Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4212 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Awesome Toy Picks: The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) Sixth Scale Figure from Hot Toys

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. In this edition, we're journeying back to The Dark Knight movie with The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) from Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles.

Be sure to check out our video at the top of the page to get a different look.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is the version of the Joker from his latest big screen appearance (portrayed by Heath Ledger). He's wearing the suit he wore in the movie during the bank heist scene when we got our first glimpse at him.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It's almost eerie seeing how well they've captured his likeness.

There are a lot of accessories that comes with this figure. He comes with a deck of Joker cards. Each one has different art and you could put them in one of his hands.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

There is a stack of money. I didn't mention this in the video but each one has a Joker face drawn on it, as in the movie.

No Caption Provided

You can have Joker holding a gun, a shotgun, or a switch blade. The blade actually retracts.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

There are many smoke bombs and grenades (you'll see more below) but one fits under the back of his suit. You can see his Joker jacket underneath and there's a string you can either hook onto his back or put on his finger so he's ready to pull it.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

A second head is included from when Joker had the clown mask on, before he revealed himself. What I like about this type of head is it snaps in down low under the shirt. You don't see a separate head and neck joint or any seams.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

If you have a Dark Knight/Batman figure, you can have them face off against each other. Also, here's a better look at the shotgun.

No Caption Provided

You can see he's carrying a dufflebag over his shoulder.

No Caption Provided

Inside you can put the smoke bombs and grenades. They can be attached and organized in a shelf-type thing so you don't have to worry about having a big old mess in the bag. There are also little pins that can be removed from each bomb. The zipp

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I didn't mention the backdrop. It's (obviously) the school bus from the scene in the movie. There's also a diamond shape stand with his name and a watch too.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The quality is what you would expect from a Hot Toys figure. There is plenty of articulation. I dig that these figures can easily stand on their own but you also have the stand to give more support. You have plenty of hands and accessories to mix up how you display him. The different heads are cool. The detail in both are amazing. The clown mask looks great but chances are, you'll want to have the actual Joker head on when you display it.

The figure is currently available at Sideshow Collectibles: http://bit.ly/BuyJokerBankRobber. The price is $269.99 and you can click on that link to get the rest of the specs if you're interested in the weight and height, etc.

If you have a Batman figure or, more especially, a Batman figure from one of the Dark Knight movies, you'll definitely want to get this figure to go along with it. Thanks to Sideshow Collectibles for letting us check out the figure.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I hate being poor.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

What a role to be remembered for. We miss you, Ledger <:')

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i won't deny the likeness, and the quality that i have come to expect from these statues is still there, but i have no love for that poor excuse for a joker so there is no chance i would ever buy a statue of it.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@g_leno said:

i won't deny the likeness, and the quality that i have come to expect from these statues is still there, but i have no love for that poor excuse for a joker so there is no chance i would ever buy a statue of it.

you didnt like the Dark Knight Joker?

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zearing
    @g_leno said:

Agreed. And, it's out of my price range.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@zearing said:
    @g_leno said:

Agreed. And, it's out of my price range.

What did you guys not like about Heath Ledger's Joker?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By d9000

Jebus this is one creepy looking figure. The eyes! My god the EYES!!!

No Caption Provided

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd display it with the mask. It's the bank robber version. I'd get a regular Joker too if I could afford then.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing: @battle_forum_junkie: @superior_prime_maybe: my veiw is thus:: As a villain, Heath Ledger works fine, He has an evil plan, he poses a threat and Batman struggles to pull off a win. As the Joker though he fails miserably. Granted it is the way it was written more than his performance, but a Joker with no clownish gadgets, who hardly tells any jokes, barely laughs through the whole film and is just a guy wearing badly done face paint cannot be the Joker. I am still firmly of the belief that if he hadn't died, his portrayal would not have recieved half as much praise, Jack Nicholson is the best live Joker so far, and the Arkham Asylum/City Joker was the very best Joker that has been given to non comic readers.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno: I think that's one of the most valid criticisms about Ledger's Joker, and I agree to an extent. But I personally think Nicholson's and Ledger's performances were both valid interpretations of the character. They just focused on - and where very true to - different aspects of Joker.

For instance, I liked Nicholson's performance as well, but I felt it was hard to take him seriously. Although he cracked a lot of jokes he came of more cheesy than sadistic for me. One of my favorite parts about Killing Joke was that whenever he did crack a joke they where chilling and inhuman and you felt awful for thinking they where funny. But instead of this I ended up just rolling my eyes. I understand this point is completely subjective - and I also get they had to tone it down a bit for the movie - but that just wasn't there for me.

On the other hand, although the funny side of Joker wasn't as prevalent in Heath's version the sadistic side was definitely there. Granted he took a lot of freedom with the source material but I just don't think that even a Arkham Asylum/City Joker would have fit in Nolan's world. I also liked the fact that he really delved into the character while still aking it his own instead of just being a Nicholson carbon-copy.

But I do agree that the Arkham Joker has been the best non-comics version so far. My dream for the new Batman franchise is to have Paul Dini write the script and help Affleck direct. I'm just curious, by the way, how do you feel about Jared Letto being cast as the new Joker?

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: I can see where you are coming from, and your point about Arkham Joker not fitting in to Nolan's world may very well be my problem condensed in to a single statement which is, maybe my problem is with Nolan's take on the whole thing. The whole trilliogy just isn't 'comic-booky' enough for me. while i quite like Batman Begins, my main problem with it was Scarecrow and the way that he was only being full on scarecrow for about 30 seconds of the film.

As far as Leto being the Joker is concerned, I have a wait and see attitude about it. I think he has potential, and the fact that no one is going to want to try to copy Ledger only mskes me more confident that they will bring it towards a more comic bookesque take on it. I want him perma-white and giggly, only time will tell if thats what i get. What do you think of Leto's casting?

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: @g_leno: Agreed, I think the Joker is a villain that is always constructed to fit the time frame. Like Jack Nicolas joker was mob/ gang wars. Heath Ledger one was more towards a terrorist. Even the comic Joker changes personality a lot.

Nolan tried to make everything more realistic, and im not really a fan of that idea, but however the joker in the fact was more about how much he enjoys the suffering rather than making people suffer through joy. To be fair, the whole trilogy suffers from wrong characterisation IMO.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno: I've got to agree with you there. Nolan had his own take on the source material, and I think the whole trilogy worked as comic book inspired films, but like @superior_prime_maybe brought up, the characterization could have been a little closer to the comics. That being said, they are still some of my favorite movies, period.

As far as Letto's casting, I am very optimistic. He seems to be very passionate about taking on the role, and - from what I've gathered - he has a lot of respect for the character(s). He's also mentioned in a few interviews that he plans on taking a more comedic take and make it "something for the fans". And that makes me confident in not only Leto's casting but the new Batman movies as well.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Very cool figure, I've even looked into getting a mask to wear at cons. The fact that the box even lets you is a great touch.

Will have to watch the movie again because of this article, Thanks Tony.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I'm serious getting this figure.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
    victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how the non comic readers are having a discussion about what the joker should be like. You guys are awesome.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yall low life

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.