Follow

John Connor

Character » John Connor appears in 75 issues.

John Connor leader of the Tech-com rebellion against Skynet. Skynet is the mainframe computer of the planet which has calculated John Connor the leader of the enemy as being the biggest threat. He must continuously survive assassination attempts by Skynet in the past in order to save the future.

Should Terminator 5 Take Place In Present Day London?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

Despite Terminator Salvation's luke warm response here in the states, reports have it as being successful overseas.  Perhaps that success will help inspire the next movie.  I've been mulling over this news since the weekend.  There has been some rumblings that Terminator 5 will take place in London in 2011.  Back in April, McG told Film Journal International his ideas about the fifth film.
    "I strongly suspect the next movie is going to take place in a [pre-Judgment Day] 2011," McG reveals. "John Connor is going to travel back in time and he's going to have to galvanize the militaries of the world for an impending Skynet invasion. They've figured out time travel to the degree where they can send more than one naked entity. So you're going to have hunter killers and transports and harvesters and everything arriving in our time and Connor fighting back with conventional military warfare, which I think is going to be fucking awesome. I also think he's going to meet a scientist that's going to look a lot like present-day Robert Patrick [who famously played the T-1000 in Terminator 2], talking about stem-cell research and how we can all live as idealized, younger versions of ourselves."

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  It sounds like it could be cool yet there's just been so much tampering with the timestream.  It seems that since we've been introduced to the future world, we should explore its potential further.  What brought this up was, over the weekend, Bleeding Cool mentioned that 'industry sources' have also mentioned this idea.

Would you rather the franchise stay in the future world seen in Salvation or do you want John Connor to travel back in time?  If he's to become the resistance leader, would he be allowed to go on a dangerous mission into the past?  What would you like to see in the next Terminator movie?

No Caption Provided
    Image copyrightAlex Saberi.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

Ive actually posted about the next terminator and the rumors surrounding it but seeing as how no one has posted in mine i will post it in yours.
    your rumors and statements bring up more questions.

Is it really that much more dangerous to go in to the past? he knows how to kill the T-800 so unless they send a newer one its only a moderate threat and advisary. It does however throw him in to being another over all target for the terminator.

i think it is a bad idea to go back to the past again. They have made it to the future so dont leave it now. What more do they really need to show about the past? Just another attempt on John conners life. Sending an attack on anyone else would make John seem less important to the resistance. if they were to do anything they would have to take it further in to the future so they can travel back in time to 2018 to the point when John Conners son is born because in the future John and his son both lead their own resistance groups against the machines and make it a 2 front battle for the machines. Eventually Johns son does something that even John couldnt seem to accomplish so the machines go back in time to stop him from coming in to existance.

that is just what i think would be a good story if they really felt the need for time travel again. Hell send someone to the future and see what the out come is with the way they are going right now.

i think that if the movie should take place anywhere it should be in new york. To get to London would require a plane and flying that far they would definitely get shot down by machines. If they take it out of the US than it should be to Japan (Technology capital of the world) or Antartica. Some place very hard for humans to reach and survive in let alone make a stand, fight and destroy the main frame of the mother of machines. I personally think the machines system should work like the internet. basically an unstoppable system so they would have to take out every single skynet system and machine. They will probably eventually say that skynet gets destroyed but Skynet is really only a msall part of a much larger system and problem.

If anything i think that rumor could be more like a hint. yes it will take place in london and the movie will come out in 2011.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS   ********************

obivously it is still early but McG has already talked about bringing the T-1000 in to the next one. They also talked about showing who the T-1000 is based after in the future.

There has also been talks about making the next one in PRE-JUDGEMENT DAY times. Now i know T3 wasnt the favorite with fans but it DID take us right up to judgement day. I just wouldnt make alot of sense to go in and add something before judgement day.

Mention of Conner goin back in time also. IMO DUMB!!!

