Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4198 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Flashpoint's Joker is a pedophile??? maybe but maybe not.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By KenTheProfile

Hello everyone, MY love to you all, 

Much has been said about who the Joker is in the Flashpoint time line. Is Bruce Wayne, Martha Wayne or Dr.Hurt?  Well I find that intresting I found another part of the Joker more so.  
    That is the Joker being a Killer pedophile. no one not writing the book will know the truth until July 6 but I am willing to bet that it's not the case. 
    For those of you who have not seen the page that lead to this in short it shows the Joker standing before a scared little boy and girl suggesting they play family. 
    now I can totally see the pedo-overtones in this. however I think it is more likely that Joker is using a play thing for his own twisted purpose.  Like he has done with the joybuzzer ect. 
    or the other idea I have is that the writers want us think The Joker is a Pedophila. i don't know. i just think there not enough to say about it. any thoughts?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Does anyone have a scan of the scene the OP mentioned? 

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @InnerVenom123
    here you go  

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @KenTheProfile said:
    @InnerVenom123
    here you go  

No Caption Provided
    ...... He's got Ledger hair. Lol.
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @InnerVenom123

I yes he does but were are the blond root! ha. lol
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I thought the same thing, but I'm willing to wait and see. I would be rather irritated if this be the case. Toy Man, Mad Hatter... they fit the bill and, when they revealed that they were pedophiles, I was not surprised. But this would really annoy me. It doesn't fit the Joker's MO.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By MrUnknown

What would it make him if he wanted to be the baby?

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @JediXMan

I would be okay with it if the explain it some how like if this Joker is Bruce Waynehe is trying to ruin other people's childhoods. 
    but over all just another crime for the most evil in comics. so in ive word Pedo-Joker :Muh
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Pokeysteve
    @JediXMan said:
    I thought the same thing, but I'm willing to wait and see. I would be rather irritated if this be the case. Toy Man, Mad Hatter... they fit the bill and, when they revealed that they were pedophiles, I was not surprised. But this would really annoy me. It doesn't fit the Joker's MO.
    "Surprising" Fits the Joker pretty well I think =D
    bigpicnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bigpicnic

@KenTheProfile: Are they implying the joker is a murderous pedophile? I can't imagine what else they'd expect us to draw from this?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iLLituracy

Joker's not a pedophile and I doubt the fact that the past was changed would change that.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @MrUnknown

if you really want to know he be an infantalist ( may not be spelled right). 

but to go with your idea maybe that's the point the next issue Batman shows up and the kids are just looking at the grown man in a diper.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    Joker's not a pedophile and I doubt the fact that the past was changed would change that.
    Some things changed. Batman (Bruce) played a role in making the Joker. Now this version of Batman is very different, so in theory it could happen, but I would not be happy.
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @bigpicnic

maybe but I am really leaning to it being a false flag. a way to scare the reader for a few months.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By MrUnknown
    @KenTheProfile: Well it could be either of the three. Though I doubt mommy XD
    I suppose the Joker would be the opposite of whatever Thomas Wayne as Batman represents, so it makes sense he won't be the same because he doesn't need to push Batman into becoming a killer. Even if it is pedophile, it will only last for the mini-series, so it's not a big deal.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iLLituracy
    @JediXMan said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    Some things changed. Batman (Bruce) played a role in making the Joker. Now this version of Batman is very different, so in theory it could happen, but I would not be happy.
    Granted, but if we're talking about the same guy becoming the Joker I don't see how he would pick up pedophilia. Theoretically it's possible, but I doubt it. I feel like they just added pedophilia to the list to be edgy and make the Joker a sicker person.
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @iLLituracy

that's the bigger part of the thing. the new book will tell who the joker is in that world.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    @JediXMan said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    Granted, but if we're talking about the same guy becoming the Joker I don't see how he would pick up pedophilia. Theoretically it's possible, but I doubt it. I feel like they just added pedophilia to the list to be edgy and make the Joker a sicker person.
    Theoretically, yeah. But I wouldn't be happy with it. 

