Does i am the only that hated the Funny Joker?

#1 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9572 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Dimaggion,Ledger,Arkham Asylum, Killing Joke, Joker, you know.
i never feel that Funny Joker is a good character, is good for a Funny Batman, like in Adam Wast show, but most of the time, when he is doing amazing thing, he ios not funny.
I mean since Harley Quinn, why there is a need of a funny Joker?

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

.... I think I managed to understand the basic jist of this thread.

"Joker from the Adam West show isn't all that great, what do you think?"

.... Right?

#3 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

For more light-hearted escapades I'm sure; the kind sold to children at the age of three and such.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't really care for Joker from The Batman.  

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I liked him when he first showed up. But he was too goofy after (Aside from their rendition of Killing Joke with Clayace - loved that).
#6 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

" @The Dark Huntress: I liked him when he first showed up. But he was too goofy after (Aside from their rendition of Killing Joke with Clayace - loved that). "

See I felt that overall they wrote that Joker a lot better than Hamill ever got in TAS (with the exception of Batman Beyond). My problem with him in The Batman was he showed up waaay to much, like I think over 50% of the episodes had Joker in them. But on the topic of this thread, if you don't find Joker to be funny in one particular portrayal or another...then he's probably being written correctly, however if you do find yourself laughing at some of the stuff he's doing, then realize that what he's doing is horrible, then he's being written very well. However if your laughing at something he's doing because if anyone did it then it'd still be funny, then he's not being written well. Here's good Joker writing:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA42w33MNF0
and then there's stuff like this Ceaser Romero throwing trout from a fire truck at batman and robin

#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Does I am?... 

Joker is a difficult character to write and act. He's both a psychopathic killer and a clown and both needs to be shown to have a good Joker rendition.  Most of the time he's one or the other not both which is sad. 

#8 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the character all shapes and forms 

He is what he is.. The opposite of Batman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.