Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4234 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Awesome Toy Picks: BATMAN: LI'L GOTHAM Joker and Harley Figures

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. With this being the gift giving season and Batman's 75th Anniversary, we thought we'd look at a couple more of the BATMAN: LI'L GOTHAM action figures from DC Collectibles.

No Caption Provided

A couple weeks ago we did take a look at the Batman figure from this line. You can see that HERE if you missed it. You can get these figures (plus a Damian Wayne figure) at your local comic shop or directly from DC's online shop. Both retail for $14.95. Joker can be purchased HERE and Harley Quinn can be purchased HERE.

Just like the Batman figure, there is some Dustin Nguyen art on the side of the package that shows the characters' likeness from the LI'L GOTHAM comic.

No Caption Provided

These figures are a little on the small side. Joker stands at about 3 1/2". At that size and with his hair and head being a little top heavy, I was concerned he wouldn't be able to stand on his own. Turns out, I was wrong.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Joker is dressed in one of his fancy suits. He has the tails going and you'll notice how his neckwear stands out. The different levels to the figure's body is nice and doesn't just have a cheap-solid feel to it. It doesn't look like just one solid piece of plastic. His gloves and sleeves are a nice touch too.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He's also wearing a nice pair of shoes to go with the suit. You can't deny Joker can be a very stylish rogue.

No Caption Provided

Joker doesn't come alone in his package. Included is one of Harley's hyenas.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The hyena is pretty cute. He even has a little Harley collar.

One thing I did discover when I thought I was finished taking pics of this figure was an included stand in the package. Batman did come with one and doesn't need one. Joker, you can see, doesn't really need one either, but if you plan on putting him on display, bumping your desk/shelf/area could cause him to fall over. It's a clear stand and fitted just for him.

No Caption Provided

What about Harley?

No Caption Provided

As you can see, she comes with a lot. She has a different hyena (great touch in not just packaging the same one again), a little Joker doll, and her favorite mallet. Check out all the accessories.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You can see Harley has a sort of big head. Her legs and feet are tiny. I really didn't think she'd stand on her own. I was really surprised she is able to stand, you might have to make a little adjustments in how her legs and upper body are positioned but check it out.

The figure does capture the essence of Harley from the series.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The mallet does slide into her right hand. It's a little tight but as long as you're careful, you can fit it in.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Harley also comes with a clear plastic stand. Again, this one is made just for her since the position of her feet are different from Joker's. It's not a super-easy fit but you can get her on the stand. What surprised me is I was able to get her to hold the mallet, which is a little heavy, over her head without having her fall over.

No Caption Provided

I still need to get a Damian figure. You can bet I will be getting one. Check out how great they all look together.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Personally, I do like the slightly smaller size. When you start amassing so many different collectibles, you don't really have room for too many big pieces. Plus, because of the nature of the comic, it's fitting that they're more on the smaller size.

You can find all four of the figures HERE. Get them for yourself, for your Batman-loving friends, or suggest them to your family if you need ideas for what they can get you.

No Caption Provided

Let us know what you think. We'll have more collectibles featured really soon.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CitizenJP

Aww that hyena is so adorable :p

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

*waits for Catwoman & Ivy*

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@ostyo: Wow. I'm assuming you don't realize that that is a racist remark. That's not acceptable.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By WarDishy_

Awesome. So cute.

Nice touch with the little visual narrative you have going there.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

They are adorable!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
    deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

I really like the Robin figure in the series 2 line, except the way that his baseball bats screw together. The Joker and HQ have much less frustrating accessories, and look how cute they are! $12.99 each at my local comic store.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They didn't pick a good facial expression for Joker, but the Hyena and Harley are okay.

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat Harley

Cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cozmicaztaway

The sleeping hyena is really cute, and I sort of like a super-happy Joker that almost seems harmless

Puck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Puck

CUTE!!

I wish I could get them.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I considered getting Harley just for the accessories, they look so cool!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are just like their comic book version.

genekellypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

always loved how nguyen drew harley in lil gotham with her little tuft of hair sticking out from her hat! soo cute :)

max8800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

definite want joker looks asian but my two favs are bats and jokes for sure (although i haven't seen damian)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.