Spoiler Alert (kinda): The ending of Hellblazer #265...

#1 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm relatively new to the Hellblazer world and I feel like the dead guy at the end of #265 was a returning character.  Can anyone fill me in?

#2 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry not  a hell blzer person
#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks.  That was helpful... :P

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: I haven't started Milligan's run myself yet, I'm still reading the old Hellblazer stuff but I've no problem with spoilers and I may be able to identify the character (if they are recurring) but what makes you think they are? was the name given or what?
#5 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost:  No. No name. Just an image. Also, the cover says, "they believed that he was still alive. Then again, they were out of their minds."
This leads me to believe that he's either a returning character or an undead leader of the actual British conservative party.

Then again, I may be completely wrong.
#6 Posted by Autopsad (80 posts) - - Show Bio

The "he" from "they believed he was still alive" is about Sid Vicious, not the bad guy in the end

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: Ah, I finally read the issue myself (decided to catch up on Milligan's run and I'm happy so far) but I agree with Autopsad that the cover is referring to Sid Vicious. And as for right now, I doubt the guy at the end is a recurring character though I may just not recognize him.
#8 Posted by Figaro (570 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Kal'smahboi: Ah, I finally read the issue myself (decided to catch up on Milligan's run and I'm happy so far) but I agree with Autopsad that the cover is referring to Sid Vicious. And as for right now, I doubt the guy at the end is a recurring character though I may just not recognize him. "
Once i get the issue ill be able to help
#9 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: @Autopsad:  Oh, good point about the "he."  That makes sense.  I really had no idea about the zombie but  @Figaro:,  if you have any idea I'd appreciate it.

I was kind of hoping that it was an old leader of the party but that's not really PC and probably too much to ask :)
#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: well I'm not British so I don't get all those references but Hellblazer writers usually seem to have one thing in common: a hatred of Molly Thatcher

in fact Ennis basically trashed the entire royal family, though he never gave their names, just references so if this is a real guy that may be what they do here as well, but like I said, since I'm not British even if there was a reference it may go over my head
#11 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Yeah, me neither. I do enjoy some of the political themes in the book, though.

I actually went online and looked up some of the old (deceased) party leaders and the image has a slight resemblance to one of them but that's most likely just me being hopeful again.
#12 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the issue last month so its not crystal in my head, I'll read it again in trade.  Yeah I double up on HB.

but as I remember PM has not used any ambiguous characters from the Hellblazer past.
Chas is maybe the only reg.
It looks like past Shade characters will be used and its confirmed Shade himself is in the next arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.