Follow

Jiraiya

Character » Jiraiya appears in 350 issues.

The gallant Jiraiya, teacher of the 4th Hokage and Naruto, and taught by the 3rd hokage. This toad sage is historically known for creating techniques, summoning toads, a powerful legendary sanīn, and an extreme pervert.

The Jiraiya respect thread (possible spoilers)

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DEADPOOL

Jiraiya. Better. F*ing. Return.

At least Pein admitted that he could had lost. Since Pein knew almost everything about Jiraiya and Jiraiya knew almost nothing about Pein, yet was still able to kill Pein 4 or 5 times, imagine how well Jiraiya would had done if he knew as much about Pein as us?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Copy

Didn't jiriya figure everything out about pein at the end?

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

It's true that we know as much about Pein now as Jiraiya did, but he learned everything much too late. Once he realized there were more than three bodies, his arm was cut off and he was slipping out of Hermit Mode. Then to make things worst, he found out they can resurrect themselves. By the time Pein went in for the kill, Jiraiya was no longer in Hermit Mode, Ma was gone, and he only had one arm.

Now, what if Jiraiya went into that fight knowing everything about Pein from the beginning? Would Jiraiya had won? Pein at least seems to think he would had.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Copy

I believe he could had. But I'm still confuse about the pein thing. Not sure what jiraya learned at the end because he was pounded by a bunch of swords once he figured everything out.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEADPOOL

Yeah, I'm confused too. All this time we thought Pein was Nagato, then a twist came when Pein could be Yahiko... but whomever Pein really is, Jiraiya looked like he saw a ghost. Who is Pein??

P.S. I really, really- really hope Jiraiya survives. Tsunade hinted at a romantic attraction to Jiraiya while he was fighting Pein, I think she was gonna give him some lovein' when he came back... he has to come back!!!

I'd be surprised if Jiraiya was the only one of the sannin that doesn't have a healing ability, how else did he survive that bowling ball sized wound that he got from 4-Tailed Naruto? Besides, with the hint that Orochimaru's coming back (he's trying to take over Kabuto's body), Jiraiya has to come back so that he can have his destined final battle.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Copy

Yea. I hope he does come back. I was a upset when he died. He is actual like the grandafather of Naruto. He was probably the only person that close to naruto and his parents (besides kaskhi).

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Liverwurst

Copy says:

"Yea. I hope he does come back. I was a upset when he died. He is actual like the grandafather of Naruto. He was probably the only person that close to naruto and his parents (besides kaskhi)."

He was way closer than Kakashi, he's Naruto's godfather.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEADPOOL

Liverwurst says:

"Copy says:
    "Yea. I hope he does come back. I was a upset when he died. He is actual like the grandafather of Naruto. He was probably the only person that close to naruto and his parents (besides kaskhi)."

He was way closer than Kakashi, he's Naruto's godfather."

Well it's hard to say how close Naruto is to Jiraiya after two and a half years alone together training, but Naruto is emotionally attached to everyone... that's kind of his flaw, he cares too much and he pretty much holds the weight of the world on his shoulders. Just look at when Gaara died... out of everyone Naruto knows, Gaara's probably the most distant person from him, yet he still cried as though Gaara and him were bestest friends.

But as far as father figures go, Iruka is undoubtedly the closest to Naruto. When the whole village shunned him, harassed him, and hated him... it was Iruka that stepped forth and took Naruto under his wing, showed him kindness and respect and love. He single-handedly changed Naruto, stopped him from becoming like Gaara.

silli bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By silli bill

anime losers LOL

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Liverwurst

DEADPOOL says:

"Liverwurst says:
    "Copy says:

Well it's hard to say how close Naruto is to Jiraiya after two and a half years alone together training, but Naruto is emotionally attached to everyone... that's kind of his flaw, he cares too much and he pretty much holds the weight of the world on his shoulders. Just look at when Gaara died... out of everyone Naruto knows, Gaara's probably the most distant person from him, yet he still cried as though Gaara and him were bestest friends.

But as far as father figures go, Iruka is undoubtedly the closest to Naruto. When the whole village shunned him, harassed him, and hated him... it was Iruka that stepped forth and took Naruto under his wing, showed him kindness and respect and love. He single-handedly changed Naruto, stopped him from becoming like Gaara."

