Follow

John Constantine

Character » John Constantine appears in 1561 issues.

John Constantine, the Hellblazer, is a working-class magician, occult detective and a golden-tongued con man. He is well-known for his scathing wit, endless cynicism, ruthless cunning and constant chain smoking. A roguish counterculture anti-hero, Constantine is also a strident humanist driven by a heartfelt desire to defend mankind from the forces of evil.

John Constantine origins

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can some one help me out and tell me of johns origins and of other good stories

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Billy Batson

Look at his wiki page?
    But as far as origin stories go...he was born and started learning magic at a very young age. That's about it, I guess.
    BB

pretur22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC has been re collecting Hellblazer with HELLBLAZER VOL. 8 coming out in June and finishing Garth Ennis run(his run starts in Vol.4).

Having only read Garth Ennis except for the last book and Jamie Delano's run I highly recommend these book.

Although some of the artist during Delano's run are acquired taste.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: @pretur22: Thank u for the answers I will check them out but I am still looking for a origins story

Also billy batson did they finish the story in the titans story when the new captain marvel Freddie is fighting black Adam jr and jr turns shazam back into freedie but Freddie can't transform back

I can't find the rest of the story there is also the shazam one shot was that ever continued.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0:

The thing is, he doesn't really have an origin story a la "Year One". When he first appeared, he was just a side character in Moore's Swamp Thing run. There have been issues telling about his birth, childhood and teenage years but not story of him getting powers and becoming a "hero" because it was a long process.

BB

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@billy_batson: do u know anything else about the rest of my question about shazam.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@billy_batson said:

@bigbadwolfx0:

The thing is, he doesn't really have an origin story a la "Year One". When he first appeared, he was just a side character in Moore's Swamp Thing run. There have been issues telling about his birth, childhood and teenage years but not story of him getting powers and becoming a "hero" because it was a long process.

BB

I always seen Newcastle as the closest thing John has to an origin

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Billy Batson
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres no legitimate backstory, but heres a brief version, he killed his twin in the womb, his birth caused his mother to die, causing his father to reville him and hate him, after that john and his father had an abusive relationship....john had a long leniege of occults/ magicians, so he joined occult groups and started doing his stuff....he eventually moved to london, kept moving between london and liverpool, doing his usual.....................................................tah dah, that a really brief version that should get your concerns out of the way

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.