Explain him to me

#1 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

i like him. he's a really intriguing character due to his pathos. also his relationship and rapport with batman is really fun to read.

#2 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

im a fan of batman,but never really liked joker

but he seems to have alot of fans

so tell me why?

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

And one of the sexiest men ever portrayed him in the second installment of the latest batman series.....

Heath......sigh....

#4 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

any one else ?

#5 Posted by Tom Sawyer (5 posts) - - Show Bio

T.J. Magnum says:

"any one else ?"

because I don't like Batman and he's Batman's exact opposite...

#6 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom Sawyer says:

"T.J. Magnum says:
"any one else ?"
because I don't like Batman and he's Batman's exact opposite..."

how come you dont like bats aztek ?

#7 Posted by Ralph (101 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT? Yahahahahahahahahaha! Because he's the HOTTEST GUY EVA! Andddd.... he's deliciously nasty and he has a fantastic sense of humour, an impeccable dress sense, an irresistible smile... I could go on for hours. I'm a crazed fan of that twisted lovable sweet guy...I would do everythig to be Harley. Bwahahahahaha!!!!! I'm with ya, Mistah J (if you marry me, it's much better:)) !

Your loving crazy gal

PS: Hey, Mistah J, I love you madly! Did I tell that to you?

#8 Posted by GuardianAngel (200 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker is one of the most unpredictable creatures Batman has to hunt. And while villains like Croc, Penguin, and Two Face follow a fairly scripted plan most of the time (that I know of anyway), the Joker is quite comfortable pulling something out of his ass at the least conveinient opportunity to fry Batman.

That and, for reasons unto himself, instead of going to a plastic surgeon like a normal person, he decide to turn career criminal simply because he fell into a vat of acid. sigh

#9 Posted by MrsJ (305 posts) - - Show Bio

What needs explanation?

The Joker has all of the traits that make for an entertaining character.

Firstly he is the anthisises of the Bat. He is his exact opposite, there is no comic book villain who is more of a match to his enemy then the Clown Prince. The Batman uses logic and ethics, the Joker insanity and complete anarchy. The Bat uses a costume that symbolises fear and the Joker's is pretty much supposed to bring joy to children. Come on the Joker and Batman make the perfect match of Comedian and Straight man; there is no way someone couldn't adore the Joker.

The is so clever and he has just amazingly comical schemes. Like who cannot like the Killing Joke?

There is so much more I could add, but sadly I have to get to class.

P.S. Joker is the greatest villain EVER!

#10 Posted by MrsJ (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Ralph says:

"WHAT? Yahahahahahahahahaha! Because he's the HOTTEST GUY EVA! Andddd.... he's deliciously nasty and he has a fantastic sense of humour, an impeccable dress sense, an irresistible smile... I could go on for hours. I'm a crazed fan of that twisted lovable sweet guy...I would do everythig to be Harley. Bwahahahahaha!!!!! I'm with ya, Mistah J (if you marry me, it's much better:)) !Your loving crazy galPS: Hey, Mistah J, I love you madly! Did I tell that to you?"

She's got a point there, too. Joker is damn sexy!

#11 Posted by Ralph (101 posts) - - Show Bio

GuardianAngel says:

"The Joker is one of the most unpredictable creatures Batman has to hunt. And while villains like Croc, Penguin, and Two Face follow a fairly scripted plan most of the time (that I know of anyway), the Joker is quite comfortable pulling something out of his ass at the least conveinient opportunity to fry Batman. That and, for reasons unto himself, instead of going to a plastic surgeon like a normal person, he decide to turn career criminal simply because he fell into a vat of acid. *sigh*"

'Simply fell in a vat of acid?' Why don't ya try that?

#12 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Check out the Killing Joke story arc.

#13 Posted by NightFang (10070 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker make's death so fun.

#14 Posted by Diesel (17 posts) - - Show Bio

He's fourth wall aware. The Joker knows he's a comic book character so he has the ability to play around with his universe anyway he wants.

Since he knows the rules of the game he can "break" them, or keep the game going as long as he likes. That's part of the reason he never actually kills Batman, if he does the story is over and both characters cease to exists.

Most of the people the Joker has killed were throw away characters A news reporter, a chemist, a bank officer people that came into existence moments before he arrived. Since there purpose in life is to continue the story killing them doesn't really affect the world otherwise.

The only returning characters he's killed that I know of are Sarah Gordon Essenes (which he didn't enjoy killing) and Jason Todd (which nobody liked)

The Jokers detachment from his "reality" is an artistic expression as to who many of us feel like the world is scripted and we're not really a part of it, but some how the story plays out around us if not through us.

#15 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker is Batman's greatest enemy. He has cause so much death and pain and suffering to Batman.

He rarely (or never) shows mercy to victims. He can't be reasoned with and does all of these things with a big smile on his face.

#16 Posted by The Dave (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Because hes just as likely to bring a dead fish as a nuclear weapon to a fight.
 He also seems to have vast knowledge of psycholgy, genetics, explosives and is every bit as cunning as Batman (Batman is seriously the only guy who can stop his schemes, they are too deep and off the wall for anyone else.)
I remember watching Mask of the Phantasm and thinking whoa when Joker actually figured out who the phantasm was before Batman did.

#17 Posted by Croaker (296 posts) - - Show Bio
@T.J. Magnum said:
"

im a fan of batman,but never really liked joker

but he seems to have alot of fans

so tell me why?

"
He is flamboyant, he's even funny sometimes. He is supernaturally clever and logical while at the same time being completely chaotic and insane.

He dances around doing his thing while having no super powers, yet managing to stay alive.

He is the best kind of archenemy I can think of. The total opposite of Batman.
#18 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker is the best DC villian there is. He is a hilariously sck, evil genius who always gets closest to killing bats, and he is a relentless psychopath. He is definitely my fav! He doesn't wear tights (which is a nice change, i mean seriously, in the real world people criminals don't dress like that!), but he still dresses funky (purple suit and penny loafers). He has an awesome sense of humor and is just plain the coolest. If you have watched "The Dark Knight" then you will know what I mean. Joker rules. He is a total sicko and thats awesome. 

Go Joker!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.