Which is why he cried for Gaara, he felt Gaara died without ever actually being accepted by someone like Iruka, and how easily Naruto could have been like Gaara.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Copy

Liverwurst says:

"Copy says:

I know. just saying.

@deadpool to true.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEADPOOL

Liverwurst says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "Liverwurst says:
    "Copy says:

But as far as father figures go, Iruka is undoubtedly the closest to Naruto. When the whole village shunned him, harassed him, and hated him... it was Iruka that stepped forth and took Naruto under his wing, showed him kindness and respect and love. He single-handedly changed Naruto, stopped him from becoming like Gaara."

Which is why he cried for Gaara, he felt Gaara died without ever actually being accepted by someone like Iruka, and how easily Naruto could have been like Gaara."

But Gaara was being accepted. Gaara turned a new neaf after the chuunin exams and started acting less emo, even helped save Lee (despite trying to murder him in his sleep out of spite a few weeks prior). Then after Naruto got back from his 2 and a half year training with Jiraiya, it turns out that not only has Gaara become a softy (well, comparatively speaking) but was made the Kazekage of the Sand village. And even freakier still... everyone there loves him. But the thing though is that the last time Naruto saw Gaara before returning home, he and Gaara were in a life or death battle.

silli bill says:

"anime losers LOL"

Yup! ^_^

Post Edited:2007-12-22 15:11:45

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEADPOOL

Post Deleted.

silli bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silli bill

DEADPOOL says:

"Liverwurst says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "Liverwurst says:
    "Copy says:
    Which is why he cried for Gaara, he felt Gaara died without ever actually being accepted by someone like Iruka, and how easily Naruto could have been like Gaara."
    But Gaara was being accepted. Gaara turned a new neaf after the chuunin exams and started acting less emo, even helped save Lee (despite trying to murder him in his sleep out of spite a few weeks prior). Then after Naruto got back from his 2 and a half year training with Jiraiya, it turns out that not only has Gaara becomes a softy (well, comparatively speaking) and was made the Kazekage of the Sand village. And even freakier still... everyone there loves him. But the thing though is that the last time Naruto saw Gaara before returning home, he and Gaara were in a life or death battle. "

i hate anime,i hate anime,i hate ANIMEEEE!!!!

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DEADPOOL

silli bill says:

"i hate anime,i hate anime,i hate ANIMEEEE!!!!"

Shush chatty monkey! The big kids are talking.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEADPOOL

silli bill says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:
    Shush chatty monkey! The big kids are talking."

jk i kinda of like some anime"

There aren't alot of animes that I like either, and honestly I didn't pay too much attention to "Naruto" until Jiraiya came along. He's really what got me into the show, which makes his "death" so hard-hitting to me... I still hope he returns, he has to some how!

silli bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By silli bill

DEADPOOL says:

"silli bill says:

jk i kinda of like some anime

silli bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By silli bill

DEADPOOL says:

"silli bill says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:
    There aren't alot of animes that I like either, and honestly I didn't pay too much attention to "Naruto" until Jiraiya came along. He's really what got me into the show, which makes his "death" so hard-hitting to me... I still hope he returns, he has to some how!"

wasn't he like 60 or something ,him being dead is not a surprize

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Liverwurst

silli bill says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:
    There aren't alot of animes that I like either, and honestly I didn't pay too much attention to "Naruto" until Jiraiya came along. He's really what got me into the show, which makes his "death" so hard-hitting to me... I still hope he returns, he has to some how!"

wasn't he like 60 or something ,him being dead is not a surprize"

That is not why he died.

silli bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By silli bill

Liverwurst says:

"silli bill says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:
    That is not why he died."

oh thanx for the info,how did he

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Liverwurst

silli bill says:

"Liverwurst says:
    "silli bill says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:

oh thanx for the info,how did he

"

Multiple stab wounds, and loss of an arm while fighting the "head" of Akatsuki.

silli bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By silli bill

Liverwurst says:

"silli bill says:
    "Liverwurst says:
    "silli bill says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "silli bill says:
    oh thanx for the info,how did he "
    Multiple stab wounds, and loss of an arm while fighting the "head" of Akatsuki."

sux

Avatar image for lantern_of_hatred
    Lantern Of Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatest man ever to live.

