Why Does DC Hate John Stewart? And Why Won't They Put Him In JL?

#151 Edited by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@reaperzero420 said:

@avenging_x_bolt: umm i tired hear of ur complain about rasict , let me tell sumthing truth... dc worker n ppl nothing do with color skin but hal jordan is so popluar origin comic but john stwart is seem fairly main character to okay but bit so boring n not fit as in comic that it

i have no idea what the hell you're saying.

Let me take a stab at it.

He's tired of your complaining about racism and want to tell you something he believes to be true. (This part gets harder) For the people that work at DC it has nothing to do with color but the popular character and interesting origin. John Stewart on the other hand is a fair to ok for a main character but a bit boring and doesn't fit as well the way he is.

Tried my best but I don't think English is his first language.

#152 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@reaperzero420 said:

@avenging_x_bolt: umm i tired hear of ur complain about rasict , let me tell sumthing truth... dc worker n ppl nothing do with color skin but hal jordan is so popluar origin comic but john stwart is seem fairly main character to okay but bit so boring n not fit as in comic that it

i have no idea what the hell you're saying.

Let me take a stab at it.

He's tired of your complaining about racism and want to tell you something he believes to be true. (This part gets harder) For the people that work at DC it has nothing to do with color but the popular character and interesting origin. John Stewart on the other hand is a fair to ok for a main character but a bit boring and doesn't fit as well the way he is.

Tried my best but I don't think English is his first language.

thanks. i was so lost, it isn't even funny.

#153 Posted by Reaperzero420 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: sorry about that, @dernman thank man for interpter n it not my first english lang. actually i am deaf guy use asl grammar but some ppl take alot pratice asl grammar barely undy but it really easy more picture than write

#154 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the "he's boring" comments interesting. If Superman, Captain America, and other boy scouts had the attention that John Stewart has, they would all be considered extremely boring characters right now. Its the stories and experiences that the character undergoes that makes a certain charcater unique. So I don't understand this logic about his personality being the reason why he is being overlooked.

Its moments like this that makes John Stewart the best human GL.

And in all honesty, if he were on the current squad's justice league, he would undeniably be the leader of the team. I noticed something when reading the initial encounter of the justice league members (new52). They don't have a capable leader. Wonder Woman is a bit on the aggressive side, flash is simply not cut out for the position, and batman is more of silent type and isn't really a team guy. The only one that comes close is superman. But even he was reluctant to take the position because that's just not in his nature. Maybe its due to his roots, or fear as being viewed as a ruler of humans when he isn't one. They themselves were having trouble deciding on a leader. John Stewart on the other hand is perfect for the job. His extensive military experience is great, but this paired with his morals, and stern personality is what puts him over the top of the others. Same reasons why Cap is the undeniable leader of the avengers. He has the perfect make-up for being that balance that relates to batman if he gets in a phase of wanting to work alone, and not be around superhumans, due to being human himself. As well as relating to superman if he somehow manages to shift from the ideologies he has always had, due to john being very similar to him in that regard. Its a shame that he isn't being utilized the way he should be.

He is the best leader in every way, shape, and form. He deserves better than what he's getting now. But then again, who am I kidding. John Stewart was primed for exposure during the early 2000s but they decided to go in a different direction. Why would I think they'll respect him now? They have been trying to establish a successful black character for a while now such as static (cancelled), mister terrific( cancelled), and batwing (nearly cancelled, saved by batman's popularity). Yet their most popular black character is being shoved in the closet. I don't understand this. DC needs to get their act together with this, as well as other black characters.

#155 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Not everyone watches cartoons. In comics, John Stewart has been the most boring character for almost a decade.

#156 Posted by Captain13 (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the "he's boring" comments interesting. If Superman, Captain America, and other boy scouts had the attention that John Stewart has, they would all be considered extremely boring characters right now. Its the stories and experiences that the character undergoes that makes a certain charcater unique. So I don't understand this logic about his personality being the reason why he is being overlooked.

Its moments like this that makes John Stewart the best human GL.

