Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4197 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Glad for new voices

Avatar image for clayfacetheterror
    ClayfaceTheTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ClayfaceTheTerror

I was watching Batman: Under The Red Hood and I realized, I'm REALLY glad they didn't get Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy to do the voices of Batman and Joker in the movie. I mean I love their voices for the characters but it was great hearing some new voices doing the parts!
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By johnny_spam

It's always nice hearing the characters speak but I think most forget that they are open for interpretation and only prefer Conroy and Hamil I thought that was brilliant when I John Dimaggio as Joker it very much sounds how a sinister Joker would be in animation not really playful but people tend to forget most of the time he is not suppose to be funny and playful but scary. 

Avatar image for xxsadisticsmilexx
    xxSadisticSmilexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xxSadisticSmilexx

It was nice hearing new people do the voices and I agree with what Johnny had to say as well.  I often get so wrapped up in my love for the voices of Conroy and Hamil I almost dread hearing new talent.  But I do have to disagree with what is said about Hamil being playful and funny, to me, it honestly feel that the voice Hamil uses is in it's own way terrifying.  If I was a victim, personally, I would be scared way more by that voice then Dimaggio's.  Hearing some one sounding more almost jolly is more psychologically destructive then some one with a low voice.  I mean, I would just kind of expect a sinister guy to have that kind of generic villainous voice.  The more I write this I am realizing I am doing a terrible idea explaining. 

Either way I did love Dimaggio's take, however, didn't care much for Bruce Greenwood.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The Lobster

I have to agree, I totally despise the fanboys who constantly whine and say nothing but..."Where's Kevin Conroy? Where's Mark Hamill? No Conroy or Hamill this sucks!!!"....It get's annoying after awhile. 

I for one loved Bruce Greenwood and John Dimaggio as Batman and Joker. In fact I'd go as far to say that I like Bruce Greenwood's voice just a tad bit more then Kevin Conroy's. Mark Hamill has still yet to be topped. 

It bugs me how some people can't accept change and ONLY want Kevin Conroy or Mark Hamill to voice Batman and Joker. Don't they stop and think think that if Kevin was the ONLY voice for Batman that we'd eventually get sick of it? Then What? It's like eating nothing but steak over and over again eventually you'd get sick of it and want something else, the same goes with voice actors....if you get nothing but Kevin Conroy voicing Batman you'd eventually get sick of it. 

I too enjoy when they hire OTHER actors to play Batman and Joker.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Primmaster64

John did an awesome Joker but Greenwood not much of a batman.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RedK
    @Primmaster64:  your going to have to get use to Greenwood, i think he's supposed to be Batman in the Young Justice cartoon
    Avatar image for the_jokes_on_you
    The_Jokes_On_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Jokes_On_You
    @xxSadisticSmilexx said:
    "It was nice hearing new people do the voices and I agree with what Johnny had to say as well.  I often get so wrapped up in my love for the voices of Conroy and Hamil I almost dread hearing new talent.  But I do have to disagree with what is said about Hamil being playful and funny, to me, it honestly feel that the voice Hamil uses is in it's own way terrifying.  If I was a victim, personally, I would be scared way more by that voice then Dimaggio's.  Hearing some one sounding more almost jolly is more psychologically destructive then some one with a low voice.  I mean, I would just kind of expect a sinister guy to have that kind of generic villainous voice.  The more I write this I am realizing I am doing a terrible idea explaining.  Either way I did love Dimaggio's take, however, didn't care much for Bruce Greenwood. "

No your're not. I totally understand your logic.
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Man of Lengend

I thought they both did a great job!!!  jason ackles and NPH did great too

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RedK said:
    " @Primmaster64:  your going to have to get use to Greenwood, i think he's supposed to be Batman in the Young Justice cartoon "
    I guess...but man I hope Jason appeara too.
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RedK
    @Primmaster64:  unfortunately I don't think he will since their using Dick as Robin instead of Tim, but this is on earth-16 so they could change it
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RedK: Since its a different universe  he might appear.
    Bopper Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bopper Girl

How about Kari Wahlgren as Harley Quinn or catwoman and grey delisle as poison ivy! 
    and Douglas Henshall as the mad hatter.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 138

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i like greenwoods batman but the john dimaggio wasnt that good as joker in my opinion. he wasnt bad though. much better than neil patrick harris nightwing (shudders)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.