Retcon number... ahh hell, i've given up counting...

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

John Stewart was at some point a US Marine according to issue 26.

John Stewart's first exposure to the Corps was a stint in the U.S. Marines, where he was recognized as an amazing sharpshooter. Stewart's brief military career put him through college. He became a distinguished and outspoken architect who will always believe something can be built better.

seems like DC is actually merging the comics and DCUa versions...

i kinda like it, it fits with his character :D

M

#2 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"John Stewart ***was*** at some point a US Marine according to issue 26.
John Stewart's first exposure to the Corps was a stint in the U.S. Marines, where he was recognized as an amazing sharpshooter. Stewart's brief military career put him through college. He became a distinguished and outspoken architect who will always believe something can be built better.

seems like DC is actually merging the comics and DCUa versions...

i kinda like it, it fits with his character :D

M"

I think this is a good merge. I loved the John Stewart from the JLU cartoons.

And when John created a sniper rifle out of his power ring when the Sinestro Corps attacked Oa for the first time, I squeed. I loved how intricate the sniper rifle was drawn. And he took out those Corps members like a pro.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they've been saying that they're going to play up his military training, his sniper skills in particular.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i really like what they've done with John lately...

He's really come into his own as a Green Lantern, instead of just being Hal's backup in case he's incapacitated and then Guy's incapacitated, then John gets a go lol

M

#5 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good to see him being used as more than just a supporting character, like they had him as in the beginning of the series (the current series because I haven't read the previous ones).

Either way, Guy wouldn't even count anymore because he's an Honor Lantern. :P

They need to give him more scenerios to show it off then. He was brilliant.

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle's an honor lantern now as well...

M

#7 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Bangs head on table. I really need to get the rest of the issues to find out the conclusion.

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it ironic that the two earth GL's that outrank Hal and John did no military training(or earth based at least that we know of).

GUY and Kyle : Honor Guardsmen! lol

M

#9 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

It is. It's because they have Hal and John do the grunt work BECAUSE they have military service.

Guy and Kyle must have been made honor guardsmen for their creativity. Obviously Kyle is an artist, and when Guy was a teacher her needed to be creative to keep the class interesting for his students!

#10 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Well John is my fav GL.

Hal is second.

Kyle and Guy....well....not so much.

I do like Alan though.

#11 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

guy will always be the best

#12 Posted by King Saturn (224157 posts) - - Show Bio
Hal Jordan is Da Man  !
#13 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Hal Jordan is Da Man  !
"
#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Rayner all the way

#15 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Always liked Guy best, but John and Kyle are both pretty freaking cool.

#16 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

And yet, this is a John Stewart topic.

#17 Posted by Atom Smasher (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this may seem odd but I don't think they need John to be a Marine to have him make weapons. He and Hal should be able to do that on par. It is Kyle and Guy who should be up a creek when it comes to that.

#18 Posted by master_wright (59 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was really well played how the retconned it but because of Justice League being on tv for so long many people know John Stewart more than any other Green Lantern (ask Google about him).

And yeah this is a John Stewart topic right? But we can talk about Jordan lame constructs. Then again maybe they just suck at illustrating their powers effectively Van Sciver makes everyone look so unique and skilled other just draw green. John makes architechture and military contracts but tis just goes back to who's' writing and drawing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.