And in all honesty, if he were on the current squad's justice league, he would undeniably be the leader of the team. I noticed something when reading the initial encounter of the justice league members (new52). They don't have a capable leader. Wonder Woman is a bit on the aggressive side, flash is simply not cut out for the position, and batman is more of silent type and isn't really a team guy. The only one that comes close is superman. But even he was reluctant to take the position because that's just not in his nature. Maybe its due to his roots, or fear as being viewed as a ruler of humans when he isn't one. They themselves were having trouble deciding on a leader. John Stewart on the other hand is perfect for the job. His extensive military experience is great, but this paired with his morals, and stern personality is what puts him over the top of the others. Same reasons why Cap is the undeniable leader of the avengers. He has the perfect make-up for being that balance that relates to batman if he gets in a phase of wanting to work alone, and not be around superhumans, due to being human himself. As well as relating to superman if he somehow manages to shift from the ideologies he has always had, due to john being very similar to him in that regard. Its a shame that he isn't being utilized the way he should be.

He is the best leader in every way, shape, and form. He deserves better than what he's getting now. But then again, who am I kidding. John Stewart was primed for exposure during the early 2000s but they decided to go in a different direction. Why would I think they'll respect him now? They have been trying to establish a successful black character for a while now such as static (cancelled), mister terrific( cancelled), and batwing (nearly cancelled, saved by batman's popularity). Yet their most popular black character is being shoved in the closet. I don't understand this. DC needs to get their act together with this, as well as other black characters.

Well reasoned. And well said. I've been making the Captain America/Superman/Cyclops comparison forever.

@rich711: Are you going to pick up GLC 21?

#157 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711 said:

Not everyone watches cartoons. In comics, John Stewart has been the most boring character for almost a decade.

Yes but for those who do, not only did cartoons get alot of people into comics in the first place, but alot of the writing in cartoons is superior to comics.

#158 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: with how many more comics there are than cartoons, that would have to be true. But if people are asking why JS is not in the JLA comic it is beacause in the last decade of comics he has been super boring.

I read GLC because JS and Guy compliment each other well with JS being dull and; serious while Guy is flambouyant and over the top, and I like how they switch off A and B storylines. But with guy gone and some new unproven writer at the helm, it will be on a month to month basis to see if it stays on the pull list. Plus this pink lantern angle is stupid. It was stupid when they did it with Hals girlfriend and it is even stupider to do it again with JSs girlfriend. Giving him the same setup as Hal just drives home the point that JS is the less interest 2nd to Hal.

#159 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

He too competent,

#160 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711 said:

@jnr6lil: with how many more comics there are than cartoons, that would have to be true. But if people are asking why JS is not in the JLA comic it is beacause in the last decade of comics he has been super boring.

I read GLC because JS and Guy compliment each other well with JS being dull and; serious while Guy is flambouyant and over the top, and I like how they switch off A and B storylines. But with guy gone and some new unproven writer at the helm, it will be on a month to month basis to see if it stays on the pull list. Plus this pink lantern angle is stupid. It was stupid when they did it with Hals girlfriend and it is even stupider to do it again with JSs girlfriend. Giving him the same setup as Hal just drives home the point that JS is the less interest 2nd to Hal.

He's been boring because the writers don't know how to use characters to their full potential.

#161 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies are made all the time about cops, detectives, journalists, fighter pilots, kings, princesses, thieves. How many movies can you name about architects? They wanted to be P.C. and give him a classy sounding job and all they did was make him difficult to write for.

That is where all good writers go back to. What is their origin story and what did they dedicate their life to before they were called upon to be a hero. He has no real origin story and his occupation is really hard for a layperson to rap their head around. So by default he becomes the black Hal.

#162 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

He too competent,

That is a problem too. Characters are interesting because of their flaws and they never want to give him any real flaws. Competent characters make good support characters that the lead can rely on. I remember when they tried to make his flaw, he over thinks things, even his flaw is a compliment. They dont want to make him Un-P.C. Give him something interesting, violent temper, drinking problem, womanizer, a crippling fear, vanity, something. He is a fictitious role model not a relatable protagonist and that is boring.

