Follow

John Stewart

Character » John Stewart appears in 1832 issues.

Formerly an architect, social activist, and U.S. Marine sniper, John Stewart was chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to join the Green Lantern Corps, an intergalactic peacekeeping organization dedicated to protecting life throughout the universe. Stewart has proven himself time and again to be an exceptional champion in countless missions that have taken him across the cosmos. His distinguished service in the Corps has resulted in a place among the Oan Honor Guard and the position of Corps Leader.

John Stewart an Indigo Lantern

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

I'm not gonna go in to why they are in the different corps that they are currently in but I do want to talk about the possible lack of abilities being used by him. He is one of my favorite characters but from past arcs in the GL world we know the Indigo Lanterns are the lanterns of Compassion.

Abilities - We also know they can absorb other lantern light colors heading towards them and redirection them against their foes. They also can teleport

Consquences - The one downfall that we have seen is that the indigo lanterns almost seem like they are in a trance and under the will of someone or something else. How much this affects characters we are unaware of but we know that it has happened to William Hand but not to John Stewart or Ray Palmer. How they have kept for being taken control of is a mystery still.

After knowing that these particular lanterns can do these things the top art doesnt quite make sense. Of course there is a learning curve but he has to know they have the ability to do those things (depending on whether Hal told him or not) I would like to see him use one or both of these particular abilities.

On a side note, after reading Blackest night it seems that when lantern members from different corps all aim at the same target they are more powerful together than if you had the same number of lanterns all from the same corps shoot at something so it would be beneficial for them to create a multi-colored gun, tank, battle ship or something that they could use to just mow down the green lantern corps.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Emperormeister734

THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING

SuperDoahBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SuperDoahBoy

I really wasn't a fan of the Indigos cause of that whole seeming like they are under a trance or something, but leave it to my boy John to make it look cool! From his indigo camouflage to

him turning his staff into a sniper rifle.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.