Scarecrow I could see becoming pedophile over Joker, only because of his desire to conjure new ways to cause fear in others.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iLLituracy
    @KenTheProfile said:
    @iLLituracy:  that's the bigger part of the thing. the new book will tell who the joker is in that world.
    Sounds lame. Glad I didn't pick it up.  

@JediXMan said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    @JediXMan said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    Theoretically, yeah. But I wouldn't be happy with it.   Scarecrow I could see becoming pedophile over Joker, only because of his desire to conjure new ways to cause fear in others.
    Agreed.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Why not, he's been everything else criminally under the sun. Its not like it would be much of a stretch.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @Nova`Prime`
    personally more i think about the more it like it Joker so go with it.
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @aztek the lost
    I never said anything waqs wrong with it. Just a little conversation starter, untill the truth comes out.
    JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By JairamGanpat

The man has done worse, I don't consider the idea impossible at all. Also, didn't he lose his family in Moore's story? Maybe the writers are playing off of that in some way...

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @JairamGanpat
    here is the thing this joker is not the same person as nornal Joker. 
    it's possible 3 people Bruce Wayne, Martha Wayne or Alfred.
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sydpart2
    @KenTheProfile said:
    @JairamGanpat: here is the thing this joker is not the same person as nornal Joker. it's possible 3 people Bruce Wayne, Martha Wayne or Alfred.
    Bruce seems most likely otherwise it seems like Thomas would have killed whoever the Joker is unless it was one of those three and I think Alfred is a stretch at best. Martha would be arguably as interesting but something just tells me that Bruce would be it. As far as pedophilla goes...this universe might be a different set of circumstances but I've always held that the Joker wouldn't rape someone or commit pedo acts. Not because it's wrong, or to low for him, but because you dehumanize rapists in a different way than you do a murderer. We look at rapists as pathetic and the like, and Joker wants to prove that we're all like him so being looked on as pathetic wouldn't help that. But the idea that this is a different person could leave that open for change.
    Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Last_Guardian

I didn't think "pedophile" at all when I read this last panel.  It's just creepy Joker being creepy Joker...

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By KRYPTON

We'll have to wait and see what happens

monty19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By monty19

I think it would be a bit rubbish if the writers played the "pedo" card. Am sure the writers are just trying to show the child/playful side of the joker. I don't know if you saw Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, were the Joker and Harley kidnapped Robin (Tim Drake) to created a mini joker. Am sure the writer will chose a similar story like that than say that the Joker is a pedo.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By katanalauncher

Joker doesn't have any sexuality, he does whatever he think is funny. 
    If molesting and raping is funny then he'd do it.

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to me the only thing that says pedophile is the smile, and that odd pause when talking about mommy. if that smile had been drawn any other way i would think the joker was just bein the same old joker, but with the smile it is creepy as hell.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Hit_Monkey

This Joker is not Bruce Wayne, please... Also why couldn't he be a pedophile? A mass murderer, a mass torturer and terrorist but pedo, oh no! That's far too far.  As someone said earlier Joker seems to indulge in any crime as long as it's a horrendous attack on another people. So I don't think raping a couple of kids is much of a stretch.  Is the Joker not meant to be the worst example of humanity? If that's the case, why draw a morality line? At the end of the day Joker is a sick, evil monster with no redeeming quality's at all.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By The Lobster
    @Hit_Monkey: I'm willing to bet 10 bucks that Joker isn't Bruce Wayne, but Martha Wayne. Think about it, Thomas only mentioned  that Bruce died, not his family. Plus this explains the long hair, and why she's crazy (she lost her son) and explains why Thomas hasn't killed Joker yet (It's his wife).  

This is just an educated guess though, but it's one I'm willing to put money on.
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By labarith

I think it is a mistake to say this Joker is a pedophile. 

I think he doesn't care.  I think he would rape children not for sexual pleasure, but for the cruel joke of it. 

To be a pedophile is to be attracted to kids.  I think he just wants to hurt people.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By Timandm

Well... He IS a criminal....He IS insane...He IS criminally insane...
    It's not out of the realm of possibility for him to be a pedophile, but I do hope they do not make him one...  I hope he genuinely means let's play house as in a game...