#163 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711: Readers need someone to look up to as much as people they can relate to

too much is focused on flaws, excuses to remain the same

people need examples to follow, reason to change

#164 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711: So there are no movies about soldiers? You're failing at misleading people.

#165 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

Rich711 really needs to watch JL/JLU. Here you have a John that's a no nonsense soldier, but still falls victim to women.

#166 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Exactly. That even continues on in the Justice League Beyond comics and Warhawk's origin. Karma, Shayera, Mari. All of them. And the first season he had culture shock from bein off earth too long, and he feared that the ring was what made him special, but it turns out that he makes the ring special

#167 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

@outlawrenegade: And the Hawkman-Shayera-GL storyline, or the Despero storyline or Hro Talak. Also he's a father figure to Supergirl & Static

#168 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever, have fun holding this exact same conversation when the obvious happens and the book fails and needs to be rescued by a character that is not boring. Hopefully, John Stewart doesnt get the book cancelled.

#169 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Exactly. That even continues on in the Justice League Beyond comics and Warhawk's origin. Karma, Shayera, Mari. All of them. And the first season he had culture shock from bein off earth too long, and he feared that the ring was what made him special, but it turns out that he makes the ring special

dont waste your time with Rich. he's a bit of a troll

#170 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

It turns out that he makes the ring special.... HAHAHAHA!!! You guys think that is good writing? You think THAT is developing a character? You guys really are simple. No wonder you fell in love with the JS from the cartoon, the cartoons target audience is 8 year olds. You guys really are what mothers fear will happen to their kids if they let them read comic books.

#171 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711: Pretty all of the greatest comic book shoes JLU included were targeted towards little kids. even Batman: TAS.

#172 Posted by Captain13 (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Just ignore Rich. He is a troll. Don't engage.

#173 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9022 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan is one of the Justice League founding member,as much as John is famous, he should follow his own path and not follow Hal's step or the cartoon, does anybody can imagine him doing anything else? Doing something original??
Now this new phase it will be the teacher / coach of the newbies and I think it's great, it may not be a big change, but it still is a welcome change and beyond that it will be the focus of the Green Lantern Corps.
And honestly seeing how Geoff Johns is writing the Justice League, you guys want it to be as forgotten as it was being before?

#174 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

i think they should just go down the route that was intended before the reboot. put John in the main book with the other big characters, kill off Baz and let Hal in the JLA. and take Johns off both title s and let Matt Kindt and Jeff Lemire take them on.

#175 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: I like that. I would just turn Baz into an Indigo though, so DC can avoid killing off another minority.

#176 Posted by ccraft (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal belongs in the JL, John should be in the JLA

#177 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: I would switch that around...

#178 Posted by ccraft (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

@superdork: John is a soldier, it would make more sense for him to be in JLA,instead of Baz. It would make absolutely no sense for Hal to join JLA. Besides does John have any connections with JL since the new 52? Probably not.

#179 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Are you forgetting that Hal works/ed for the air force? It would add drama for Hal to join JLA and have the Justice League accept a new Green Lantern in his place. In addition, Hal may not agree with his team mates on the Justice League in Trinity War, and--besides Flash--he has never respected them anyway--not Batman or Aquaman or Superman or Cyborg. John would gel better with everyone and bring a new perspective to the team.

#180 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc doesn't hate John hes becoming infact more popular over the years.

#181 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow: Not because of DC Comics. It was Bruce Timm, who works in the animation side of Warner Bros, who made him popular. DC Comics has done nothing to boost John's popularity, going so far as to completely ignore him for 9 years--some would argue more.

I'm just happy he is going to finally headline his own title. Hopefully John Stewart's Golden Age is upon us. I wouldn't be surprised if DC editorial deliberately sabotages the book though.

#182 Edited by ccraft (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

@superdork: You act as if Hal is the loser of the group... Besides he would fit better with the JLA, why does he have to be in the JL for? I wouldn't mind him in the team, but not if it means Hal is taken out.

#183 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow: Not because of DC Comics. It was Bruce Timm, who works in the animation side of Warner Bros, who made him popular. DC Comics has done nothing to boost John's popularity, going so far as to completely ignore him for 9 years--some would argue more.

