Did anyone enjoy the movie?

#1 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never read the comics so i wouldn't know what was from the comics and what isn't. But the only thing i do know is the he is from Liverpool [city where i am from :)] and in the film i don't think he is.

you dont see many DC characters from England, so to see this i was happy and to see that he was from Liverpool i was ever more happy to know there is a DC character from the city where i was born.

But does anyone like the film?

I did

#2 Posted by Raif (360 posts) - - Show Bio

I did enjoy it but that was from someone that has never read any of the comics. I would give the movie a 6 out of ten. Worth watching 1-5 times but not worth seeing in theater or buying (Yes I have my own rating system for movies)

#3 Posted by Infernopool (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Which movie?

#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Infernopool says:

"Which movie?"

did you even look at this? it says at the top John Constantine. Constine the film. Keeanu Revees played him

#5 Posted by Shatterstar (4514 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was kind of mediocre. I didn't appreciate getting pummeled over the head with the anti-smoking message through the whole movie. Could've been much better.

#6 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it could have been much better too.

#7 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it was iight

#8 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar says:

"I thought it was kind of mediocre. I didn't appreciate getting pummeled over the head with the anti-smoking message through the whole movie. Could've been much better."

haha. i hate that as well. gutted when shia leboef (or whateve his name is) died.

#9 Posted by Clantern (666 posts) - - Show Bio

You might want to put spoiler the next time you wreck the movie! but i enjoyed this film,

it could have been made much better though. It was nothing like i thought it would be, as it was a tad underated, so i expected the worst, but i acctually enjoyed it when i started to get into it.

overall i would give it 3 out of 5, it's not the worst thing you'll ever spend money on, but i would just watch it free of charge anyway.

#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it was boring though i dont remember the anti-smoking aspect... i must have been yawning at the time.

#11 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

i really liked it, but i cant compare it to the comic as i've never read it. but i do like supernatural movies

#12 Posted by Leah (28 posts) - - Show Bio

All of you have to go buy the comics now!!!! Like, stop reading this and go, no don't put on your shoe!. Buy everything they have at the store!

#13 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. It was ok.

#14 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

it was alrite

#15 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#16 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor casting >:P

#17 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't horrible... but it wasn't great either.

#18 Posted by Samhain (13 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it, but it isn't like the comics.

#19 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Good movie. Cool (glance) cameo of the real Domino Harvey.

#20 Posted by suckerpunch lolita (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Did any one catch the very last scean were jone visits the kid's grave?

#21 Posted by fesak (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read the comics either, and i thought it was horrible.

And Keanu Reeves couldn't even dye his hair for the role? Pathetic.

#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

the movie was nothing like the comics...

i really love the Hellblazer comic, the movie was just an insult

M

#23 Posted by chiyonosake (28 posts) - - Show Bio

i never read any of the comics but i did like the movie

#24 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read the comics but I didn't really like the movie.

#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

read the comics, you'll actually end up liking John Constantine rather than at the end of the movie where you thought he was a loser

M

#26 Posted by Toastalchemist (168 posts) - - Show Bio

It was okay. It would have been better if they did not use the name Constantine because the movie and comic versions are very different.

#27 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it 

#28 Posted by Ptero (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie could have been better.

They could have had an actor who looked the part and had the accent.  I was annoyed at the change to the very core character.

Otherwise. as a movie its all right.  As hellblazer its poor.

#29 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

As a film in its own right, its pretty good.  As an adaptation of Constantine?  Not so much.

#30 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it I wish there was more fighting and less close ups and reaction shots of Keanu

#31 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I have mixed feelings about it, I thought it was pretty decent at first...and then I started reading Hellblazer...that sums that up.

#32 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never read Hellblazer but I enjoyed the movie.

#33 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

It was ok, just not very Constantine, main example being he was played by keanu reeves

#34 Posted by The Lobster (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good film, not great but good. 

I liked it, but my only complaint was Keanu Reeves, I understand that the writer originally written so the character was from Liverpool but that didn't garner any attention so he changed it so John was an american so it would garner more attention but honestly, they could have gotten someone better the Keanu, the guy has no emotional range, he acts like a wooden board throughout the entire movie. 

That was my only complaint, Keanu Reeves. Everything else was pretty good. I'd give it a 7 out of 10

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.