There was an article about how john conner is the leader of the resistance and that he basically is the man to take the machines down but clearly stated in the 3rd one is that John Conner is killed (doesnt happen tho) and his kids basically take over.

there has been mention that they would like to bring Sarah Conner back for atleast one of the movies. IM kind of iffy about this idea. It has played out good so far. if they want to do that i would like to see a movie about what she did between T1 and T2 and what happened to her and what she did from T2 till she died i think would be interesting. Kind of like more of her take on the situation.

I think they just need to stick with the current time line they are in and have them start a larger war. Show it like it was shown as the future in all the other movies.

NO FATE BUT WHAT WE MAKE

great line and it basically means they can change any part of the how the future was originally shown. Im not sure how many of these movies they plan on making before they are totally done with them but i would like to see a t-1,000,000 in one of the movies as the final battle or something.

what if Kyle Reese came up with that No Fate line bc in the future John Becomes power corrupt. What if Kyle knew that was his son byb the time he was sent back and he tried to give a message to his future son telling him he can still change who he is and that he can still change his fate of what he becomes, not just keeping him self alive.

My one question is why couldnt they use an EMP to take the machines out?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I would see that movie more but frankly I'm broke

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NightFang3

That would be fun to see.

Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This sounds incredibly stupid. There are just too reasons to say why, so I'm not even going to try.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos Prime

No..
    Too cold & too much rain..

blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By blade hunter

i think will happen coz we'v got the olympics in 2012 and everything would still be getting built so i can't see it happening

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Moomin123

It'd be good if some of it was set in London, not all of it.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF

if anything that should be where they are heading at the end of the second movie

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tyler Starke
    @DEGRAAF: I think at the end of the second movie, they should go back to Prehistoric times and recruit T-rexs and Raptors to fight the Machines.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF

rrrrrrriiiiiigggggghhhhhhhttttttttttt. You know, now that you mention it, that makes the most sense out of any story i could ever see anyone coming up with.  8l      puts gun to head and pulls trigger to keep him self from hearing more useless non-sense

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Media_Master

I'm more interested in the dark future, but it still could be neat to be done today.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
    Tyler Starke said:
    @DEGRAAF: I think at the end of the second movie, they should go back to Prehistoric times and recruit T-rexs ... [more]

"Sky-Net now introduces the T-600 Rex, the ULTIMATE Terminator... just don't feed it beans or onions"
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tyler Starke
    @Venom-Hulker_1:  I'd pay money to see it, what happens when you feed them beans or onions?
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By HaloKing343

In the Terminator Universe, Judgement day was in 2003. How can they make a movie that takes place in 2011 that is before Judgement day? That's inconsistant and doesn't fit with the timestream.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
    @Tyler Starke

Tyler Starke
    said:
    @Venom-Hulker_1:  I'd pay money to see it, what happens when you feed them beans or onions? [more]

well when I was studying dinos in middle school I learned dino fart could be as powerful as a sonic boom (and somtime even more powerful) so you get a hulk Thunder Crap basically
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
    That Would Be Interesting... lol
    Avatar image for secret_identity
    Secret Identity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By Secret Identity

It certainly doesn't sound like a BAD idea.... but perhaps it should be the 3rd (or 6th(whatever)) and final film in which Christian Bale (who i'm convinsed is just playing himself rather than John Connor) comes back in time to london and leads us to victory in the pressent then allowing his son (who is supposed to be hugly important) to lead an attack in the future. with the forces of skynet spread throughout time perhaps it would allow for the humans to win.

Probably causes hundreds of time contradictions but who cares lol maybe england just keep it a secret from the US and allow everything to happen over there whilst the UK remains untouched by the machines. That sounds pretty cool now i've thought about it.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tyler Starke
    Venom-Hulker_1 said:
    @Tyler StarkeTyler Starke said: @Venom-Hulker_1:  I'd pay money to see it, what happens when you feed them beans or onions? ... [more]
    Holy Friggin Crap hahahah, thats awesome!,hahahaha thats good stuff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.