john stewart, who should be his girlfriend??

Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

with him now be a widower for a long time. who  would be a good match for john stewart? 

#1 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
Fatality, maybe.
#2 Posted by Mediant (321 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Fatality seems like she is being set up for it. I think that could be an interesting pairing.

#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147056 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a fan of the JLU I would like to see him with Vixen but Fatality is a nice choice.

#4 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio

Shayera 

#5 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
"
Shayera 

"
Not gonna happen, but I wish.
#6 Posted by Sexy Merc (41971 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Katma Tui back, they were awesome together.

#7 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" @velle37 said:
"
Shayera 

"
Not gonna happen, but I wish. "

*stutters* 

But.. But Warhawk?.....
#8 Posted by Telcalipoca (963 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37: 

time for him to move on
#9 Posted by master_wright (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah I think it would be cool to see him with Hawkgirl not a permanent thing but just a few issues. I think John can really have options as he's got that veteran status in DC, I mean why not any of them dudes got the warrior solider marine thing, a world view with realism and a pretty uncommon maturity. No perfect but that what would make it fun to play out.

#10 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, John and Shayera were like my first ship. I grew up watching these two. But comic-wise, I'd say not because she will be tied to Hawkman. And I seriously want to know where Hawkgirl is in the New 52.

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13702 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle: she's going to be on earth-2

#12 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Really?!:D

#13 Posted by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sexy Merc:I agree, Katma. I always thought it odd how Stewart never addressed Jordan about killing his wife....

#14 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought john was in a relationship with Vixen ?

#15 Posted by BlackWind (7236 posts) - - Show Bio

John seems to have a thing for exotic women, no matter what continuity he's in. Get him an alien woman.

#16 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

John seems to have a thing for exotic women, no matter what continuity he's in. Get him an alien woman.

#17 Posted by Black_Claw (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

Just make him date Vixen like he did in the show.

#18 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

old thread -- but yeah, just match him with Vixen.

#19 Posted by GLJS (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people want John to be with Vixen when he wasn't even happy with her on the show. That was just a sort of rebound thing for him. John has had some great romances like Katma-Tui and Rose Hardin, but his best, without a doubt, is Hawkgirl. If that was brought over to the comics continuity, I'd be really excited. I doubt it will be, and that's a shame, but at least it was showcased some in the Justice League Beyond comic.

#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13702 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

@black_claw said:

old thread -- but yeah, just match him with Vixen.

this. the whole Fatality thing is kinda creepy.

#21 Posted by OutlawRenegadeFangirl (44 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Lvenger (21263 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Weird, right? It's a pretty funny prank--as long as that's all it is, haha

#25 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@gljs said:

I don't know why people want John to be with Vixen when he wasn't even happy with her on the show. That was just a sort of rebound thing for him. John has had some great romances like Katma-Tui and Rose Hardin, but his best, without a doubt, is Hawkgirl. If that was brought over to the comics continuity, I'd be really excited. I doubt it will be, and that's a shame, but at least it was showcased some in the Justice League Beyond comic.

Well actually he chose Vixen over Hawkgirl at the end of the show. Katma-Tui could be interesting though.

#26 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

a John and Vixen relationship is way to basic and lazy. Almost how lazy the Black Panther and Storm relationship. Just putting two of the top Black characters together is lazy as he-- to me. They have a bunch of black characters in the universe that could be used. And if all else fails then go back to Hawkgirl or Vixen I guess "/

#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary

#28 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

i like Fatality

#29 Posted by lilben42 (2609 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen!

#30 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

He's taken, so..............

#31 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

He's taken, so..............

John has had many love interests besides Fatality, and fans like to debate which one is best--kinda like MJ vs Gwen.

Among John's notable comic book love interests are:

Tawny Young
Katma Tui
Rose Hardin

#32 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

John and Vixen is not lazy, its magic. ;)

#33 Edited by Black_Claw (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see him with Katma Tui again.

#34 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: Now I put some deeper thought into it, him with Vixen would be lazy comicbook wise. I was thinking of the cartoon. Vixen should be with Ben Turner in the comics.

Katma Tui would be fine. Fatality is growing on me though.

#35 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Shayera, Katma, or Vixen.

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13702 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sexy Merc:I agree, Katma. I always thought it odd how Stewart never addressed Jordan about killing his wife....

When did this happen?

#37 Edited by Desh (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll always have a soft spot for Hawkgirl.

#38 Edited by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone he wants to be with. Seriously, he's a good guy, I'm sure he could make it work.

#39 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman...............

#40 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Site ate my damn post. Sigh.

I would also prefer Shayera Hol, but alas DC decided to promote Hawkman and a whole mess of other Hawkgirls rather than do what they should have done which was make Shayera the signature Hawk of the new52 and excluded the others.

I like Fatality but I don't like her as a Star Sapphire. It makes it seem to Hal/Carol to me. They should have made her an Indigo Lantern considering her past as a villain and yellow lantern.

#41 Posted by Desh (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Site at my damn post. Sigh.

I would also prefer Shayera Hol, but alas DC decided to promote Hawkman and a whole mess of other Hawkgirls rather than do what they should have done which was make Shayera the signature Hawk of the new52 and excluded the others.

DC Comics is so stupid sometimes. It's like, they oftentimes do the exact opposite of whatever will make the most sense.

#42 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@desh said:

@fodigg said:

Site at my damn post. Sigh.

DC Comics is so stupid sometimes. It's like, they oftentimes do the exact opposite of whatever will make the most sense.

Amen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.