Follow

John Constantine

Character » John Constantine appears in 1561 issues.

John Constantine, the Hellblazer, is a working-class magician, occult detective and a golden-tongued con man. He is well-known for his scathing wit, endless cynicism, ruthless cunning and constant chain smoking. A roguish counterculture anti-hero, Constantine is also a strident humanist driven by a heartfelt desire to defend mankind from the forces of evil.

Spoiler Alert (kinda): The ending of Hellblazer #265...

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kal'smahboi

I'm relatively new to the Hellblazer world and I feel like the dead guy at the end of #265 was a returning character.  Can anyone fill me in?

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GT-Man

sorry not  a hell blzer person
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Thanks.  That was helpful... :P

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @aztek the lost:  No. No name. Just an image. Also, the cover says, "they believed that he was still alive. Then again, they were out of their minds."
    This leads me to believe that he's either a returning character or an undead leader of the actual British conservative party.

Then again, I may be completely wrong.
    Autopsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Autopsad

The "he" from "they believed he was still alive" is about Sid Vicious, not the bad guy in the end

Figaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Figaro
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @Kal'smahboi: Ah, I finally read the issue myself (decided to catch up on Milligan's run and I'm happy so far) but I agree with Autopsad that the cover is referring to Sid Vicious. And as for right now, I doubt the guy at the end is a recurring character though I may just not recognize him. "
    Once i get the issue ill be able to help
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @aztek the lost:@Autopsad:  Oh, good point about the "he."  That makes sense.  I really had no idea about the zombie but  @Figaro:,  if you have any idea I'd appreciate it.

I was kind of hoping that it was an old leader of the party but that's not really PC and probably too much to ask :)
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @aztek the lost: Yeah, me neither. I do enjoy some of the political themes in the book, though.

I actually went online and looked up some of the old (deceased) party leaders and the image has a slight resemblance to one of them but that's most likely just me being hopeful again.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Silkcuts

I read the issue last month so its not crystal in my head, I'll read it again in trade.  Yeah I double up on HB.

but as I remember PM has not used any ambiguous characters from the Hellblazer past.
    Chas is maybe the only reg.
    It looks like past Shade characters will be used and its confirmed Shade himself is in the next arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.