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By labarith

That is kind of naive. 

Fact:  Joker is raping that little girl off camera, unless someone stops him. 

The question is whether he's doing do because he's sexually attracted.  I think this is not true.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#37  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Its Flash point, it dosnt have to suit his MO

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hit_Monkey
    @TheJokerha:  
    These days Joker seems capable of anything and I like it that way. You come across like you hero worship him a bit mate, hence why when he is written in a way that doesn't agree with your view of 'The Joker' you seem to flip out a bit.  I think in all those previous tales you have quoted it was censorship that prevented him from going to the darkest of places not his moral compass. This is the guy who on his first crime spree poisoned Gotham reservoir. How exactly was he planning to spare the kids on that particular caper?? In fact didn't he beat Jason Todd to death with a crowbar? Jason was a teenage boy, is this how joker protects the young? 
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hit_Monkey
    @The Lobster :  
    Yeah I'm with you mate, Martha it is.
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hit_Monkey
    @TheJokerha:  
    No riposte to my post? 
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It reminds me of Punisher:MAX with Bullseye trying to recreate Franks origin 

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By labarith
    @TheJokerha said:
    I know he is a mass murdered, but child molestation is different type of evil. It doesn't make sense but it just IS. Even killers hold them in contempt. Dc is not going to do that to him. No need to worry, not going to happen.From a real world. money making aspect.
    Dude, unless Bats bursts in within like 5 minutes, I think we can assume it happened. 

I mean, aren't we supposed to believe the Joker raped Babara too? 

THIS Joker specifically implied he was going to rape that child.  Now why don't you write a nasty letter to the toy company about how raving lunatic mass murderers are okay for toddler toys, but that pedophile mass murderers have taken steps TOO FAR. 

This is, of course flashpoint Joker - probably a different character - but, at the end of the day - WHO GIVES A SHIT.  There's a ted bundy action figure in the super friends you give to your toddler... WTF?
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @TheJokerha said:
    You know, the more I think about it the more impossible and ridiculous this idea is from a practical point of view. Joker is one of their biggest money maker when it comes to marketing tie ins. DC releases a line of hero shoes and Joker is included. The only villain in a bunch of heroes. They are not going to make a pedophile out of one of their most popular characters who sells lunch boxes and tshirts to their younger audiences. I know he is a mass murdered, but child molestation is different type of evil. It doesn't make sense but it just IS. Even killers hold them in contempt. Dc is not going to do that to him. No need to worry, not going to happen.From a real world. money making aspect.
    you make me lol
    Avatar image for captainobsessive
    CaptainObsessive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CaptainObsessive

Haven't found out who it is yet, I'm waiting for my issue to arrive still but at a guess I'd say Martha Wayne. Its all about Thomas Wayne and his lost son right? Well whereas he struck out as a vigilante, she collapses and becomes Joker in a nice little plot twist. Its what I'd write in. Here's the clue, there don't seem to be sexual undertones, just a father (Thomas), a mother (played presumably by her/him giuven that they'll have "fun" witht eh whole mother aspect feeding into my theory) and the baby, i.e. Bruce Wayne, with the baby being the non-gender specific role when playing house so as to fit into the script without reveling the trump card yet and a way to disguise the true motives, trying to recreate her lost family either to repair herself or wreck it again for fun. Finally, "He'll show up" could either be Batman, or could be a reference to Joe Chill (or this equivilent) who came along and took the baby away, or Thomas Wayne who may even be partially responcible for Bruce's death. Don't know if we all know who it is yet, avoided looking at the comments or spoilers so far, so forgive me if tis all cleared up and it turns out its Killer Croc or something. Hopefully I'll get the issue tommorow (well today, its past midnight). Still, just my ramblings and less than adiquate detective work.

Oh and Joker mentions there's three of them, nuclear family is four, so why three? Well Thomas Martha and Bruce. its probably wrog but jokers never been sexual before and the scan just got me thinking.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By Primmaster64

Nope...its Bruce's mom.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And we found out Joker is......Martha Kane (Batman's mom) 0.0

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.