Favorite Artist

#1 Posted by The Lobster (1490 posts) - - Show Bio

I already posted on here asking who you're favorite writer is....

now let's see who you're favorite artist who has drawn John Constantine is

My favorite artist is, Leonardo Manco.

The Guy has a style that is both realistic and almost artistic like a painting, it has a certain savoir-faire to it. I like it, I like it a lot. 

So who is your favorite artist who has drawn John Constantine in the past?
#2 Posted by The Jeff (290 posts) - - Show Bio

John Romita

#3 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee Bermejo /thread
#4 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8903 posts) - - Show Bio

Ron Frenz  

I feel he is very old school

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"
"
I like the woman's face in the smoke.
#6 Edited by pimsy (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant say who is my fav because there have been so many good artist (even though  Simon Bisley is higher on the list than most) on hellblazer, but I can say who my least favorite is.......Giuseppe Camuncoli his artwork is good but when reading hellblazer I don't want it to look like a f@#kin cartoon

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@pimsy said:
" I cant say who is my fav because there have been so many good artist (even though  Simon Bisley is higher on the list than most) on hellblazer, but I can say who my least favorite is.......Giuseppe Camuncoli his artwork is good but when reading hellblazer I don't want it to look like a f@#kin cartoon "
really? I've loved Giuseppe's work on Hellblazer...it was especially perfect for Sectioned...and it worked awesome in Bloody Carnations (the shift between his and Bisley's amazing art)... 

not sure who my favorite would be though...both Bisley and Giuseppe are amazing and the freshest in my mind...I also liked Frusin and Phillips and McKean...Glenn Fabry's covers were also good...I can't remember all the others off the top of my head
#8 Posted by pimsy (4 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: 

Okay there are some stories that suit his art style perfectly like  

“The mortification of the flesh”, it was not a serious story but still enjoyable, but when it came to Pheebs and the story with her Epiphany and the love struck demon at first it was a good fit but the tone of the story got really dark really quick.

When the arc came to a head I think Giuseppe style Just did not blend well with the story that was told and I did not get the sense of immersion I would have got if it was one of the many other better artist doing the panels that suited the tone.........IMO 

#9 Posted by Autopsad (84 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by GuruOfFunk (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta agree that Lee Bermejo is probably the favorite of my favorites.

#11 Posted by kuonphobos (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Very tough question.

Best long term interiors I think Marcelo Frusin althought his work really declined towards the end. Manco is an extremely close second.

Best covers and one very memorable interior would be Tim Bradstreet. Although Bermejo's covers were amazing!

Best short term to Lee Bermejo. Really wish he could have done much more.

Worst hands down Steve Dillon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.