The best could easily be said to be Mark, but he never had to wear the suit. Jack was great too, and the grin was excellent, I think he really captured the essence of Jokerdom. I'm worried that Heath will be a disappointment, but will withhold judgment until the movie is released, but you forgot an important, and great Joker,

Cesar Romero

#3 Posted by Punchinello (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamil for the best videogame/cartoon Joker; but Heatho is at the top of my list. =) Absolutely P-E-R-F-E-CT. RIP, mate.

#4 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone got a pic of heath as a joker?

#5 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Luke Moonwalker (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack Nicholson is one of my favorite actors and was arguably the best Joker, mark hamill had the best joker voice hands down, but my hope is that Heath ledger will be the best. Until we see the movie though, Jack is on the top of the list. Romero was good, but that show was godawful, he was the only good part.

#7 Posted by Xaon (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont kill me, but i dont really like jacks joker that much. I think mark hamill has the best voice and laugh for the joker. I have my fingers crossed for heath to have the best. I like what ive seen so far.

#8 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping Heath can really redefine Joker and make him into the kind of psycho capable of plots like "The Killing Joke"...

#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark hamill had the perfect voice for the joker

Although I haven't seen the dark knight, I'm having great hopes for Ledger to bring the psycho and crazy part of the joker instead of just the comedy part.

In my opinion the best perfomance of Joker was in the movie of batman beyond "the return of the joker" it had the perfect balance of of crazyness, comedy and brains to bring the most awesome joker on other media yet

#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Xaon says:

"Dont kill me, but i dont really like jacks joker that much. I think mark hamill has the best voice and laugh for the joker. I have my fingers crossed for heath to have the best. I like what ive seen so far."

i think heath's gonna be terrible, judging from the previews

#11 Posted by Darth Fett (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Leager was the BEST JOKER There is there best there was the best there ever be

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Darth Fett said:
"Heath Leager was the BEST JOKER There is there best there was the best there ever be"
#13 Posted by jokerman (42 posts) - - Show Bio

there all good i dont rally like mark hamill, heath ledger is the best!

#14 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger was born to be the Joker.

#15 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger. EPIC WIN.

#16 Posted by mateus_ds (8 posts) - - Show Bio

heath is the sociopathic killer at it's core. he doesnt have all the trappings jack had to deal with but pulled off an entertaining chaotic ride.
the thing with jack is he had very little to work with nobody knew of the joker back then, jack defined it.
mark is the joker's voice and flair, its too bad he doesnt act or hed be it spot on.

my fave so far is also heath, but thats a no brainer i guess. with all the new media coming out, people now want that sociopath with the scars who just ad libs and wings it all till the punch line. the true stand up...joker.

#17 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"

Cesar Romero"

I still say he's the best.
#18 Posted by NightFang (9959 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Nicholson but Ledger was beter.

#19 Edited by kenshiroo (920 posts) - - Show Bio

The three actors are excellent (for whom are no longer with us respectively), as good as I think are the three Jokers. ; )

#20 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10038 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked Burton movies, but i liked Jack, to bad it was him as a clown. 
Hamill is the best voice, but Heath remmeber me why i loved the character.

#21 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicholson wins.

#22 Posted by sasarai (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Heath Ledger but I must say that Mark Hamill is algo great

#23 Edited by damyria990 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamill will always be the best Joker in my eyes,but the other two did well. Jack's version held the funny and the origin story well,but Heath killer sociopath that we see in some of the darker story lines of Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.