John Stewart's will-power

#1 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking through a thread to do with John Stewart and it showed his will-power exceeding the ring's capabilities, now I think some (maybe not all) people are looking at this the wrong way. maybe his willpower wasn't too much for the ring but what he wanted to do WITH the ring that was too much. any-one understand me?

#2 Posted by Mr Creesy (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy said:
" Looking through a thread to do with John Stewart and it showed his will-power exceeding the ring's capabilities, now I think some (maybe not all) people are looking at this the wrong way. maybe his willpower wasn't too much for the ring but what he wanted to do WITH the ring that was too much. any-one understand me? "
I don't think I understand you. It clearly states that John's will power exceeded the capabilities of the ring.  I think you maybe reading too deep into it. The answer is right on the surface.
#3 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that is BAD-ASS!

#4 Edited by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy: I know what it says but that shouldn't be able to happen, it's fueled by willpower, it says it exceeds the capabilities not the ring itself, the ring just couldn't do what he wanted it to do
#5 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
I get what you are asking but they are kind of one in the same since willpower is what fuels the ring. You want to know if he was trying to insert too much will into the ring OR if the ring just could not perform the desired effect that he wanted. But they are one in the same. His will was so great in trying to recreate those planets that it exceeded what the ring could do. So with this we can see that not only was John able to perform one of the best feats I've seen a GL do but he also briefly maxed out the capabilities of the greatest weapon in the universe.
#6 Posted by Mr Creesy (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy said:
" @Mr Creesy: I know what it says but that shouldn't be able to happen, it's fueled by willpower "
In the scan you see that John created a planet and several moons. If the ring wasn't able to create a planet (or moons) it would have said so the moment he tried to do it.  The ring did allow him to create a planet (and several moons) through sheer will power. We can only speculate what was going through John's mind as the ring warned him about his will power. Maybe he tried to repopulate the planet with people and animals which caused the ring to finally maxed out. That's just a guess though.
#7 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: ahh, thanks!
#8 Posted by lastdrag0n89 (590 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy snikt, I just found new love for Jon Stewart

#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously in the scan it was just to much for the ring to do but what about one planet at a time? If he can start to create 8 orbs (whether they were moons or planets or stars) couldnt he just try to create one at a time? Piece by piece.

#10 Posted by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:
" @CapFanboy said:
" @Mr Creesy: I know what it says but that shouldn't be able to happen, it's fueled by willpower "
In the scan you see that John created a planet and several moons. If the ring wasn't able to create a planet (or moons) it would have said so the moment he tried to do it.  The ring did allow him to create a planet (and several moons) through sheer will power. We can only speculate what was going through John's mind as the ring warned him about his will power. Maybe he tried to repopulate the planet with people and animals which caused the ring to finally maxed out. That's just a guess though. "

John builds things from the inside out to the last detail....

So the ring may not have been able to handle it.............

@CapFanboy said:

"Looking through a thread to do with John Stewart and it showed his will-power exceeding the ring's capabilities, now I think some (maybe not all) people are looking at this the wrong way. maybe his willpower wasn't too much for the ring but what he wanted to do WITH the ring that was too much. any-one understand me? "

Lol, it was the ring that said John's will exceeded it's capabilities.........

Why the John hate anyway?................

#11 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37: I don't hate john, I think he's a great character and MUCH better than guy and jade and possibly alan. I probably should've worded the initial post better, it's sorta been cleared up anyway, just a little confusion on my part.
#12 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: that's what I was thinking, maybe it was just that the ring couldn't comply with the request to do it all at once
#13 Posted by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy said:
" @velle37: I don't hate john, I think he's a great character and MUCH better than guy and jade and possibly alan. I probably should've worded the initial post better, it's sorta been cleared up anyway, just a little confusion on my part. "

Naw you're cool, I was just joshing ya :)............

#14 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37: I err...knew that...honestly... :L

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.