The exploits of John Stewart

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems as if writers tend to relegate Stewart in the background in favor of the other three human Green Lanterns. Stewart lacks the iconic status of Hal, the cheeky devil-may-care rebelliousness of Guy, and the hipster-creativity of Kyle. Which makes him the _____________ Lantern (?)    

Stewart seems to be only famous for his appearance on Justice League. I'm a fan of the character, but aside from Mosaic, Everyone's Favorite Chocolate Lantern seems underused.    

Can anyone reveal a few storylines where Stewart plays an integral role?
#2 Posted by daredevil21134 (11462 posts) - - Show Bio

lol
#3 Posted by Foolkiller (168 posts) - - Show Bio

what about the storyline where john stewart first appears.

#4 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio

Chocolate Lantern? Really?

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

xD. This is the reason that he's usually described as the Justice League Lantern. He just doesn't have anything that truly stands out sa a character.  
#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (11462 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"

"

Yeah I know ....I wonder if I should be offeneded as a black man
#7 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
"

"
Yeah I know ....I wonder if I should be offeneded as a black man "
Actually, I'm lobbying to get the term "African-American" changed to "Chocolate". Much more appealing, and everyone loves chocolate. 
Chocolate Lantern approved!
#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (11462 posts) - - Show Bio
@biggkeem89 said:
" @daredevil21134 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
"

"
Yeah I know ....I wonder if I should be offeneded as a black man "
Actually, I'm lobbying to get the term "African-American" changed to "Chocolate". Much more appealing, and everyone loves chocolate. Chocolate Lantern approved! "

Well keep working on that
#9 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134:
If you can think of a better trait that Stewart has going for him, I'll happily amend my post. And don't mention his sniper background, a development that was sort of like Byrne writing Superman as vegetarian. Meaning it did nothing to improve the character.
#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (11462 posts) - - Show Bio
@VampireSelektor said:
"@daredevil21134: If you can think of a better trait that Stewart has going for him, I'll happily amend my post. And don't mention his sniper background, a development that was sort of like Byrne writing Superman as vegetarian. Meaning it did nothing to improve the character. "

I mostly agree with your post I just didn't like the fact that you called him a choclate Green Lantern, you could have just said African American thats all i'm saying
#11 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134:
But that IS how most consumers (comic book readers and avid fans of the Justice League cartoon) view the character.
#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (11462 posts) - - Show Bio
@VampireSelektor said:
"@daredevil21134:
But that IS how most consumers (comic book readers and avid fans of the Justice League cartoon) view the character. "

I hear alot of fans refer to him as the black Green Lantern not the choclate Green Lantern and as a black man i'm telling you I don't like that,its plain and simple
#13 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Locking.  I think the OP was trying to be humorous, but it doesn't fit with the style of CV.

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.