Why dont they Kill him off already?

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to just let him go. He is just s body for Superman to save that could be replaced by any body else. IDK when his character was created but i dont think he is really needed as much as he used to be. Before although all the characters were in the same universe they still seemed like they were on their own worlds, now characters are placed in each others stories and villains are much more easily mixed and matched. I say kill him off or throw him in Limbo instead of pulling stupid stuff like this? 

Elastic Lad by Curt Swan

HE SHOULD HAVE DIED RIGHT THEN AND THERE!!!!

Get rid of him already
#2 Posted by Virus_Warning (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite the...weirdness that he's gone through over the years, Jimmy's the best character in the Superman series
Especially in Earth-One
-Virus

#3 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio
@Virus_Warning:
I have yet to read/find Earth-One
#4 Posted by Outside_85 (8095 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if Superman needed a Jason Todd, i guess Olsen is first in line. 
But then again he might turn out to be the Zangrief Kid of comics.

#5 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be mayor of Metropolis!

#6 Posted by digimod (239 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't get rid of Jimmy Olsen - he is an integral part of the Superman mythology.

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

The character was created in 1938, a few months after Lois Lane and a year and a half before Lex Luthor...however I have to agree he's entirely useless and I've never really liked him in the slightest...he doesn't add anything to the story. However, he doesn't deserve a death because then people might mourn him, so I say keep him around being useless.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

If Jimmy wasn't around then Superman would have to find someone else to be a dick to, 

Jimmy is taking a bullet for the rest of us
#9 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

While mostly all of that stuff DC has had him do as shown in your pictures was pretty stupid, I wouldn't want to see him die. But that's just me

#10 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want to see Jimmy Olsen killed, check JLA - The Nail.

#11 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Because I like Jimmy, and DC cares what I think :D

(I hope any way)

#12 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

While I think the events taken in Countdown were probably his worst moments IMO, I still like him. I especially liked him in Jimmy Olsen's Big Week. Over the top? Yes, but it was fun. That's basically what makes Olsen interesting to me. And presently he can take care of himself without Superman most of the time now.

#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

meh.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (81527 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want DC to kill Jimmy off, but I'd like it if they wrote him out of the stories and put him on a shelf for quite a while.

#15 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

I don't want DC to kill Jimmy off, but I'd like it if they wrote him out of the stories and put him on a shelf for quite a while.

#16 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

The character was created in 1938, a few months after Lois Lane and a year and a half before Lex Luthor...however I have to agree he's entirely useless and I've never really liked him in the slightest...he doesn't add anything to the story. However, he doesn't deserve a death because then people might mourn him, so I say keep him around being useless.

They should just put him in comic book limbo. I dislike this character alot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.