On the panel was C.B. Cebulski, Jeph Loeb (Head of Marvel TV), Brian Michael Bendis and Matt Fraction (the "antithesis" of Bendis in terms of hair).
Who are the Marvel Architect artists? John Romita Jr, Mike Deodato, Stuart Immonen, Salvador Larroca, Humberto Ramos and Mark Bagley. The comic deals with college geniuses that challenge each other to try to create superheroes.
BIG SHOT information was revealed. We know Moon Knight by Bendis and Maleev was announced (Moon Knight moves to LA to take on the mysterious Kingpin of LA, who is known and will be revealed in the first arc). There will be new personas for Moon Knight. They will be his versions of Spider-Man, Wolverine and Captain America.
What about the other BIG SHOTs, Punisher and Daredevil?
== TEASER ==
The Punisher will be by Greg Rucka and Marco Checchetto.
Daredevil will be by Mark Waid, Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin. It turned out Waid was here and ran up to the stage.
Brian Michael Bendis' next creator own project was announced. He and Mark Bagley will be working together once again on a book called Brilliant.
Now for the Q&A:
- Will we see anything with the Runaways? Bendis says even with Moon Knight in LA, he will not touch them any time soon because he has respect for it. It would be fun to do something with the Pride. If nothing gets done, maybe he would.
- Jeph Loeb asked if we thought Runaways would make a good TV show. When the room cheered, Loeb said maybe he'd try talking to someone.
- Will we see a true Deadpool movie any time soon? No idea. Marvel does not control the X-Men franchise. It's Fox obviously.
- Will the Ultimate Spider-Man animated show have any ties to the true Ultimate Universe? No, it will have its own animated universe.
- Will we see the other 90s animated shows like Silver Surfer released on DVD? Loeb mentioned that some show on Marvel XD. But is there a chance for release? Loeb replied, "There's a chance."
- Now we're treated with a clip from the Ultimate Spider-Man animated show! It looks great!
- Ultimate Spider-Man animated series will air in 2012 on Disney XD.
- Can we get commentary tracks from Marvel creators on Marvel movies? Quesada says he'd personally rather have the actual directors and those involved with the movie do the actual commentary. It's not really their call.
- What about a Spider-Man or Marvel Zombie animated movie like Hulk Vs.? They have one movie left with their Lionsgate deal. Thor Asgard Tales. After they will look at what they can do. With Disney, there wouldn't even be a Marvel TV section. This time next year we should hopefully have some news.
- The Marvel Anime show air dates on G4 will be announced this summer.
- What women superheroes will be showcased? Cebulski says Hope will have a big role.
- Someone asked if Disney bought Nintendo, would that affect them. Huh? Quesada replied, "I..don't...think...so."
- Will Gwen Stacy or Uncle Ben be resurrected since Bucky was? No. Fraction joked that Uncle Ben will be revealed to be the All Father.
- Is there any way to get comics from subscription sooner or digital copies? No plans. Not in the control of those here but they are aware of the problem.
- What are the consequences of delayed books? Loeb takes the heat on this one. He says some falls on the quality of the people he works with (Arthur Adams' wife had a baby, Ultimate X is coming). Tim Sale is working on Captain America White. Sale has the script, Loeb is trying to encourage him to finish. They agreed to wait until Sale was done. If you see J. Scott Campbell, tell him to stop drawing calendars and work on Spider-Man. Bendis mentioned the prize for having late comics is to be promoted to the head of Marvel TV.
- What about $2.99 books? They will not lower the price of existing $3.99 books. They will be releasing new certain new books and miniseries at $2.99. Lowering the cost on the $3.99 books would compromise the creative teams involved.
- What about the comment that Marvel would be killing a character every quarter? Quesada asked if there was a death that wasn't story-driven.
- Any more Next Wave? They're constantly trying to get Warren to write more. Some of the characters will pop up in Heroes for Hire.
- What about the end of Secret Warriors. It was supposed to end with #27 but Hickman extended to #29. Hickman has plans and they will pop up elsewhere. Bendis wants to have some of the characters pop in the pages of the Avengers.
- What are the creators of Spectacular Spider-Man going to do now that it's officially dead with Ultimate Spider-Man? Ultimate Spider-Man is their first animated series and we should focus on that.
- What's going to happen with Punisher? Punisher's been through the ringer with FrankenCastle. He's going to trying to pick up the pieces. Waid says there could be some showtunes in it.
- What will happen to Black Panther with Daredevil coming back? The answer will come tomorrow at a panel and involve a certain weather-controlling mutant.
- Will we get more ongoing Ultimate comics instead of just the mini series? Bendis says that what's going to happen with the Death of Spider-Man, there will be one whopper after the next. There will be one big shocker after the next.
- What will happen with Northstar now that Alpha Flight is coming back? He'll be on both Alpha Flight and the X-Men.
- Bendis clarified that he didn't say no one was touching the Runaways, just that he wasn't.