Batson's Hellblazer Thread

• 72 results
#51 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps:

What site? CV?

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Oh, I thought it was the somewhat lighthearted theme that you didn't like it.
BB

#52 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Nah, the Vertigo site, lol.

#53 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson:

How does fate work in the Fables fictional universe? Find out in this tale full of deadly chases, betrayals, sword fights and skulduggery, as superstar guest-artist Gene Ha guides us through “The Destiny Game.” Also: Bufkin and his “girlfriend” sidekick continue their Ozian adventures in the backup feature painted by Shawn McManus.

:P You'd think they'd have the right solicit on the actual publisher site.

#55 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps:

That means you should start reading Fables.
BB

#56 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Have you been reading it? Are you going to read Punk Rock Jesus? :P

#57 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps:

Yes. And I might get the trade depending on its reception.
BB

#58 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: I'm guessing it's good?

#59 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: Hay not everything I read needs to be grim and/or dark (although it helps)
#60 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps:

I read the trades so I don't know about its current situation.
But women seem to love it B]
BB

#61 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Ha, it just looks like that when I see your posts :p
Same for me.
BB

#62 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Ha, it just looks like that when I see your posts :p
Same for me.
BB

Hay I like Spider-Man and uh used to like Blue beetle 
#63 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else read the latest issue?
BB

#64 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (3900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

HELLBLAZER VOL. 4: FAMILY MAN TP NEW EDITION
Written by JAMIE DELANO, GRANT MORRISON, NEIL GAIMAN and DICK FOREMAN
Art by DAVID LLOYD, DAVE McKEAN, MARK BUCKINGHAM, SEAN PHILLIPS and others
Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
On sale NOVEMBER 14 • 288 pg, FC, $19.99 US • MATURE READERS
In this new volume collecting HELLBLAZER #23-33, a twist of fate sends John Constantine into the path of a serial killer called the Family Man, who forces the con man mage to make a shattering choice.

They're really bumping those new editions :)
BB

Just finished Vol.3: The Fear Machine today, cannot wait until Vol. 4 comes out.

#65 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@Billy Batson said:

HELLBLAZER VOL. 4: FAMILY MAN TP NEW EDITION
Written by JAMIE DELANO, GRANT MORRISON, NEIL GAIMAN and DICK FOREMAN
Art by DAVID LLOYD, DAVE McKEAN, MARK BUCKINGHAM, SEAN PHILLIPS and others
Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
On sale NOVEMBER 14 • 288 pg, FC, $19.99 US • MATURE READERS
In this new volume collecting HELLBLAZER #23-33, a twist of fate sends John Constantine into the path of a serial killer called the Family Man, who forces the con man mage to make a shattering choice.

They're really bumping those new editions :)
BB

Just finished Vol.3: The Fear Machine today, cannot wait until Vol. 4 comes out.

Ha, nice. With the new edition, you'll be getting the missing issues that weren't in the original trade.
BB

#66 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else read the newest issue yet?
And for anyone who hasn't seen the solicits:

HELLBLAZER #297
Written by PETER MILLIGAN
Art by GUISEPPE CAMUNCOLI and STEFANO LANDINI
Cover by SIMON BISLEY
On sale NOVEMBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS
Hungry ghosts, tainted fairies and a mother’s lively corpse converge in Ireland as John Constantine uncovers the serial killer’s identity and the terrible truth about his nephew Finn’s beautiful wife. “The Curse of the Constantines” reaches its conclusion, and there’s nothing W.B. Yeats can do about it.

BB

#67 Edited by kuonphobos (4727 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello,

I'm a noob (joined CV in late June) but I just wanted to let ya'll know that there was another warm body that follows the exploits of John Constantine. I follow by trade paperback mostly and have not yet started in on the new DC version of Conjob.

I am enjoying Milligan's run immensly but Warren Ellis' is my fav writer followed by Jenkins, Ennis and Delano in that order.

My favorite "new" development in the JC Vertigo U is Epiphany. When the day comes and she either dies or leaves (an you know she will) I'll be waiting! =)

#68 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P. Hellblazer.
BB

#69 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27430 posts) - - Show Bio

Man totally raging

#70 Edited by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio
Nrama: I'd be remiss not to mention something that a lot of people are talking about right now, and that's the end of Hellblazer. Obviously, Hellblazer and Justice League Dark co-existed for 14 months now. From a sales perspective can you give readers insight into why such a long-running title is being cancelled outright as opposed to say alternatively, Dark, Hellblazer and a Constantine title co-existing if the market would support them?
Cunningham: Well, I don't think it's quite rational to assume that the sales level of a current book would maintain if you created a second title in a different series of book. It would be great in the abstract if you could say, "Well, we can maintain a book here at this level while launching another one." But I don't think that's realistic in any way.
Nrama: So the key, from a sales standpoint, then, was "one at a time." And the more enticing one, for sales, would be in the DCU?
Cunningham: I think we've been very pleased with the reaction both critically and from fans and sales-wise with how we've used John Constantine in the DCU. And that series, as venerable as it was, has played a long time in Vertigo. And when you see more fertile, creative ground, you tend to move toward it.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-vps-talk-october-2012-dc-sales.html
( '_' )
It's a saddening moment when fans know more about the business than the publisher's upstairs. Marvel had/s Punisher and Punisher MAX at the same with no problems.

Pretty much all the readers of Hellblazer would have continued reading the Vertigo series even if they had put the new series along with it. While on the other hand, the readers of the upcoming series would have heard about Hellblazer and giving it a go and a nice push. When the new series starts, they are going to do the same thing with the Hellblazer trades which would increase the demand of the old title...

DC just didn't want to have one piece of the DCU hanging around and the less selling title to be better.

BB

#71 Posted by Billy Batson (56956 posts) - - Show Bio

HELLBLAZER #300

Written by PETER MILLIGAN

Art by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and STEFANO LANDINI

Cover by SIMON BISLEY

On sale FEBRUARY 20 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • MATURE READERS • FINAL ISSUE

It’s the heart-rending conclusion of “DEATH AND CIGARETTES”—and the end of Vertigo’s longest running series. John Constantine has escaped, cheated, narrowly avoided and even reversed death on multiple occasions over the past 25 years. Now, we will test whether the old boy has one more second chance in him. Don’t miss this epic, oversized special issue celebrating everything that makes John Constantine so bloody unique.

Hellblazer #300

:(

BB

#72 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27430 posts) - - Show Bio

not sure I liked Epiphany shagging Johns nephew

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.