John Carter help

#1 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

hey guys, I'll be really upfront with this

I just watched John Carter, the disney movie and I really liked it!

so I know there's some comics with this character, even though he is original from a novel. I might check the novels out but I really want to check some comics so

what's the best comics about John Carter? the most fateful to the original novel, the better written, the coolest ones, the ones closer to the movie.... etc... all of that would be helpful!

also, a question for those who know the character well or a bit atleast

in the movie he gets super leaping on Mars and some super strenght. but it seems to be a bit off sometimes, like in the beggining he punches a green martian a few meters away and then a few minutes later in the movie he punches several human martians only a meter or less away! also

if it's the gravity, shouldn't he also be faster and more durable?

thanks for all the responses in advance!

#2 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

The only ones I know of are those from Dynamite comics. They have like 5 books out on the mars mythology, try those.

#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e: you like them? are they good?

#4 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen the movie and I loved it too, but that is about it. Never read the books and the comics are unavailable in my country as far as I know.

#5 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Sorry, I've only seen previews, but them seem alright. Not up my alley, but you should check them out.

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e: thanks, Im actually doing that, since it's Dynamite, and usually they have nice stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.