I'm just happy he is going to finally headline his own title. Hopefully John Stewart's Golden Age is upon us. I wouldn't be surprised if DC editorial deliberately sabotages the book though.

#184 Posted by daredevil21134 (12162 posts) - - Show Bio

Before the reboot Guy Gardener had his own series lol.That should have been John instaed

#185 Posted by daredevil21134 (12162 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69 said:

considering how bad the GL movie was mabye they'll make him the new cinimatic green jeans of the DC movies.

I hope so

#186 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@superdork: You act as if Hal is the loser of the group... Besides he would fit better with the JLA, why does he have to be in the JL for? I wouldn't mind him in the team, but not if it means Hal is taken out.

Hal has already been taken out

#187 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

in the New 52, Hal's primary role on the JL was being the team's resident ass. as long as Geoff Johns is on the book, im not sure i want Hal back there.

#188 Posted by ccraft (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: Because he had a HUGE story coming up, he'll be back where he belongs in no time. Him being an ass has nothing to do with him not worthy enough of being on the JL team, besides i'm sure it's hard to get every the spotlight in the JL series. He even gave Aquaman and Cyborg the spotlight, and Hal leaving could have been his spotlight,not a great one but still. I'm not even sure why there is more than 1 human lantern when 1 GL duty is to protect a certain sector.

#189 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Baz should become a part of the indigo tribe. Kyle should stay as a White Lantern. Guy should be a Red Lantern. Hal can fuse with the Green entity and lead the corps. And that leaves John as Earth's GL.

#190 Posted by Saren (25918 posts) - - Show Bio

Or Baz can be Earth's GL since he's gonna be anyway given that's DC's fiat right now, while John can be the trainer of the GLC or whatever and just be happy that he has one of those rare shots at a purpose for being again.

#191 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@avenging_x_bolt:

Because he had a HUGE story coming up, he'll be back where he belongs in no time.

Hal is LEADING the Green Lantern Corps. There is no possible way that Hal can juggle that with a life on earth/Justice League duties.

Him being an ass has nothing to do with him not worthy enough of being on the JL team,

It makes him a lot less likeable and thus harder/less enjoyable to read. Some writers can still make an ass likeable, but Johns hasnt with Hal. his jokes were stupid and mean spirited and he looked like an idiot most of the time.

besides i'm sure it's hard to get every the spotlight in the JL series. He even gave Aquaman and Cyborg the spotlight, and Hal leaving could have been his spotlight,not a great one but still.

I have no idea what this has to do with the conversation. i never mentioned "the spotlight" at all.

I'm not even sure why there is more than 1 human lantern when 1 GL duty is to protect a certain sector.

Because the Guardians decided that one Lantern simply wasn't enough to protect a sector, it why the introduced the partner system in the first place. this helps avoid situations like Coast City's destruction

#192 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Baz should not even exist. His creation and Cyborg's promotion were done to keep DC fom looking racist when they tried to kill John. 5 Male GL from earth is too many and presents a bad message. Which is why Johns tried to itroduce a character who will never exist: Jessica Cruz. As the GL with the least purpose , least exposure,and shortest tenure,Baz deserves nothing. If he's as compassionate as Johns says, he should go Indigo instead of watering down the franchise even more.

#193 Posted by Saren (25918 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Baz should not even exist. His creation and Cyborg's promotion were done to keep DC fom looking racist when they tried to kill John. 5 Male GL from earth is too many and presents a bad message. Which is why Johns tried to itroduce a character who will never exist: Jessica Cruz. As the GL with the least purpose , least exposure,and shortest tenure,Baz deserves nothing. If he's as compassionate as Johns says, he should go Indigo instead of watering down the franchise even more.

I don't disagree that Baz is redundant ---- but now that he does exist and isn't going anywhere, there's nothing to do but learn to live with it.

#194 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9022 posts) - - Show Bio

@outlawrenegade: Baz doesn't steal the spotlight of John Stewart,he will not even appear in Green Lantern Corps and will be only as a member of the new Justice League of America,honestly I don't miss him, but also doesn't bother me one bit.

