should get a retcon

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

he needs to be redone. he seems least liked out of all GL's for earth.

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Its pretty sad when people like you less than Guy Gardner. I like John partially because his place on the Justice League cartoon and partially because of his architect background. Yeah his constructs aren't as creative as Kyle's but I like when the artist shows them to be more technical.

I don't think he needs a retcon just a good writer who wants to do interesting stuff with him. Needs more of an identity as a GL I think. Hal is the greatest Green Lantern, Guy's the mouthy one and Kyle is the torch-bearer. What would you say is John's identity?

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
PrinceIMC said:
"Its pretty sad when people like you less than Guy Gardner. I like John partially because his place on the Justice League cartoon and partially because of his architect background. Yeah his constructs aren't as creative as Kyle's but I like when the artist shows them to be more technical.I don't think he needs a retcon just a good writer who wants to do interesting stuff with him. Needs more of an identity as a GL I think. Hal is the greatest Green Lantern, Guy's the mouthy one and Kyle is the torch-bearer. What would you say is John's identity?"
hey hey hey...Theres nothing wrong with Guy Gardner
#4 Posted by Lady Winter (277 posts) - - Show Bio
PrinceIMC said:
"What would you say is John's identity?"
He's the smart one. He has the real military training (I know Hal's air force, but that's more piloting), and an architectural background. Johns touched on John overloading his ring and "Exceeding willpower capabilities" but then must have realized that he hadn't written about Hal in two panels, and completely forgot about John. I'm sure if there was a different writer, John could play a bigger part. He has the potential to be great, he just needs someone to do something with him as something more than "The Other Lantern".
#5 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio

even if you like Guy, you have to admit that he is written to be a huge douchebag

and that costume looks really sick

#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Guy Gardner is a fine character to read about, but even his friends will admit he's a hard guy to like.

#7 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Truex said:
"even if you like Guy, you have to admit that he is written to be a huge douchebagand that costume looks really sick"
Thats why i like him

He's a glorius b@stard
#8 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all GL's  and I like John and Kyle the most

Hal was okay, he's old though, before my generation

Guy has his moments he can be cool

but John and Kyle are the best

#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

i love his architecture and military background. i also like his costume but i just dont think they are using him to his full potential. I guess someone had to get the short end of the stick when you have 4 GL's covering the same sector

#10 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"i love his architecture and military background. i also like his costume but i just dont think they are using him to his full potential. I guess someone had to get the short end of the stick when you have 4 GL's covering the same sector"
Hal is the only other lantern assigned to their sector, Kyle and Guy go all over the place. John is just the victim of poor writing
#11 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually John Stewart is one of my favourites from DC in general, his personally makes him really cool and level headed and in some ways I think he is the best to have on a team like the Justice League because he doesn't bring his ego to the table. Hal and Kyle are cool and all but it doesn't make John less cool. I don't like Guy Gardner and I probably never will.

#12 Posted by Mr. Exfed (1127 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes about to get laid by Fatality

#13 Edited by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Exfed said:

"Hes about to get laid by Fatality "

o_0.....
#14 Posted by master_wright (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Two things when a comic book movie comes out and the mainstream public goes "I though Green Lantern was Black." that tells you how popular he really is and as far as his abilites with the ring go seriously how many Green lanterns has John defeated. KYle and Hal both lost to him in a fight. Now if anything he needs a quick retelling of his origin but nothing, absolutly nothing needs to be retconned about him and to do so would cheat his true fans and be a cheap move to remove one of the few weel thought out comic book characters.

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13273 posts) - - Show Bio

He's already been retconned hasn't he? didnt they retcon him in the early 2000's to make him more like his JL/JLU incarnation?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.