Why doesn't he have a mask (secret identity)?

#1 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he have a secret identity and if so why doesn't he have a mask like hal and kyle ?

#2 Posted by Demas (209 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't feel like he has anything to hide.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

A better question would be why do any GLs hide their identity they're basically a police force 

#4 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just that badass

#5 Posted by firewrkninja (362 posts) - - Show Bio
No need for a mask if your gonna be on the daily show every day. 

PS: Sarcasm
#6 Posted by Demas (209 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" A better question would be why do any GLs hide their identity they're basically a police force  "
Girlfriends in refrigerators, I guess?  Normal police forces don't routinely deal with completely insane villains.
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Demas: they do deal with insane people alot tho
#8 Posted by Demas (209 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Not really.  Most criminals are rationale just not analytical... like they're motivated for money, but didn't calculate the odds properly of how much crime pays.  When confronted with guns and force they surrender.  The police rarely deal with people who are sufficiently motivated, insane, and capable of stuffing their girlfriends into ice boxes... but superheroes do all the time.
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Demas: Ok so cops don't often deal with people like Sinestro but they do have to put up with crazy people(not arch criminal crazy, foil hat randomly shooting into a crowd crazy) on a fairly regular basis
#10 Posted by Demas (209 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:  No, they don't.  The vast majority of cops in the real world have never fired a gun in anger... heck, a lot of cops- world wide- don't even have guns!  They're not dealing with a threat level that requires masks.
#11 Edited by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Demas: I'm not saying its every day but it does happen enough that there are codes for it, and i was talking about the crazy people shooting not the cops
#12 Posted by Demas (209 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Fair enough, but those crazy people aren't able to or don't hunt down cops, which is why the cops don't need masks.
#13 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

True but the non crazy guys do some times go after cops 

#14 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

He used to.

He just doesn't have many connections to a life on Earth anymore, very little in the way of friends or family to protect with a mask.  He's twice married alien women, even. 

#15 Edited by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't John Stewart mostly off-world now? Also Guy Gardner doesn't have a mask either.

#16 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Isn't John Stewart mostly off-world now? Also Guy Gardner doesn't have a mask either. "
Thank you for mentioning him. 
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@LightBright:  How could people for get the Gardner?

#18 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: His awesome cannot be contained by a mask. xP
#19 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:
i didnt forget about  guy gardner. i was actually going to mention him so this wouldnt happen. his identity is public ( i like guy just as much as hal)
#20 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Lanterns don't do it they're out in space for the duration of their time. 

#21 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

To show off his black skin

#22 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungGunna:That's one of the reason why I'm a fan of black super heroes putting the word "Black" in their name: There isn't any confusion on who your dealing with.

#23 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13637 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have any reason too. He has no Iife on earth, does he even have any family?

#24 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

A better question would be why do any GLs hide their identity they're basically a police force
#25 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

When Stewart became a Lantern wasn't he stationed on an alien world?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.