Follow

John Constantine

Character » John Constantine appears in 1561 issues.

John Constantine, the Hellblazer, is a working-class magician, occult detective and a golden-tongued con man. He is well-known for his scathing wit, endless cynicism, ruthless cunning and constant chain smoking. A roguish counterculture anti-hero, Constantine is also a strident humanist driven by a heartfelt desire to defend mankind from the forces of evil.

Looking for a good read on John Constantine

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_red_viper  Moderator

Hi :D So I've already read Hellblazer vol 1: Original Sins, and it was really good. I ordered the first 2 issues of the N52 Constantine run from my local comic book shop, but I also wanna read some more classic Hellblazer. stuff. Should I proceed to vol 2, or should I skip to some other, better volumes? Where did JonCon trick The Presence? It sounds interesting and I definently wanna read it.

Thanks in advance guys :D

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Just go with Volume 2 and then 3. It's the natural progression and Delano is the Hellblazer writer for many people.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I think Delano really hit his stride on the Family Man. I love that story. Plus vol. 4 has those great Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman stories. All His Engines was a good read too. Books of Magic has some really great moments with John.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

Just go with Volume 2 and then 3. It's the natural progression and Delano is the Hellblazer writer for many people.

Which one is Dangerous Habits? After some googling I've seen many people saying it's the best Hellblazer arc.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Yea just go ont to Vol 2 and fallow it all the way till the end, its all good

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_red_viper  Moderator

I think Delano really hit his stride on the Family Man. I love that story. Plus vol. 4 has those great Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman stories. All His Engines was a good read too. Books of Magic has some really great moments with John.

@the_red_viper: Volume 5. Most recently released.

Yea just go ont to Vol 2 and fallow it all the way till the end, its all good

Thanks guys :D

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Billy Batson

John tricking Presence hasn't been collected but if it does gets collected, it'll be the Vol. 12 or so in the reprints.

BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.