C2E2 2010: Joe Benitez - Lady Mechanika

#1 Posted by Cpt. Quor (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this, Benitez's art is really nice and I'm interested to see how he writes, the premise is very interesting as well. 

Aspen have a lot of exciting things going on at the minute, Executive Assistant Iris, J.T. Krul's Mindfield etc.

#2 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

I've recently discovered Joe Benitez art (Deviantart).......love it ^_^

Good luck with the book...

#3 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me a bit of Aphrodite IX, also a Benitez creation.

#4 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems like a cool dude I hope he is successful in his writing venture.

#5 Posted by daveydavey (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats "Steampunk"?

#6 Posted by pharon66 (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@daveydavey:  It's a genre of fantasy mixed with 1800's style. Right about when steam engines where cool imagine if they used steam for everything. Like guns and planes. 
#7 Posted by daveydavey (359 posts) - - Show Bio
@pharon66 said:
" @daveydavey:  It's a genre of fantasy mixed with 1800's style. Right about when steam engines where cool imagine if they used steam for everything. Like guns and planes.  "

Wow I was guessing way off  :)  
Thanks for the reply!
#8 Edited by AbelNightroad (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Benitez's art is really nice and I'm interested to see how he writes, the premise is very interesting as well. 
 Aspen have a lot of exciting things going on at the minute, Executive Assistant Iris, J.T. Krul's Mindfield etc.  

#9 Posted by Wilderness Academy (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs did a really good job of drawing information from Joe Benitez.   Steam Era/age stories always interest me.  The cover art looks smashing. I'm looking forward to seeing Lady Mechanika in October 2010.
#10 Posted by sythspawn (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aspenite: Aphrodite IX was a David Finch creation, I believe.
#11 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio
@sythspawn: Finch was the artist but it was Benitez creation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.