Another thing that I see no problem is the Earth have 4 green lanterns, after all Hal Jordan is now the leader of GLC,John Stewart is the new GLC's instructor,Guy Gardner is a red lantern and Kyle is a full time white lantern,surely will stay protecting the universe from unknow threats. Does Dc is as racist as everyone says? The same company that pioneered to give a ongoing series to one of the first black superheroes Black Lightning,in middle of 70s? The same company that give a ongoing series to Steel in the 90s? The same company that give a ongoing series to Batwing recently (and still exist)?? Do you remember Mr.Terrific was leader of the JSA?? Remember when Black Lightining was minister of education??

There are people who do not care about this heroes, an example is the Blue Beetle, which is latin american and had its own ongoing, which ended up being canceled,not because the publisher is racist, but because people don't buy. If Blade was so popular when his films were released, why Marvel didn't give a ongoing for him?? Or to Falcon,Black Panther,Blue Marvel?? A new War Machine ongoing??

#195 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@outlawrenegade: Baz doesn't steal the spotlight of John Stewart,he will not even appear in Green Lantern Corps and will be only as a member of the new Justice League of America,honestly I don't miss him, but also doesn't bother me one bit.

Another thing that I see no problem is the Earth have 4 green lanterns, after all Hal Jordan is now the leader of GLC,John Stewart is the new GLC's instructor,Guy Gardner is a red lantern and Kyle is a full time white lantern,surely will stay protecting the universe from unknow threats. Does Dc is as racist as everyone says? The same company that pioneered to give a ongoing series to one of the first black superheroes Black Lightning,in middle of 70s? The same company that give a ongoing series to Steel in the 90s? The same company that give a ongoing series to Batwing recently (and still exist)?? Do you remember Mr.Terrific was leader of the JSA?? Remember when Black Lightining was minister of education??

There are people who do not care about this heroes, an example is the Blue Beetle, which is latin american and had its own ongoing, which ended up being canceled,not because the publisher is racist, but because people don't buy. If Blade was so popular when his films were released, why Marvel didn't give a ongoing for him?? Or to Falcon,Black Panther,Blue Marvel?? A new War Machine ongoing??

What? DC (Johns, Didio, Lee) only created Baz because they needed another ethnic Lantern around so they could kill off John and not look racist.

Johns, Didio, Tomasi, and Lee did not create John Stewart or do anything to make him popular. they actively ignored him for 20 years even though Mosaic sold like gangbusters.

And when did I call DC racist? I don't think they are. But they (Didio, Johns, Lee) have done nothing for minority characters. Cyborg has had nothing done with him in the comics. When Johns wrote him in Flash, all he did was make bad things happen to him. When Johns wrote him in Teen Titans, he ignored him--like he ignored John Stewart. When Johns wrote him in Justice League, he made him Batman's slave and a junior member. Johns and Didio retconned Starboy from Black to White. Black Lightning is used as nothing more than a C-List background character. Static was given the crappiest creative team of all time.

The ONLY reason DC's current leaders even use minority characters is to slap them on a box or a cover to say--look how we're not racist or look how we're diverse. When they don't do anything with those characters.

DC has had people who cared about diversity like Denny O'Neil, Neal Adams, and Dwayne McDuffie, but they are all gone now. All that's left is a bunch of silver age wankers who thought it would be a good idea to kill of the most well known Black superhero in the world after doing nothing with him since 1993 because they were worried that he's surpass their pet Hal Jordan in terms of popularity. They're probably right, since John is the second most popular Green Lantern due to the work of Gerard Jones and Bruce Timm despite being completely shoved in the background during every single Geoff Johns story.

Luckily the internet caught wind of Johns/Didio/Lee's BS.

#196 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

Creating token characters does not mean they aren't racist. It just means they're trying to make themselves look as if they aren't.

#197 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9022 posts) - - Show Bio

@outlawrenegade:

You implied,right here...

