Can the Joker grow a beard?

#1 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone ever seen the Joker with beard stubble? I'm really curious.

#2 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooo, nobody knows?

#3 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never seen it, nor have I seen his hair grow past a certain length. It's safe to assume that the chemicals that bleached him also stunted his natural processes somehow.

We know he can't regularly shave/trim his hair, since the man can't even find his socks without a loyal henchlady to do so for him. He's too obsessive to be interrupted by trivial things like shaving.

#4 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you. I was starting to think i was the only one bothered by this.

#5 Posted by Rusty_Irons (627 posts) - - Show Bio

this place is getting weird.

#6 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the Joker in the 60's Batman TV series have a moustache he painted over? Not comics, sure, but I think that's the closest we've ever gotten to seeing the Joker with facial hair.

#7 Posted by Teerack (7085 posts) - - Show Bio

considering he cut his face off i doubt it.

#8 Posted by Doc_Holliday (8 posts) - - Show Bio

In Kevin Smith's Batman: Cacophony he grows a rather bushy black beard at the end of the comic. In short yes.

#9 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7992 posts) - - Show Bio

Googled 'The Joker beard' and got this. Dunno if that's a real scan from a comic, but it's damn funny.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker + that beard = does not compute. Shouldn't it be green? Or at least brown, and not like that? Then again, this is from the same guy that had Batman piss himself.

#11 Posted by Ms. Omega (4508 posts) - - Show Bio

@tmacximas said:

this place is getting weird.

Getting weird? Its been weird for a long time.

#12 Posted by andywattbulb (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy

No it's not. Altough I like this version better :P It's from batman:cacophony 3

#13 Posted by andywattbulb (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said: Shouldn't it be green?

It is green. Just not in this panel. It's supposed to be really dark green. I know. It looks like shit.

#14 Posted by RoboShark (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Googled 'The Joker beard' and got this. Dunno if that's a real scan from a comic, but it's damn funny.

Think thats from Kevin Smith's Batman books.

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (58167 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Think thats from Kevin Smith's Batman books.

Yeah, it's from Batman Cacophony. Obviously with different lines.

BB

#16 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

New scan arises a new question: how did he grow at huge beard but absolutely no sideburns?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.