LBCC '09: Jimmy Palmiotti (Jonah Hex, Powergirl And More)

Posted by G-Man (34520 posts) - - Show Bio

Jimmy Palmiotti is a fun guy to talk to.  It's impressive if you look at all the books he's worked on.  He also is currently working on a lot of projects.  I got to talk to him about Jonah Hex (comic and movie), Powergirl, Terra,  Wednesday Comics, an update on Vampire Hunter D and more.

Staff
#1 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

He may be a talented writer but than God no Vampire Hunter D. I don't want to see an American version. It would be just as bad as the anime Wolverine or Iron Man...
#2 Posted by victorvndoom (82 posts) - - Show Bio

i saw the painkiller tvseries, how loyal is de tvseries vs comic ?

#3 Posted by spectaculous (25 posts) - - Show Bio

our booth was right across from jimmy (and the annoying dude that wouldn't stop playing shitty sublime covers), and him and amanda conner are nothing short of great people.
#4 Posted by G-Man (34520 posts) - - Show Bio
@spectaculous: Hey, it was good getting a chance to talk to you there!
Staff
#5 Posted by _brandon (66 posts) - - Show Bio
@victorvndoom said:
"i saw the painkiller tvseries, how loyal is de tvseries vs comic ? "

The Sci Fi series wasnt too much like the comic. In the comic she works with a cop (Maureen) to take down guys that the cops can't or won't go near. It's got a Punisher flavor to it mixed with Wolverine's healing factor.
#6 Posted by Galamoth (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me what the "update" on Vampire Hunter D is? (I don't have sound, my comp is stuck in safe mode.)

#7 Posted by G-Man (34520 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not happening.  They just wanted Jimmy and Josh Blaylock to tell the same old story again.

Staff
#8 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, he gets around these days.

#9 Posted by Shadow Sorcerer (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I've recently started to catch-up with the Jonah Hex trades (recently finished the third one) and so far I'm loving what he along with Justin Gray and the roster of artists are doing.

Have yet to try Power Girl though, I've heard only possitive things though so maybe I should start to

#10 Posted by TwilightThunder (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to have my Jonah Hex #1 signed by Justin and Jimmy.  Both geniuses.

#11 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the Supergirl in wednesday comics strip. However I still think Supergirl:Cosmic Adventures is the best all ages Supergirl story ever and one of the best Supergirl stories period.

#12 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

gotta love east coast accent.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.