I see that you doesn't have much knowledge of businesses and chose to ignore the part that I say, why you would continuing launch comics with heroes who are'' minorities'',if people aren't interested in buying it,If you do not have income from sales, why you would continuing to sell??

Yes it's true, he was ignored for 20 years and had great stories formerly,but much of the mythology is still alive and that no one says, it is amazing how people like to praise the bad side of things, as if nothing good happened,the great fact that people remember Stewart is because of the cartoon, but many of those who call themselves fans (I'm not including you and I am saying because I know some called fans here),never read a comic book of it.

As far as I remember Cyborg was one of the best characters in Flashpoint, he was the'' Superman'' of that reality and amazingly the story was written by Geoff Johns,even before he took command of the Titans and Flash ongoing, nobody gave a damn for the character and after that Cyborg and Starfire became the team instructors,training the heroes of the future. Did you know that the Legion of super heroes suffered 3 reboots through 80s/90s and there were two Starboy,the only thing Johns did was put ''black'' starboy it in another universe, so that there was confusion......

Black Lightning mmay not be treated as A-list hero, but with sure he had large participations and historias, becoming minister of education, leading the Outsiders, becoming member of the Justice League.... Johns may be the dearest the Green Lanterns of all time, but Hal Jordan is the Green Lantern classic, the legend and since Rebirth managed to regain its fans and its popularity. Sincerely hope he never becomes a member of the Justice League, because he'd only be following the cartoons and Hal's footsteps and losing himself.

Do not misunderstand me, because I have my favorite black hero too:John Henry Irons aka Steel

#198 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read GL #20. John Steward may as well have kept his ring finger up his ass, while Hal Jordan raises the dead, literally to save the day. Hal turns death itself, Nekron, into his bitch, while John Stewart gives play by play commentary of Hal's awesomeness. In the end it admits John Stewart is more know for his work as a U.S. Senator than his time in the GL Corp. So, to some things up, John Stewart not only is not up to par with Hal Jordan, he isnt even up to par with Joe Biden. Any one that "hates" John Stewart hates him for being a boring shadow of the man that Hal Jordan is. Boo-Hoo, deal with it. Hal Jordon is Frank Sinatra, John Stewart is Carlton Banks.

#199 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

What? DC (Johns, Didio, Lee) only created Baz because they needed another ethnic Lantern around so they could kill off John and not look racist.

Johns, Didio, Tomasi, and Lee did not create John Stewart or do anything to make him popular. they actively ignored him for 20 years even though Mosaic sold like gangbusters.

And when did I call DC racist? I don't think they are. But they (Didio, Johns, Lee) have done nothing for minority characters. Cyborg has had nothing done with him in the comics. When Johns wrote him in Flash, all he did was make bad things happen to him. When Johns wrote him in Teen Titans, he ignored him--like he ignored John Stewart. When Johns wrote him in Justice League, he made him Batman's slave and a junior member. Johns and Didio retconned Starboy from Black to White. Black Lightning is used as nothing more than a C-List background character. Static was given the crappiest creative team of all time.

The ONLY reason DC's current leaders even use minority characters is to slap them on a box or a cover to say--look how we're not racist or look how we're diverse. When they don't do anything with those characters.

DC has had people who cared about diversity like Denny O'Neil, Neal Adams, and Dwayne McDuffie, but they are all gone now. All that's left is a bunch of silver age wankers who thought it would be a good idea to kill of the most well known Black superhero in the world after doing nothing with him since 1993 because they were worried that he's surpass their pet Hal Jordan in terms of popularity. They're probably right, since John is the second most popular Green Lantern due to the work of Gerard Jones and Bruce Timm despite being completely shoved in the background during every single Geoff Johns story.

Luckily the internet caught wind of Johns/Didio/Lee's BS.

Static would have been good if Scott Mcdaniel would have stuck to doing the art instead of getting in Rozum;s way all the damn time.

#200 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

Baz should become a part of the indigo tribe. Kyle should stay as a White Lantern. Guy should be a Red Lantern. Hal can fuse with the Green entity and lead the corps. And that leaves John as Earth's GL.

i thought Hal was unable to fuse with Ion because of his time as Parallax?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.