Bump'd.

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DragonGateAcer

i hope he comes back his relationship with naruto was great long live the pervy sage

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DEADPOOL

I think Tsunade was hinting that she'd let Jiraiya get in her pants if he came back.

That's reason enough for Jiraiya to return, the pervert cannot be stopped! lol.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shaper

I would return if someone told me that, lol.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DEADPOOL

Is it arguable that Jiraiya is the most powerful character in the manga? The 4th Hokage even seemed to believe Jiraiya was the greatest, and we know that:

Jiraiya > Itachi+Kisame.

Jiraiya > 4-Tailed Naruto.

Jiraiya > Konan.

Jiraiya > Pein.

I'm sad that we didn't get to see him in more battles, he is truly impressive!

Post Edited:2008-03-19 13:41:20

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shaper

Personally, I like Naruto more. But, I did always like Jiraiya.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DEADPOOL

Shaper says:

"Personally, I like Naruto more. But, I did always like Jiraiya."

I like to look at Jiraiya as the future version of Naruto, or Naruto as the past version of Jiraiya.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shaper

DEADPOOL says:

"Shaper says:
    I like to look at Jiraiya as the future version of Naruto, or Naruto as the past version of Jiraiya. "

Well, in Shippuden, Naruto is acting more like Jiraiya. I believe Yamato implied it when Naruto was about to peak on the girl's bathroom.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DEADPOOL

Shaper says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "Shaper says:
    I like to look at Jiraiya as the future version of Naruto, or Naruto as the past version of Jiraiya. "

Well, in Shippuden, Naruto is acting more like Jiraiya. I believe Yamato implied it when Naruto was about to peak on the girl's bathroom."

Tsunade also made a similar comment when Naruto first returns to the village after the time-skip.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shaper

DEADPOOL says:

"Shaper says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "Shaper says:
    Well, in Shippuden, Naruto is acting more like Jiraiya. I believe Yamato implied it when Naruto was about to peak on the girl's bathroom."
    Tsunade also made a similar comment when Naruto first returns to the village after the time-skip."

Don't remember that one, but all of them are acting more like the Legendary Sannin. lol.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DEADPOOL

Shaper says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "Shaper says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    "Shaper says:
    Tsunade also made a similar comment when Naruto first returns to the village after the time-skip."

Don't remember that one, but all of them are acting more like the Legendary Sannin. lol. "

Yeah, I think it's pretty cool. It's like a legacy in motion, and the past repeating itself. But I'm pretty sure the "Neo Sannin" aren't going to make the same mistakes as the original Sannin.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shaper

Yea, that's one of my favorite thing of the Naruto series. They are becoming more like them and it is like a legacy thing. And for Naruto it's an actual legacy thing. Jiraiya is like his godfather or something. And "Neo"?

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DEADPOOL

Shaper says:

"Yea, that's one of my favorite thing of the Naruto series. They are becoming more like them and it is like a legacy thing. And for Naruto it's an actual legacy thing. Jiraiya is like his godfather or something. And "Neo"?"

Yeah, he's the godfather. Neo: "A prefix signaling a "new" form or a revival of an old one."

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shaper

Ahh, thank you. And I want to learn a little more about Naruto Mother. Like, what level she was, what jutsu she was good at, and all that stuff.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DEADPOOL

Shaper says:

"Ahh, thank you. And I want to learn a little more about Naruto Mother. Like, what level she was, what jutsu she was good at, and all that stuff."

It would be pretty cool to find out about her and all the other mysterious figures, like Hanzo. About Kushina though, Tsunade and Jiraiya did say that she had jutsus like Naruto's... infact, some people have been speculating that she's really Pein.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shaper

WHAT!?!?!?! When was this? Why?

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DEADPOOL

Shaper says:

"WHAT!?!?!?! When was this? Why?"

When they talked about her, or why some people think she's Pein?

the toad of 6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the toad of 6

i know much about naruto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 iam the sage of 6 paths !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka the toad sage

that would be wicked awesom if pain was narutos mom but it would kind of suck

if anything its the 4th hokage i mean his hair style

or it could have been lietaly the sage of 6 paths

i mean come on wtf

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.