Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4241 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

An Idea for a new Batman Villain: Jo Crow

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

Joseph Crowe is an exceptional chemist who moonlighted as a guard for Arkham Asylum so that he could steal a vile of Joker Venom and vile of Fear Toxin. He then recreated the compounds and became Jo Crow.

Please critique

I also thought about throwing in Poison Ivy's pheromones, but are they a compound like the Joker Venom and the Fear Toxin, or is it one of her abilities?

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Crash_Recovery

I like that you're thinking about making your own characters.

My thought on this though is to maybe not make him so derivative. Some people criticize Batman's allies and enemies as being different versions of the same thing.

Joseph Crowe seeking out and using the compounds of existing villains make him a softer version of something that already exists.

An alternative take could be that Jo Crowe has been exposed to these compounds as a result of incidental contact with these villains like he was in a Bank the Joker attacked or a citizen who has residual effects of the fear toxin being loosed in the streets of Gotham. As such, he is now chemically unbalanced, etc.

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

I actually thought about doing something similar to that, where he was hit simultaneously with both Joker's Joker Venom and Scarecrow's Fear Toxin, having the resulting combination be where he is now able to control the emotions in others.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.